The College Basketball Post

Indiana :lol:

Let's see if they can avoid the upset

Memphis struggling with Prairie View A&M [emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji]

Last edited:
Indiana :lol:

Let's see if they can avoid the upset

Memphis struggling with Prairie View A&M [emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji]

Pastner :lol:. He's going to be unemployed soon enough.

Remember hearing that Trimble was the goods.

Coolness & FlaHustler : I expect Chris Walker to be very rusty coming out the first two months , but by February he should have some games like Montrezl Harrell. All we need from him is to average 11 points and do a decent job on the glass.
The guards didn't look for him of the pick and roll where he could catch and attack. The way he crashes the boards, he should get 4-8 points off tip ins and put backs. 

Interested to see what Walker does against Fat Josh and the Hoyas. 
One thing I have noticed about Chris Walker is that he doesn't give up on plays. He seems to be always get the ball back after a miss or a blocked shot and then immediately try to put something else up instead of finding an outside shooter or something. And the defense is
ohwell.gif

Now Montrezl, I remember he was considering Florida that same offseason that Finney-Smith transferred. Would've been nice to get him instead of Damontre Harris (who did jack **** as a Gator). But at least he's flourishing in Louisville.

On some brighter news, looks like Eli Carter and Finney-Smith will be traveling to the Bahamas. Gonna see how that goes.

Anybody that watches UNC tell me how Joel Berry's looking? Is he Paige's back up or further on down the depth chart? Has he got any decent minutes?

2 of Tennessee's staff resigned today,assistant coach Adam Howard and Special Assistant R.J. Rush....I think they about to drop the hammer on Donnie Tyndall...

Joel Berry is getting no run, not his time. Britt getting that burn Berry is suppose to get.

I don't understand what Self is trying to do with Oubre. Holding him back until he learns? Personally I think the best way for him to learn in his situation is to just throw him in the fire and let him play through his mistakes. Same with Alexander.

This comment is made from boxscore watching btw, so if there's more to it than that please inform me.

I don't understand what Self is trying to do with Oubre. Holding him back until he learns? Personally I think the best way for him to learn in his situation is to just throw him in the fire and let him play through his mistakes. Same with Alexander.

This comment is made from boxscore watching btw, so if there's more to it than that please inform me.

Bill Self gonna Bill Self....that's all there is to it.

Bill Self gonna Bill Self....that's all there is to it.
Oubre (IMO) has been the 4th best wing KU has had thus far this season. Selden, Svi, Greene have all looked better than him. The only stretch were Oubre looked good was the last 2-3 minutes of the 1st half of the UK game. He just doesn't seem to understand the flow to the offense yet...seems like he's only looking to get his.

Cliff has looked fantastic when he isn't facing the Monstars (UK) though.

Last edited:
Maryland's Melo Trimble with 31 in the win against Arizona State
pimp.gif
I peeped that as well.

Being a MD alum living in NC its hard to catch games without shelling out a bunch of extra money for crazy sports tv packages.  

I did catch that game last night and was VERY pleased with what I saw

And one of our big men wasn't even playing last night 

Probably a wrap for his recruitment if UK is going at him hard. 
laugh.gif
 Nova and UC had been on him for the longest. 

Not only game play but if you don't bring it in practice then you won't get burn either. Self puts a lot of his emphasis on practice and how important it is. If Self didn't have such a deep rotation at the wing he probably would just let Oubre 'figure' it out but I think the emergence of SVI so quickly has put a dent into Oubre's playing time.

I think he is going to be a guy that really comes on after Christmas break. I would love to see the bulk of our wing minutes go to Svi and Oubre.

“If everybody was responsible off the court, we’d probably have more of the same starting lineups every time,” Self said. “And I don’t mean (players are) doing anything bad, but we got to tighten some things up. I see a lot of slippage on the court, and I think there’s a correlation to being responsible off the court, too.

“I’d like to see us settle in on a starting five, but I have a hard time starting guys that are late to tutoring or whatever. … I can’t do it. That’s kind of where that is right now. If I let it go now, I know it’s going to be something that will haunt us later.”

Somethings up in Kansas. :nerd:

Back
Top Bottom