The College Basketball Post

Why isn't there someone close to him that gets him to act like a god damn normal human being? Whether or not he likes it, it's better for his future. The kid is a PR nightmare.

has Rick Barnes taken his name out of consideration for UCLA yet?

Take it Rick.

:rofl:

That Henderson clip wasn't as bad as I thought it was, but like Rome said today if you're going to be popping your jersey and gator chomping and inciting the fans you need to be able to deal with the other stuff that comes from that.

Just came in here to post my homies real twitter page cause a lot of fake ones been floating around since the tournament

you can follow FGCU Sherwood Brown on Twitter @badnews_woody

his instagram is @bigwoody25

Norvel Pelle, top center in ’11 class, to enter NBA Draft
David Harten Mar 25, 2013, 8:15 PM EDT
Leave a comment

picture_body_20211.jpg

Norvel Pelle’s collegiate career is over after two commitments and zero games played.

The no. 1 center in the 2011 high school class will enter the 2013 NBA Draft, according to Yahoo! Sports Marc J. Spears. Pelle committed to St. John’s after the 2011 season, but due to a nomadic high school career, he wasn’t cleared to play by the NCAA. He eventually committed to Iona for this season, but never made it on campus and wasn’t listed on the team’s official roster online.

The 6-11 Pelle spent last season at L.A. City Prep before committing to the Gaels. He’s originally from Compton, Calif.

We’ve seen these kinds of cases before. The more Pelle bounced around, the more paperwork he accumulated and eyebrows he raised. Especially those of the NCAA.

He was obviously a legitimate high-major recruit, with interests from San Diego State, Iowa State and others in his recruitment, but it’s hard to qualify when a player plays at as many schools as he has prep eligibilty for.

He’s a wiry body at around 210 pounds, but obviously he has the height. A team might take a shot on him if they really want to take on a project.

But this had to be a second option. Pelle and Iona coach Tim Cluess both would’ve been well served to have him for next season, had he been eligible. Hard to imagine, judging by the move, that he ever would’ve been, though.

CLICK HERE to follow along with who is turning pro and who is returning to school

Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten

http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcspo...le-top-center-in-11-class-to-enter-nba-draft/

More info on early entries:

http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/2013-nba-draft/early-entry/

Interesting, but obviously will get drafted because of height and position. Dude hasn't even played a collegiate game. :lol:

Wanna see where Tony Mitchell goes too. Def has the athleticism and height but this season was underwhelming.

The scary part about is that FGCU could actually get to the Elite 8. Their biggest test is actually getting to Atlanta itself with Michigan/Kansas standing in their way

The scary part about is that FGCU could actually get to the Elite 8. Their biggest test is actually getting to Atlanta itself with Michigan/Kansas standing in their way

So your saying the Gators won't be a test get outta here, keep believing that hype.

Man Florida has a week to prepare against FGCU. You know FGCU is losing a bit of focus with higher expecations now, especially with a week before the game.

I bet Billy Donovan devises a defensive scheme to keep their PG from penetrating so easily and preventing lobs. Just my opinion.

Yeah giving Donavan a week to prepare..I'd put my money on his squad.

Marshall Henderson returning to school...well "99% sure"

Yooo the hoop summit rosters have been released.

USA Roster
PLAYER NAME POSITION HEIGHT / WEIGHT DATE OF BIRTH HIGH SCHOOL / COLLEGE HOMETOWN
Aaron Gordon
F 6-9 / 210 September 16, 1995 Archbishop Mitty / Undecided San Jose, CA
Aaron Harrison G 6-5 / 205 October 20, 1994 Travis / Kentucky* Richmond, TX
Andrew Harrison G 6-5 / 205 October 20, 1994 Travis / Kentucky* Richmond, TX
Kasey Hill G 6-0 / 170 December 3, 1993 Montverde Academy / Florida* Eustis, FL
Rondaé Hollis-Jefferson F 6-7 / 205 January 3rd, 1995 Chester / Arizona* Chester, PA
Demetrius Jackson G 6-1 / 165 September 7th, 1994 Marian / Notre Dame* Mishawaka, IN
Jabari Parker F 6-9 / 201 March 15th, 1995 Simeon / Duke** Chicago, IL
Bobby Portis F 6-9 / 225 February 10th, 1995 Hall / Arkansas* Little Rock, AR
Julius Randle F 6-9 / 225 November 29th, 1994 Prestonwood Christian / Kentucky** McKinney, TX
Noah Vonleh F 6-8 / 220 August 24th, 1995 New Hampton / Indiana* Haverhill, MA

World Team Roster

PLAYER NAME POSITION HEIGHT* YEAR OF BIRTH COUNTRY CURRENT TEAM
Dennis Schröder PG 6-1 1993 Germany NY Phantoms Braunschweig
Nikola Ivanovic PG 6-3 1994 Montenegro KK Buducnost
Gabriel Deck PF 6-6 1995 Argentina Asociacion Quimsa Santiago del Estero
Dante Exum SG 6-4 1995 Australia Australian Institue of Sport
Andrew Wiggins SF 6-7 1995 Canada Huntington Prep (WV)
Sergey Karasev SF 6-7 1993 Russia Triumph Lyubertsy
Mario Hezonja SG 6-7 1995 Croatia Regal FC Barcelona
Mouhammadou Jaiteh C 6-8 1994 France SO Maritime Boulogne
Livio Jean-Charles SF 6-9 1993 France Asvel Lyon-Villeurbanne
Karl Towns, Jr. C 6-11 1995 Dominican Republic St. Joseph HS (NJ)

This is the best Wolrd team ever IMO, Hezonja, Wiggins and Exum may be top top picks.

Dante Exum is going to school in the states, I think Indiana is the front runner, he can ball.

Last edited:
Late on this but anyone questioning "why" Minnesota would go in a different coaching direction has not been paying close enough attention.

Tubby Smith at this point in his career is not gifted a lifetime contract and there are SOME expectations attached to his name and his contract terms. Regardless if he is at Minnesota or Kentucky.

What's the word on the Aaron Gordon recruitment?

I remember Arizona was the favorite but I never got that move with Kaleb/Jerret/Ashley already in the front court. Hope he goes to Oregon, him/Artis/Dotson would be a problem together.

Exum is a shooter right OKB? Him and Pinson would be nice for 2014 :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom