The College Basketball Post

I joke around about Mick a good deal , but I have more respect for his overall coaching than JT3. He's still young, however he has to do a smarter job recruiting . He will never get a bunch of McDonald's All Americans, but he can get more than 2 or 3 offensively skilled players on the roster at the same time.

Yea, he HAS to start recruiting some guys who can score, or a really good PG who can create for others. He narrowly missed out on Kemba and Trey Burke, and those wound up hurting him big time. I think that the roster this year will shoot the ball much better than in years past. Still worried about not having a guy who can just get a bucket when you need one with SK gone.

OSU and Cincy both goofed on Trey.
Nah, OSU goofed. Cincy had him ready to commit and he took a last minute visit to Michigan and fell in love with the school. Nothing that they could do about that. OSU had Sully and Witherspoon but passed on Trey. Matta's love for Craft I guess. 

Nah, OSU goofed. Cincy had him ready to commit and he took a last minute visit to Michigan and fell in love with the school. Nothing that they could do about that. OSU had Sully and Witherspoon but passed on Trey. Matta's love for Craft I guess. 

So you don't think Michigan coming in and scooping Trey isn't a goof on Mick's end? He clearly was complacent didn't do enough to solidify the value in Cincy.

That's a goof if I've ever seen one.

So you don't think Michigan coming in and scooping Trey isn't a goof on Mick's end? He clearly was complacent didn't do enough to solidify the value in Cincy.

That's a goof if I've ever seen one.
He wasn't complacent at all. