The College Basketball Post

“If everybody was responsible off the court, we’d probably have more of the same starting lineups every time,” Self said. “And I don’t mean (players are) doing anything bad, but we got to tighten some things up. I see a lot of slippage on the court, and I think there’s a correlation to being responsible off the court, too.

“I’d like to see us settle in on a starting five, but I have a hard time starting guys that are late to tutoring or whatever. … I can’t do it. That’s kind of where that is right now. If I let it go now, I know it’s going to be something that will haunt us later.”

Somethings up in Kansas.
nerd.gif
First thing that popped into my head was underage players getting in trouble at The Hawk (local bar)...but that would've made newspaper headlines.

Who knows. "Late to tutoring" sounds right. I don't think its bad grades. Most basketball players take easy classes (legit but easy...)

“If everybody was responsible off the court, we’d probably have more of the same starting lineups every time,” Self said. “And I don’t mean (players are) doing anything bad, but we got to tighten some things up. I see a lot of slippage on the court, and I think there’s a correlation to being responsible off the court, too.

“I’d like to see us settle in on a starting five, but I have a hard time starting guys that are late to tutoring or whatever. … I can’t do it. That’s kind of where that is right now. If I let it go now, I know it’s going to be something that will haunt us later.”

Somethings up in Kansas. :nerd:
First thing that popped into my head was underage players getting in trouble at The Hawk (local bar)...but that would've made newspaper headlines.

Who knows. "Late to tutoring" sounds right. I don't think its bad grades. Most basketball players take easy classes (legit but easy...)
I believe it. Norm used to get tight when kids would be late to that stuff at St. John's. Makes sense that he picked that up from Self.

I feel like people are missing the boat on Chris McCullough. Physically he has the profile of a lotto pick and is producing. I don't know why these sites have him at 6'8 or whatever. I'd bet he's a legit 6'10. And I don't compliment Syracuse players often.

Arkansas winning a legitimate road game. Portis :smokin. SMU stinks.

Last edited:
I feel like people are missing the boat on Chris McCullough. Physically he has the profile of a lotto pick and is producing. I don't know why these sites have him at 6'8 or whatever. I'd bet he's a legit 6'10. And I don't compliment Syracuse players often.

Arkansas winning a legitimate road game. Portis :smokin. SMU stinks.

Hes a beast, was even better in person when I saw him Friday..,...just too bad this year we have diddly on the perimiter and he aint staying for two years which sucks

Why would TJ Go nut like that.

foster cooking his *** and he wanna dominate the ball after a stop my god

#next

Last edited:
I don't know why UM and Beilein were so intent on advancing the ball so far with the pass. Nova was giving space.

Awesome finish

Yea, Nova wasn't even pressuring. Lack of interior depth/talent is going to hurt. Can't think of a coach who's offensive sets I enjoy watching more than Beilein's.

Yea, Nova wasn't even pressuring. Lack of interior depth/talent is going to hurt. Can't think of a coach who's offensive sets I enjoy watching more than Beilein's.

Seriously. Belien is the most best offensive coach in college basketball, he's NBA caliber.

Caris Levert is really really good, a great pick and roll player in this system, they have ZERO good big men, if they had anyone who could finish on the roll they would serious.

Xavier Rathan-Mayes 26 points on 9 shots. :smokin

Last edited:
All of our bigs are young except for Beilfeldt who isn't really all that big. That was a good learning experience for a young team.

I feel like this a very Beilien thing to say but he's right because I'm putting off getting ready for work because I stayed up to watch it.
John Beilein ‏@JohnBeilein 2h2 hours ago
Just landed in Ypsilanti , Michigan. It is 4:22 am. 30 minutes to get our guys to the dorm No college BB game should ever start after 9pm.

We should make a deep run this year

Stop it.

I'm more and more intrigued by Kentucky's platoon system, especially how well balanced it is. When your 2nd and 3rd leading scorers (one of them being Dakari :lol:) are part of your 2nd squad that says something.

Will be interested to see how reliant it is in SEC play game to game.

Last edited:
Watching this Arizon tape.

Stanley Johns is gigantic human being, he looks twice the size of every other perimeter player and somehow is just as fast. :lol:

I have some questions about his feel for the game.

also Sean Miller needs to put him in the post more.

Back
Top Bottom