The College Basketball Post

You cant blame Geno for having players for 4 years, where the hell are they gonna go? The WNBA? What a joke. Thats the last thing any of the females really wanna do at this point in their lives. Get that education and do something no one else has.

Breanna Stewart is gonna have her 4th consecutive National Championship next year, how many can say they've done that.

So while those players are at UConn for a full 4 years he cant constantly bring a bunch of the best players maybe only a few every year, while those others are now heading to places like Notre Dame, Tennessee, Stanford (top dogs) .. and the emerging ones of UK, Louisville, Maryland, etc ... they still dont compare but u cant hate the man for what he's done.

It wasnt always great for him, those first few years were a struggle. And how can you blame anyone for not wanting to go to the best program in the nation. The only chance anyone has is to use a receuiting pitch saying do u wanna play for the best program in the nation or do you wanna be the team that beats the best program in the nation (and its not happening)

Mcadoo esque
lol wut?

i hope he leaves **** i dont wanna look at him

You cant blame Geno for having players for 4 years, where the hell are they gonna go? The WNBA? What a joke. Thats the last thing any of the females really wanna do at this point in their lives. Get that education and do something no one else has.

Breanna Stewart is gonna have her 4th consecutive National Championship next year, how many can say they've done that.

So while those players are at UConn for a full 4 years he cant constantly bring a bunch of the best players maybe only a few every year, while those others are now heading to places like Notre Dame, Tennessee, Stanford (top dogs) .. and the emerging ones of UK, Louisville, Maryland, etc ... they still dont compare but u cant hate the man for what he's done.

It wasnt always great for him, those first few years were a struggle. And how can you blame anyone for not wanting to go to the best program in the nation. The only chance anyone has is to use a receuiting pitch saying do u wanna play for the best program in the nation or do you wanna be the team that beats the best program in the nation (and its not happening)

I was reading that Diana Taurasi skipped out on the WNBA season this year to stay in Russia. The money is too good overseas for the women.

I don't see the women's college b-ball landscape changing much. I just don't know how they'll ever have competitive balance.

For as many complaints as there are about the men's game, there are still so many compelling storylines when the tourney rolls around. I mean, ****...we had Butler in back-to-back National Championship games, and they were thisssss close to taking a title.

Last edited:
He's clearly a great coach. With the landscap of women's CBB it's just not that impressive to me.

He's clearly a great coach. With the landscap of women's CBB it's just not that impressive to me.

I think this is where i stand as well.

10 championships is an amazing feat....however, it's kinda like a harlem globetrotters/washington generals deal.

A womens All-American center from U of Minnesota is leaving TWO years early for the WNBA.

She's from Sweden and 22 years old, but still interesting.

For those arguing DX v. NBADraft.net...

Take it FWIW, when I worked in the media...everyone...EVERYONE knew DX was way way way better. NBADraft.net is awful.

Ok now im not saying it doesnt happen, I'm just saying for a Geno team why would you want to leave early? If im in their position im definitely staying.

Overseas definitely pays women a lot more than the WNBA. Maybe last year or 2 years ago Griner signed with that Chinese team and basically played a WNBA season then went over there and played. I believe they paid her crazy more what she made in the WNBA

found it, this article is from last year, and in China she was paid 12x more than she got in the WNBA

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/dish/201404/brittney-griner-made-12-times-more-playing-china-us

"One month after that, Griner arrived in China to begin a four-month stint in the Women's Chinese Basketball Association (WCBA). It was a grind, of course, but one that was a financial no-brainer. While the Mercury could only pay Griner $49,440 in 2013, the WCBA's Zhejiang Golden Bulls signed her for approximately $600,000, according to ESPN The Magazine. Even with a $1 million endorsement contract from Nike, that type of money is hard to turn down. That's roughly six times more than the maximum salary in the WNBA.

By comparison, consider Anthony Bennett, the No. 1 overall pick of the 2013 NBA draft, whose salary this season with the Cavaliers is $5.32 million. If he could have signed with a foreign team at the same rate, his salary would be $63.84 million. "

Last edited:
isnt prince back in the WNBA though?

nvm just read that she plays during the overseas off-season

[quote name="JJs07"]I was reading that Diana Taurasi skipped out on the WNBA season this year to stay in Russia. The money is too good overseas for the women.[/quote]She did. Sent out a fan letter that explained she's not retiring from the WNBA, but that the offer she got to play overseas would be irresponsible to turn down. I'm a huge Taurasi fan, and I completely understand. I hate not being able to see her play for the Mercury, but totally agree with what she said when you get an offer that FAR surpasses your current salary, it would be completely irresponsible to turn down.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom