The College Basketball Post

Jaemyn :pimp:

UVA being exposed as frauds this early into the season is such a welcomed sight

:lol: at the constant UVA hate in this thread.

Just because their style of play and system doesn't appease most.

Tony Bennett does more with less talent year after year, to me that is a true testament of a great coach.

The season is early and they definitely have some glaring weaknesses they need to approve upon.

I will take UVA's program trajectory over any other ACC team, based off the past 5 years or so.

No one in this thread doesn’t think that Tony is a good coach. The style of play is what it is. If you loved the Boston Celtics of the 1950’s then I’m sure it’s a great style.

If you give me the pick of a school in the ACC to win a National title in the next 5 years, no, I’m not picking UVA. That style makes them susceptible to an upset every single game. Look at the fluke things that had to happen for them to actually win one in 2018-2019.

It’s already began with Devin

Last edited:
No one in this thread doesn’t think that Tony is a good coach. The style of play is what it is. If you loved the Boston Celtics of the 1950’s then I’m sure it’s a great style.

If you give me the pick of a school in the ACC to win a National title in the next 5 years, no, I’m not picking UVA. That style makes them susceptible to an upset every single game. Look at the fluke things that had to happen for them to actually win one in 2018-2019.

It’s already began with Devin

Ecook you the homie

Tony Bennett does more with less talent year after year,

We need to have a dialogue about this narrative because it’s simply not true. Tony Bennett did not start having success at UVA until he was able to bring in top 5 recruiting classes in the ACC/top 25 classes nationally. They’ve had 4 top 25 classes since 2012. Their 2012 class ranked 32nd but was headlined by NBA player Justin Anderson.

While yes, UVA doesn’t consistently recruit with the likes of Duke or even UNC, their national championship team was ran by Jerome, Guy and deandre hunter, all apart of a 2016 recruiting class that nationally ranked 7th. Bennett is able to keep his talent around a lot longer than most coaches. Not doing more with less.

We need to have a dialogue about this narrative because it’s simply not true. Tony Bennett did not start having success at UVA until he was able to bring in top 5 recruiting classes in the ACC/top 25 classes nationally. They’ve had 4 top 25 classes since 2012. Their 2012 class ranked 32nd but was headlined by NBA player Justin Anderson.

While yes, UVA doesn’t consistently recruit with the likes of Duke or even UNC, their national championship team was ran by Jerome, Guy and deandre hunter, all apart of a 2016 recruiting class that nationally ranked 7th. Bennett is able to keep his talent around a lot longer than most coaches. Not doing more with less.

I was comparing to the recruiting classes of UNC / Duke mostly for the diehard fanboys in here. I should have clarified that.

UVA’s system keeps them from getting a bunch of 5 stars, I understand that. However with the recent success they are starting to get more offensive talent consistently.

Like I said, I like the program trajectory over the next 10-15 years if Tony Bennett stays.

I was comparing to the recruiting classes of UNC / Duke mostly for the diehard fanboys in here. I should have clarified that.

UVA’s system keeps them from getting a bunch of 5 stars, I understand that. However with the recent success they are starting to get more offensive talent consistently.

Like I said, I like the program trajectory over the next 10-15 years if Tony Bennett stays.

Why would you compare recruits to a blue blood schools. Nobody in the league does that , You only have one chip and that was recently

Last edited:

If Bennett never switches his coaching style, as the game continues to evolve offensively, then I don’t like UVA’s trajectory over the next 10-15 years.

Sorry who are the “diehards”? At least CALL Sonny Corinthos Sonny Corinthos out as a Duke loyalist

1607129506241.jpeg

If Bennett never switches his coaching style, as the game continues to evolve offensively, then I don’t like UVA’s trajectory over the next 10-15 years.
Yea UVA can and does get solid players but Bennett is a straight system coach...Doesn’t matter who yo brings in they gon play that slow, low scoring defensive basketball ...They can get their usual 20+ wins but nobody really worried bout em when it matters cuz they won’t score more than 50, even after winning a championship :lol:

Back
Top Bottom