The College Basketball Post

I would say Cinci seems to be in that 10 spot right now. They could be 8 or 9 and get a bid. But I just don't know who in that first 9 falls. It's mostlikely just going to be a mess until the last week.

Dre, lets hope K is as stubborn as Jimmy and goes man mostly. Monroe vs Zoubek at the top.
nerd.gif
48% from the field, 42% from 3 land....keept shooting Jodie.
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

I've become more of a Pat fan this year...if only yall had a PG.

Originally Posted by dreClark

So, them G-Town boys were looking good out there today, eh?
they must have...i was pissed cuz i was looking forward to this game, haven't gotten a chance to see a full Georgetown game this season, andthought i was gonna be able to watch this one...but, well...i don't even wanna talk about it.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

yeah, allen...Pat's doing his thing. i'm just scared him and Jodie may bounce after this year, which is gonna suck, cuz next year, BG's 3rdseason, is supposed to be "the year."

as far as the PG spot, i owe Porter somewhat of an apology, he's really been playing well lately. Liggins played good tonight, but had some carelessturnovers...but, he's a typical freshman pg...

does things that make you ...
eek.gif
pimp.gif

then he does things that make you...
mad.gif
smh.gif
eyes.gif
tired.gif

ohwell.gif

we need to beat Louisville, we do that, we'll crack the top 20.

Pat's doing his thing. i'm just scared him and Jodie may bounce after this year, which is gonna suck, cuz next year, BG's 3rd season, is supposed to be "the year."
know the feeling
ohwell.gif

but it's only a good thing. Programs improve, talent comes in, talent gets better. It's a cycle and it'll come into place for a run. He's toogood of a coach for it not to.

I know nothing, but from the outside I'd just expect Pat to leave and Meeks to stay.

Originally Posted by allen3xis

Pat's doing his thing. i'm just scared him and Jodie may bounce after this year, which is gonna suck, cuz next year, BG's 3rd season, is supposed to be "the year."
know the feeling
ohwell.gif

but it's only a good thing. Programs improve, talent comes in, talent gets better. It's a cycle and it'll come into place for a run. He's too good of a coach for it not to.

I know nothing, but from the outside I'd just expect Pat to leave and Meeks to stay.

Jodie may get that itch to leave, especially with this upcoming draft being so week. If he can sustain this efficiency for the rest of the year I don'tsee why he wouldn't be a 1st round draft pick.

that's exactly right Kerlew...name me 3 two-guards in the country playing better. i don't think you can do it. Jodie reminds me of Dwayne Wade. and by that, i just mean that they have similar games.

but at the same time, i honestly believe him and Pat (esp. Pat) will stay. we're not gonna be anything more than a first-weekend tourney team, maybe onemore game based on a match-up in our favor. these two just strike me as proud guys and don't wanna go out like that. Pat's said he staying 4 years ora National Title...and momma Patterson said he's got to stay 4 years...both kid's parents are well involved in the program and at all the games and allthat.

and Pat's a generous 6'8"...i really don't see him being more than a decent player in the league, at this point.

but that's all talk...and money talks louder...so i won't hold my breath.

but i can honestly say, this team is fun to watch...most fun since Hayes, Buike, Rondo, Sparks...

I'll have to see him do some more than score--I think the Carolina, WVU and Miami games kinda lead me to believe he might fall back to earth against bettercomp.

I thought Pat was almost out the door last year? Or No?

I'll have to see him do some more than score--I think the Carolina, WVU and Miami games kinda lead me to believe he might fall back to earth against better comp.
understandable...but even so, this year's crop of shooting guards is...
grin.gif

but nah, Pat said late in the season, before he broke his foot, that he wasn't going anywhere.

Originally Posted by wildKYcat

we're not gonna be anything more than a first-weekend tourney team, maybe one more game based on a match-up in our favor.
...with an SEC Championship. I still stand by my call earlier in this thread that Kentucky would win the SEC.

As far as Uconn goes--they still scare the !+%@ out of me just because of how big and physically imposing they are.
this is what i like about how calhoun builds a team. the frountcourt is always huge and there is always a bruising defensive minded big, holdingdown the paint.

easily my 2nd favourite program and the way the teams are built is a big reason.

I can't wait to see how Michigan opens up conference play against wisconsin Wed. Harris and Sims are killing it right now, I just hope they can carry itover into Big10 play.

Dre, lets hope K is as stubborn as Jimmy and goes man mostly. Monroe vs Zoubek at the top.
nerd.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I'm thinking Plumlee is gonna get more burn that game.

Maybe even OC. I dunno.

But, as always, just give me 10-12 good minutes Z
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

And it's official: Stephan Curry can bang on a 10 ft rim. He just caught a lil birdie dunk on a fast break. Just barely got it over the cylinder but he got it down and even managed to yank on the rim a little
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

vid?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by tmay407

we're not gonna be anything more than a first-weekend tourney team, maybe one more game based on a match-up in our favor.
...with an SEC Championship. I still stand by my call earlier in this thread that Kentucky would win the SEC.

that's not saying much, this season...but i thought you picked LSU? or was that to win the West?

