The College Basketball Post

Word, how the F is it 9-10 with 9 min elapsed?
laugh.gif

As far as Uconn goes--they still scare the !+%@ out of me just because of how big and physically imposing they are. But the make up of that team just still appears off. Thabeet has never done anything against G'Town. So I don't look into that much. Somebody, (Dyson) has to step up on the wing.

How do Thabeet and Adrien combine for only 12 shots?

Calhoun shoulda made sure he force feed them. Particullary Adrien in the 2nd half.
If Dyson doesn't miss so many bunnies and Adrien continues to attack in the 2nd half then game is closer than it turned out to be.

As I said during preseason, you play zone against UConn then you have a really good chance of winning. They still haven't figured out how to attack thezone and the outside shooting is questionable.

Here's hoping Cincy takes care of business. I think they beat Memphis.

I would just live and die with Willie Kemp. Just make a decision and stick with it.

Corey Fisher musta went off 2nd half? And the Spanish kid for Temple mad his debut or no?

thanks craftsy, this one feels good.

The boy Olmos from Temple is nice. I saw him in Center City a couple weeks ago, and he is a legit 7 feet. He has a nice little game, and if he can become moreaggressive I see him going back to Spain and being a solid player over there.

As for Nova, +$*% them.

I swear to Goodness that Jeff Adrien has been at UConn since the days of Doron Sheffer....that bamma is immortal.

Originally Posted by allen3xis

I would just live and die with Willie Kemp. Just make a decision and stick with it.

Corey Fisher musta went off 2nd half? And the Spanish kid for Temple mad his debut or no?

thanks craftsy, this one feels good.

The Argentine Fernandes didnt play...unless he got in with a min left when i turned it off

Fisher was killin

Originally Posted by allen3xis

And the Spanish kid for Temple mad his debut or no?
Ahh, you meant Argentinian. And no, Fernandes did not play, but the Pepe Sanchez pipeline continues...

Allen you guys showed out. I didn't really believe you when you said this team was special and could do damage. But you were right.
JT3 is a great coach and Monroe was a force. Freeman and Wright need to keep playing well, and you guys will definitly compete

Something isn't right with Uconn. They just can't put it together with that team. Something is a bit off, but you know Calhoun will get that fixed.

That was big to catch Uconn in the beginning of conference play becuase once they start clicking...
eek.gif

Robinson, Thabeet, Adrien really haven't gotten going. There all kind of no shows

Solid win and the Big East is still yours.

Monroe is a stud. Like somebody else said, he was playing like a top 3 prospect. Great win for G'Town, but their depth is suspect at best. I think thatcould be a big problem once the Big East schedule gets in full swing and down the homestretch. They looked good, but the Huskies looked off, so take that howyou want. I still think Pitt is the strongest team in the conference, but G'Town proved they at least belong in the conversation. Looking forward toSaturday.

As far as UConn, they've got ZERO:
702329-603949-games_cover-resized200.jpg

You can't let a team come into your house and go up 15-1 on you. They looked extremely flat for most of the game. I have serious doubts that they're aFinal 4 caliber squad.

Charleston hanging with Davidson.

I remember in the 90's when the College of Charleston was the premier mid-major squad in the nation before Gonzaga/Davidson/Butler got going in the2000's.

Depth is a huge concern.

The team misses a guy like Jr more than Hibbert or Wallace.

But as long as foul trouble doesn't come up big and good health remains. III worked a 6 and a half man rotation to a shot away from the Elite 8, so wecould be ok.

Great first step, but In the end, idk where we finish....

I do also give the nod to Pitt in the long run.

It's going to be a crazy year. I fully expect Louisville and Uconn to be around when it matters.

Cinci desperately needs another guard who can score other than Vaughn.

I remember in the 90's when the College of Charleston was the premier mid-major squad in the nation before Gonzaga/Davidson/Butler got going in the 2000's.
I remember that well also... i would like to see them on the way back up, i think they have a solid squad this season.. they're like 10-1right now - i could see them stealing the auto bid from Davidson in SC. But they're still a solid mid-major program, consistently in the top 200 ofRPI's, occasionally dropping down closer to 100. A great team to schedule in terms of your own RPI, if you're a BCS team looking for solid OOCopponents. I believe they only have 1 senior seeing significant minutes this year too, so they could be on the rise again.
pimp.gif

And it's official: Stephan Curry can bang on a 10 ft rim. He just caught a lil birdie dunk on a fast break. Just barely got it over the cylinder but hegot it down and even managed to yank on the rim a little
laugh.gif

Guard play is
sick.gif
. Yancey should be getting touches all night. This will be our achillies heel all season because Deonta running the point severely takes awayfrom his game.

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

I remember in the 90's when the College of Charleston was the premier mid-major squad in the nation before Gonzaga/Davidson/Butler got going in the 2000's.
Beasley was about to try to re-create the success there before his AAU coach bounced to K-State.

Sorry UC fans, I think we can safely say this is not team a player in the BE. I Ouside of SF, SJU, SH, Depaul, and Providence, I don't see another teamthat I can really say you could hang with. Maybe Marquette but I doubt it. Vaughn nice, no doubt, but I do not see much talent around him. That program isstarting to get back to face though.

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Meeks should be putting up #'s as many shots as he takes
laugh.gif
48% from the field, 42% from 3 land....keept shooting Jodie.
pimp.gif

23 tonight.

Pat's shooting 72%....had 15 tonight.

and no allen, we don't play everynight
laugh.gif
, just the last two weeks weplayed Saturday/monday. don't play again til Sunday now (vs. Louisville.)

I thought Beasley was gonna go to UNC Charlotte before he went to K-State.

I remember College of Charleston back in the day, I still lived in South Carolina then.

At a loss for words after the game tonight, We got outplayed, and easily out-coached, Calhoun was a straight up bone-head at times, and the Huskies showed noheart in the second half besides one player. This isnt the end of the season, but certainly adds GTown to the list of Big East title contenders

Originally Posted by worldbeefreeg

Beasley was about to try to re-create the success there before his AAU coach bounced to K-State.

Sorry UC fans, I think we can safely say this is not team a player in the BE. I Ouside of SF, SJU, SH, Depaul, and Providence, I don't see another team that I can really say you could hang with. Maybe Marquette but I doubt it. Vaughn nice, no doubt, but I do not see much talent around him. That program is starting to get back to face though.

Chill! We had a off night. Lets wait til BE play begins.

Guard play is
sick.gif
. Yancey should be getting touches all night. This will be our achillies heel all season because Deonta running the point severely takes away from his game.
I know. Doesn't it always seem UC is one player away all the time? Even when we had Steve Logan we were missing that extra guy (KennySatterfield maybe). We need someone who can take over games.

Originally Posted by worldbeefreeg

I remember in the 90's when the College of Charleston was the premier mid-major squad in the nation before Gonzaga/Davidson/Butler got going in the
2000's.

Sorry UC fans, I think we can safely say this is not team a player in the BE. I Ouside of SF, SJU, SH, Depaul, and Providence, I don't see another team that I can really say you could hang with. Maybe Marquette but I doubt it. Vaughn nice, no doubt, but I do not see much talent around him. That program is starting to get back to face though.

I never thought that we had a chance to win the league, but we definitely can be a middle of the pack team. We looked horrible tonight and I was even surprisedbecause I simply didn't think Memphis was that good. We'll finish in the top 9 in the BE though.

Back
Top Bottom