The College Basketball Post

For the 2014 WNBA season, the 33-year-old made just under the league maximum of $107,000. But she makes 15 times that -- approximately $1.5 million -- playing overseas. Now she'll make even more, as UMMC is essentially compensating Taurasi her WNBA salary and then some, to not play in the WNBA at all.

Yeesh

Last edited:
Does anyone know, how is there so much money overseas for these women? Is the demand for their sport that massive? Or is it just a few rich owners who just want to spend money and know they can't get U.S. men.

WNBA is somewhat popular in the U.S., and several NBA billionaires own the teams - yet the mega stars are making 100 grand here.
But overseas they are making almost 20 times that. Always wondered where this money is coming from.

For those that follow recruiting what's the story behind Marcus Lovett? Seems weird for a highly rated guy available and playing AAU his Sr year.

Lyles will be at 4 in the league right? I have no recollection of him doing anything in the paint except catching a lob. Going to Kentucky masks a lot of **** for these high school stars. 
Then you didn't watch kentucky. His skill and footwork on the block is a big part of what makes him so attractive.
saw about 4 maybe 5 entire UK games. he was unimpressive in each one. can catch a lob with the best of em though....

may be wrong

Originally Posted by quise2024  
Originally Posted by hometownhero  
Kinda almost nearly looking forward to see if UCONN gets challenged tonight. 
I'm saying.
laugh.gif
enjoy watching some of the super star women that UCONN has had.....what can I say

after reading through the thread, it kinda seems like a few others watched the game too. or were yall saying UCONN wouldn't be challenged? 

I see DraftExpress (- minus international guys- might be the first time they're ahead of the curve) has come on board the Skal train. Scary talented.

Last edited:
Does anyone know, how is there so much money overseas for these women? Is the demand for their sport that massive? Or is it just a few rich owners who just want to spend money and know they can't get U.S. men.

WNBA is somewhat popular in the U.S., and several NBA billionaires own the teams - yet the mega stars are making 100 grand here.
But overseas they are making almost 20 times that. Always wondered where this money is coming from.
Rich owners , the dudes in Russia are serious about their womens teams ...China is starting to put up the bread for basketball too ( men n women )

I see DraftExpress (- minus international guys- might be the first time they're ahead of the curve) has come on board the Skal train. Scary talented.
Skal, Brown, Simmons and Rabb are probably the only guys that can potentially be good NBA players in this class?

What's UK's projected lineup for next year assuming they lose the 7 guys expected to leave?

C - Labissiere

PF - Lee

SF - Poythress

SG - Briscoe

PG - Ullis

?

I personally like Henry Ellenson a lot. I think he'll be one of the best 3 or 4 FR in the country. Better than Rabb IMO.

Brandon Ingram is better than most guys, too.

oh and he ""

He's the only top guy I haven't seen at all. Can't wait for hoop summit.

I really hope he isn't one of these Isiah Austin/Myles Turner/Stephen Zimmerman soft shooters who can't shooter.

What's UK's projected lineup for next year assuming they lose the 7 guys expected to leave?

C - Labissiere
PF - Lee
SF - Poythress
SG - Briscoe
PG - Ullis

?

EDIT - NEVERMIND, twins just declared.

Dakari and Booker 50/50 right now from everything I'm reading.

Last edited:
Okay I just watched the Skal clips from the drills. :x

moves like guard, just an incredibly natural shooter, thicker frame than I thought.

One of the smoothest jumpers I've seen from anyone this class, let alone from a dude who is 7 feet tall. :x :pimp:

uhm

Last edited:
Okay I just watched the Skal clips from the drills.
sick.gif

moves like guard, just an incredibly natural shooter, thicker frame than I thought.

One of the smoothest jumpers I've seen from anyone this class, let alone from a dude who is 7 feet tall.
sick.gif
pimp.gif

uhm
Best prospect in the class over Simmons, Brown and Rabb?

Grayson allen "officially" announces that he'll be back. Feel strange even writing that as no one should have assumed he was entering the nba draft.

A lot of these kids are falling into the draft hype like every year. Wait until the tournament dies down and these Scouts dissect these players. a few top 10 players going to fall to late 20s and some of the late 1st- 2nd round going to fall further. btw Grayson Allen needs to stay in school as well as Jones.

Losing the Harrison twins is an addition by subtraction IMO, I'd rather have ulis and booker/briscoe in my starting 5 anyday.

Back
Top Bottom