Already there are rumors that Arizona is going to make a strong bid to hire away Gophers basketball coach Tubby Smith. But Smith seems very happy here, and with an equally outstanding recruiting class for 2009-10, the future should be bright. The four recruits -- Royce White of Hopkins, Rodney Williams of Cooper, former Henry Sibley star Trevor Mbakwe, and Justin Cobbs of Bishop Montgomery High School in Torrance, Calif. -- may be the best in the Big Ten. I don't believe this area has sent three better players to the Gophers than White, Williams and Mbakwe, who were all nationally recruited.

don't go Tubby.

LSU going after Roscoe Smith hard. Can't imagine that happening.

It was Georgetown freshman Greg Monroe who wowed the 40-plus NBA executives in attendance - and not Thabeet.

"They basically switched spots in the NBA Draft after tonight," one NBA scout said. "There's no way Thabeet is a top-10 pick right now whileI'm sure there are 20 teams who would take Monroe in the lottery."

[h2]What You Need To Know[/h2]
Georgetown upset UConn.

Manny Harris went bananas.

Here's Tuesday morning's What You Need To Know:

Notable game from Monday: DaJuan Summers and Greg Monroe combined for 34 points to lead 11th-ranked Georgetown to a 74-63 victory at No. 2 Connecticut that left Jim Calhoun shocked. "I'm in a state of shock; I really am," Calhoun told reporters afterward. "To have a home game in the conference opener against a rival like Georgetown and not be excited -- there was no reason not to be excited. I don't know what team I was coaching tonight." UConn's loss means there are just nine undefeated teams left in the country, among them Georgetown's next opponent: No. 3 Pittsburgh.

Notable performance from Monday: Manny Harris was his usual splendid self, getting 29 points, 16 rebounds and seven assists in No. 23 Michigan's 77-57 victory over North Carolina Central. The sophomore guard was 13-of-16 from the free throw line, and he's now scored in double-digits in 11 of 12 outings this season.

Notable game scheduled for Tuesday: Willie Warren and Blake Griffin are on the road, and fourth-ranked Oklahoma will try to stay undefeated when it visits Arkansas. The Sooners are 12-0 overall, 1-0 in true road games. Arkansas is 9-1 with its lone loss coming at Missouri State. Tip-off is set for 8:05 pm ET.

LSU going after Roscoe Smith hard. Can't imagine that happening.

It was Georgetown freshman Greg Monroe who wowed the 40-plus NBA executives in attendance - and not Thabeet.

"They basically switched spots in the NBA Draft after tonight," one NBA scout said. "There's no way Thabeet is a top-10 pick right now while I'm sure there are 20 teams who would take Monroe in the lottery."
pimp.gif

keep droping to where ever the bulls pick at

You have to take @*#@ like that with a grain of salt...Thabeet is going top 10 this year by default

Notable performance from Monday: Manny Harris was his usual splendid self, getting 29 points, 16 rebounds and seven assists in No. 23 Michigan's 77-57 victory over North Carolina Central. The sophomore guard was 13-of-16 from the free throw line, and he's now scored in double-digits in 11 of 12 outings this season.
pimp.gif
@ the fact that we put up 57

laugh.gif
@ that the fact that UM let us score 57.

[h2]Notable performance from Monday: Manny Harris was his usual splendid self, getting 29 points, 16 rebounds and seven assists in No. 23 Michigan's 77-57 victory over North Carolina Central. The sophomore guard was 13-of-16 from the free throw line, and he's now scored in double-digits in 11 of 12 outings this season.[/h2]

I mean we all knew he could score but damn 16 boards??? and 7 dimes???
smh.gif
pimp.gif

that's not saying much, this season...but i thought you picked LSU? or was that to win the West?
Nah, I picked Kentucky. I might have picked LSU to win the West, but I don't really remember.

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

[h2]Notable performance from Monday: Manny Harris was his usual splendid self, getting 29 points, 16 rebounds and seven assists in No. 23 Michigan's 77-57 victory over North Carolina Central. The sophomore guard was 13-of-16 from the free throw line, and he's now scored in double-digits in 11 of 12 outings this season.[/h2]

I mean we all knew he could score but damn 16 boards??? and 7 dimes???
smh.gif
pimp.gif
I mean, You a bum on the court, and I'm sure you could put up 10,5,3 against Central.

So why are you surprised about Manny's exploits?

Monroe played great but to me it is all bout consistency with him. He can be great when he wants to but it is to off and on with dude.

Originally Posted by worldbeefreeg

Monroe played great but to me it is all bout consistency with him. He can be great when he wants to but it is to off and on with dude.
i haven't got to see much of Monroe, but that's the same impression i get with Samuels. but both these dudes have played, what 10-12games? so...

Back
Top Bottom