The College Basketball Post

Craft had the mismatch (individual advantage) on Niang. I'm sure Thomas wasn't happy, but at least he didn't pull a Bazz. Ross has been huge from deep. Defense was no question from Thad. Most wondered if the Buckeyes had enough offense outside of Deshaun and Craft.

I'm an Arizona fan and pleasantly surprised Miller and Lyons got us to the Sweet 16. However, I see the Buckeyes winning with team defense and Craft giving Lyons the lock-down treatment.

Early rumors are Shaka to UCLA and Pastner to USC.

I don't think I would take Hardaway in the 1st round. He a good skill set and size but he's a streaky shooter and when his shot isn't falling it affects the rest of his game and his ball handling isn't great either.

Syracuse's Carter-Williams' home destroyed by fire
The Associated Press – 12 hours ago
Email

Syracuse guard Michael Carter-Williams (1) drives to the basket against California forward Robert Thurman (34) during the first half of a third-round game …

HAMILTON, Mass. (AP) -- The Massachusetts home of Syracuse star guard Michael Carter-Williams has been destroyed by a fire. According to Boston television station WCVB, the blaze began around 10:30 p.m. Saturday at the Hamilton home of Mandy Carter-Zegarowski, the mother of Carter-Williams.

When firefighters arrived at the home about 30 miles north of Boston, there was heavy fire in the attic and around the chimney. Firefighters had to be evacuated twice because of the intense heat before the flames were brought under control by 12:50 a.m., the station said.

Family members were in the home watching the Syracuse-California game in the NCAA tournament when the blaze erupted, but there were no injuries. Carter-Williams wasn't told about the fire until after the game in San Jose, Calif.

Last edited:
True. I could actually see Shaka leaving for UCLA despite last year's claims of his wife and newborn child being happy in the VCU area. Stevens to UCLA? Not so much.

Pastner to USC sounds possible/logical.

Common sense would rule out Donovan. No reason to leave Gainseville really.

Better question is Howland's next destination?

I don't think I would take Hardaway in the 1st round. He a good skill set and size but he's a streaky shooter and when his shot isn't falling it affects the rest of his game and his ball handling isn't great either.
This is RoOk, the prisoner moment. Earlier in the year he said that McLemore was hands down the guy that he'd take #1. 
laugh.gif
 Now he'd take Hardaway over him. 

I never really understood how people could see a guy play at a very high level for an elite program all year, and then with 2 bad tourney games he's been "exposed".

If I'm Pasnter I stay at Memphis until that Zona job opens up...He has a great class coming in and will be in tourney every year at Memphis...Good chance he gets exposed somewhat at USC and his stock falls somewhat. Guess I just see more to lose than to gain there.

This is RoOk, the prisoner moment. Earlier in the year he said that McLemore was hands down the guy that he'd take #1. 
laugh.gif

Now he'd take Hardaway over him. 

I never really understood how people could see a guy play at a very high level for an elite program all year, and then with 2 bad tourney games he's been "exposed".

Uh I don't see the problem here. I said I would take him #1 EARLIER in the year aka MONTHS AGO. **** changes. As the year gone on and I have been watching Mclemore play, I wouldn't draft him first. I like TH Jr more and would take him top 10-15.

Still think Ben is top 5 ofcourse. I just like TH game better. They both are inconsistant and have their faults

Last edited:
If I'm Pasnter I stay at Memphis until that Zona job opens up...He has a great class coming in and will be in tourney every year at Memphis...Good chance he gets exposed somewhat at USC and his stock falls somewhat. Guess I just see more to lose than to gain there.
Has he not been exposed at Memphis? 

That & that Zona job is NOT opening up anytime soon.

I wouldn't say he's been exposed completely...his team got to the round of 32 this year, he's still young and at least can give off the impression that he has room to grow as a coach while still being an elite recruiter. Lot of schools would still love to have him.

And while Arizona is an elite job, I've heard rumors that if Roy retires in the near future that Sean Miller is at the top of UNC's list.

JPZ gets his wish, Tubby Smith gets canned. Not going to make it out like Tubby's done a good job really or anything but good luck getting a coach who can make Minnesota basketball relevant.

Surprising move by the Gophers; do they think they can do better than Tubby? Seems like he's always getting a raw deal :lol:

Tubby sure made a lot of money (I think?) to never have a winning record in the league and just win his first tourney game this past weekend.

Tubby sure made a lot of money (I think?) to never have a winning record in the league and just win his first tourney game this past weekend.
and whats your point? is Minnesota some power house we dont know about? instate recruiting is not deep and you play in the big10.

Back
Top Bottom