The College Basketball Post

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by JamesOnNT

Dre, on everything, you don't post on boxden?
No.

Why?

Someone you know must then.

Dude on there has been hyping that Lakeem kid for a while.

And then there's the duke love, living in NC, you work for a newspaper by any chance?
nerd.gif

lol, Hell nah I don't work for a newspaper. I work at IBM.

But been hooping with/knowing 'Keem since I was in HS playing ball at Camp Greene.

And shut up Kerlew.

i thought u was black dre?
nerd.gif

Anybody that thought St. John's was going to win today clearly hasn't watched them enough. This is a team that got blown out by a bad Boston Collegewith Justin Burrell and Mason playing, what makes you think they would win against a decent Va Tech team without those 2?

The only reason the score was so close was because Va Tech came out lackadaisically and Vassallo was playing like crap.

Pittsburgh is gonna go in there this year and really going to beat the crap out of us. Not looking forward to that beating.

Sad thing is this was probably the last winnable game for the next month. If we don't beat Providence on New Years Eve, God have mercy.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Dre, on everything, you don't post on boxden?
No.

Why?

Someone you know must then.

Dude on there has been hyping that Lakeem kid for a while.

And then there's the duke love, living in NC, you work for a newspaper by any chance?
nerd.gif

lol, Hell nah I don't work for a newspaper. I work at IBM.

But been hooping with/knowing 'Keem since I was in HS playing ball at Camp Greene.

And shut up Kerlew.

i thought u was black dre?
nerd.gif
roll.gif

I think he is
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Anybody that thought St. John's was going to win today clearly hasn't watched them enough. This is a team that got blown out by a bad Boston College with Justin Burrell and Mason playing, what makes you think they would win against a decent Va Tech team without those 2?

The only reason the score was so close was because Va Tech came out lackadaisically and Vassallo was playing like crap.

Pittsburgh is gonna go in there this year and really going to beat the crap out of us. Not looking forward to that beating.

Sad thing is this was probably the last winnable game for the next month. If we don't beat Providence on New Years Eve, God have mercy.
Lol, you act like we had a choice. Numerous games this season have not been televised in the NYC area.

They played well in the first half against Tech so why wouldn't one think they didnt have a chance to win?

You're a real optimistic dude
eyes.gif

laugh.gif
I may not be as optimistic as some, but I've seen this team plenty, I know what they're capable of, especially their inability to maintain a leadand adjust. When your 5 foot 9 pointguard is playing the whole game with a sprained wrist and continues to play poorly because he's winded, something iswrong.

I'm just tired of watching this team play well for 20 minutes and then fall apart, it happens all the time. As soon as they're down by 7, thegame's over because there isn't a proven scorer that can put this team on his back.

What I was saying today was...yall at least looked like you knew how to play basketball, how to attack a zone. The offense actually had a little flow to it.

With that roster Norm put out there today, they shouldn't have been within 30.

FSU had plenty of chances.

Originally Posted by jville819

I'm glad that the Pitt game is at home because we have been really poor on the road. The team always seems to play better at home and we play up to better opponents. Hopefully we can keep it close
Had our chances
ohwell.gif
. We need another scorer to step upbesides TD in these big games

Originally Posted by allen3xis

What I was saying today was...yall at least looked like you knew how to play basketball, how to attack a zone. The offense actually had a little flow to it.

With that roster Norm put out there today, they shouldn't have been within 30.

FSU had plenty of chances.
Yea there is def. an improvement from last year. And I'll give Norm some credit, he has done better job coaching (still bad) but withoutBurrell and Mase, we're going to be in for a long year. Justin should be back anywhere from Saturday to a month from now. The biggest weakness to thisteam, besides the lack of a prolific scorer, is a back up point guard. When your 5'9 point guard is playing 40 minutes a game, you're in a lot oftrouble.

And it's a damn shame Derwin Kitchen couldn't qualify for FSU. He has some real talent.

And it's a damn shame Derwin Kitchen couldn't qualify for FSU. He has some real talent.
Kitchen is playing. He got his first playing time a few games ago. Leonard just doesn't think he is ready and is trying to bring him alongslowly cause of all the missed games.

I wish LH would play him a lot more tho. Outside of Toney he is our best slasher and knows how to get buckets. Dude was a monster in HS

Oh shoot that's great to hear. SO he only had to sit out the first half of the season? He'll help you guys down the stretch.

Yea and I feel like a tool having like the last 4 posts in here, but St. John's is a serious option for Lance. It's really between us and Kansas, and Ithink we're gonna land him.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Yea and I feel like a tool having like the last 4 posts in here, but St. John's is a serious option for Lance. It's really between us and Kansas, and I think we're gonna land him.
I agree.

I still would think if Self wants him enough tho, he could still pull him out there. But Norm seems to be doing everything he can.

Originally Posted by jville819

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

Doesn't it seem like FSU is always upsetting someone on these sunday night FSN games?
FSU - Duke, 2002.
mad.gif
Was that when y'all were #1 and we stood no chance

Sure was. Think the score was 75-73 or something around those numbers. I was in San Diego at the time staying at the Olympic Training Center and damn nearlost my mind at the Hooters downtown
laugh.gif

Well....the meat of our non-con schedule is coming up over the next couple weeks. We've lost 2 games that were absolutely our fault...aka...we should havewon them both (especially the UMASS game). We'll find out if we've improved any over the next couple weeks. I'll be happy with 3 out of 5, but 5out of 5 would be outstanding!

[table][tr][td]Dec. 23[/td] [td]Arizona[/td] [td]Tucson, Ariz.[/td] [td]9:30 p.m. (FSN) [/td] [/tr][tr][td]Dec. 30[/td] [td]Albany[/td] [td]Lawrence[/td] [td]8 p.m. (ESPNU) [/td] [/tr][tr][td]Jan. 3[/td] [td]Tennessee[/td] [td]Lawrence[/td] [td]1 p.m. (ESPN) [/td] [/tr][tr][td]Jan. 6[/td] [td]Siena[/td] [td]Lawrence[/td] [td]7 p.m. (Jayhawk TV) [/td] [/tr][tr][td]Jan. 10[/td] [td]Michigan State[/td] [td]East Lansing, Mich.[/td] [td]Noon (CBS)[/td] [/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by allen3xis

I think 5/5 would be a miracle.

Ohio people..

Adreian Payne...is he leaning to any school?

OSU to complete that recruiting class with the boys on his AAU squad Sibert and Sullinger. I would be surprised to see him leave this area even if hedidn't go to OSU. I think he has a grandmother raising him that he's trying to stay close to. UC, UK, UD, and pretty much all of the schools in the bigschools in this area are on him hard too.

Back
Top Bottom