The College Basketball Post

Originally Posted by Kis Open Doors

Originally Posted by allen3xis

Flynn > Teague.
No way.

Its not a no way. People see one game and wanna blow the guy. He is a real good player. He showed he could score. But I am saying. You play them against eachother. Flynn will get the better of him. I think Flynn could score like Teague does if he needed too. He defers to guys like Devendorft and Rautins.

Its close, but I would rather have Flynn leading my team. They do play differently though. Teague is more like a two.

Is Texas ever gonna make the final four again? so disappointing since then, even when they've had good talent. I dunno, i just feel like they come out soflat all the time, like they lack an identity. is that Barnes behind that?

Originally Posted by allen3xis

Really, they're porbably even as far as skills practically across the board.

but Flynn is Syracuse right now and is asked to do A LOT. More than Teague IMO.

that's why I would say he's better right now in college. Not a slight to Teague.

I would take Flynn in a matchup bewtween the two and to lead my team. They both can score but I have seen how much Jonny does. I have a hard time saying that Iwould take any point over him.

Like Allen said. Nothing against Teague.

Anyone else hate this duo of Ron Franklin and Fran?

Don't dislike either...but together...just never end up watching the game that much.

Their boring as hell. It's hard going from listening to Raftery and Bilas to these to. I know what you mean.

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

Is Texas ever gonna make the final four again? so disappointing since then, even when they've had good talent. I dunno, i just feel like they come out so flat all the time, like they lack an identity. is that Barnes behind that?
Since they made it in 2003, they haven't had a team that was really complete, or could play both ends of the court at a high level... Orthey've been too reliant on one guy on the offensive end... I think 2005 was probably their best team since (Aldridge, Gibson, Tucker, Buckman), but thatteam wasn't particularly deep in talent and they ran into the LSU buzz saw in the Elite 8 and Tyrus/Big Baby went off...

Then they had Durant, Augustin, and Abrams two years ago... Real good talent, but they relied on KD far too much offensively (put that blame on Barnes), theycouldn't play defense real well, and they didn't have any big men they could rely on to contribute every night...

Now they've got a lot of big men that can play, no point guard, and one consistent scoring threat... They can get after it defensively and really causeproblems for some teams, but they're just too one-dimensional offensively... This team would be so much better if Damion James ever played with intensity,but he doesn't... And that's been a problem that has plagued him all the way back to high school...

As far as the Teague vs. Flynn discussion, I'd have to take Flynn, but I've seen him maybe twice as much. He's strong, takes it to the rack, andcan be a true PG and run the team, something Teague lacks sometimes. I will say both are good rebounders for guards, and Teague is a better 3 point shooter. Istill wonder how Teague got away from the Midwest.

Also, first time I've seen Lousiville tonight. Impressed. Terrance Williams is scary good. Earl Clark pulls Robin to his Batman pretty well too, andSamuels is a monster down low. He knows what he has to do, and sticks in the paint. Just has some dumb freshman mistakes (fouling Gody, T.O.'s) sometimes.If Louisville can claw through the Big East, I can see them making a run.

roll.gif
roll.gif
@ telling me I hopped on his @%#* after one game. Dude has been consistent and I'm pretty sure he torched Duke last year
indifferent.gif

I would definitely rather have Teague on my team than Flynn. How about 1. He can actually MAKE freethrows. He's reliable from the arc and not only can hescore but dish the ball as well. I'm almost positive Teague is averaging more ppg than Flynn as well. In the pros > Flynn. IMO, he's just a betterall around player than Flynn. Whats even worse is that Teagues little brother is better than him
sick.gif

John Thompson and Roy Williams were both spotted watching Roscoe Smith this week.

The Georgetown head man took in Smith early in the week. Them Roy Williams made his way to Baltimore (Md.) Walbrook on Friday night. Smith went for 18 points and 14 rebounds in his game on Friday.

The 6-foot-7, 185-pound wing has a long list of schools trailing him. The list includes Georgetown, North Carolina, Connecticut, Florida, Kansas, Maryland, Memphis and many others.

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

John Thompson and Roy Williams were both spotted watching Roscoe Smith this week.

The Georgetown head man took in Smith early in the week. Them Roy Williams made his way to Baltimore (Md.) Walbrook on Friday night. Smith went for 18 points and 14 rebounds in his game on Friday.

The 6-foot-7, 185-pound wing has a long list of schools trailing him. The list includes Georgetown, North Carolina, Connecticut, Florida, Kansas, Maryland, Memphis and many others.

Two team race IMO now. We'll see how Roy plays his cards.

We have the #1 SOS
eek.gif
...never thought I'd see the day.

Lundardi with a new bracketology
grin.gif
laugh.gif

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/bracketologyhttp://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/bracketology

As far as Earl goes...can't get excited about him as a I did last year, he has made marginal improvement on his game. Lucky for him he's got some realtalent.

Bill Bayno has officially resigned at Loyola Marymount.

Bayno, who has been on a leave since Nov. 24 due, will step down due to medical reasons and will be replaced by acting coach Max Good.

Good has agreed to a multi-year deal.

"Due to medical reasons and on the advice of my doctors, I am resigning from my duties as head men's basketball coach at Loyola Marymount," Baynosaid in a statement. "I sincerely apologize for any disappointment this might cause the fans, the administration, the students and most importantly myplayers, their families and my coaching staff."

Good, who has plenty of head coaching experience at the collegiate and prep school level, takes over a team ravaged by injuries. The Lions have just sevenhealthy scholarship players and are 1-16 overall.

Wonder if Vinson re-opens
nerd.gif

Max Good is the biggest piece of $%%+ there is around.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

Is Texas ever gonna make the final four again? so disappointing since then, even when they've had good talent. I dunno, i just feel like they come out so flat all the time, like they lack an identity. is that Barnes behind that?
Since they made it in 2003, they haven't had a team that was really complete, or could play both ends of the court at a high level... Or they've been too reliant on one guy on the offensive end... I think 2005 was probably their best team since (Aldridge, Gibson, Tucker, Buckman), but that team wasn't particularly deep in talent and they ran into the LSU buzz saw in the Elite 8 and Tyrus/Big Baby went off...

Then they had Durant, Augustin, and Abrams two years ago... Real good talent, but they relied on KD far too much offensively (put that blame on Barnes), they couldn't play defense real well, and they didn't have any big men they could rely on to contribute every night...

Now they've got a lot of big men that can play, no point guard, and one consistent scoring threat... They can get after it defensively and really cause problems for some teams, but they're just too one-dimensional offensively... This team would be so much better if Damion James ever played with intensity, but he doesn't... And that's been a problem that has plagued him all the way back to high school...
05 and two years ago they should've made a better run at the final four.. there's no question in my mind on those.

Texas should have a pretty good shot at the Final Four within the next couple of years. With all that talent coming in, they should be reloaded pretty quickly.It all depends on how long Bradley and Hamilton stay, though...

son Earl is out there taking way too many jumpers for my liking. he should be out there attacking the basket more

Is the '09 class the last class that players will be able to leave after their freshman year in college?

COLUMBIA, Mo. -- Missouri forward Leo Lyons has been suspended indefinitely following his arrest on traffic charges and for failing to pay a traffic fine from 2006.

Missouri spokesman Dave Reiter says Lyons was arrested Sunday night in Columbia for driving without the vehicle's lights on and failing to display proof of insurance. Police then learned there was a warrant for Lyons for an unpaid fine for making an illegal turn in 2006.

Coach Mike Anderson has not determined how long Lyons will be suspended. The Tigers are 13-3 but 0-1 in Big 12 play after a loss at Nebraska on Saturday, and host Colorado on Wednesday.

Lyons is second on the team with 14.6 points per game, and is second in rebounding, averaging 6.2 per game.

It was looking like this team was gonna make it through a season without any of this business
smh.gif

He'll probably be back before they have any crucial games (mainly the Kansas games)...

Originally Posted by zs05wc

Did Teague play @ Purdue or am I thinking of someone else?
That's somebody from the Carl Landry days at Purdue , everybody in this thread is talking about the current guard at Wake Forest
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

smh.gif
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

Originally Posted by NotoriousLAR

Wasnt sold on T-Will before this game, but he is showin me big things in this game.
I got room on the T-Will/EC bandwagon....

200803272328845268968-pf.h2.jpg

Been on the Williams bandwagon for a couple of years now, but he really let me down last year. Thought he was going to be Big East POY last year but as seenwith my Damion James Big XII POY prediction for this year, I am stupid.

Originally Posted by JoeClear

Originally Posted by zs05wc

Did Teague play @ Purdue or am I thinking of someone else?
That's somebody from the Carl Landry days at Purdue , everybody in this thread is talking about the current guard at Wake Forest
laugh.gif
Yea I thought that he might have transferred cuz it seems like he was just there last year.

Back
Top Bottom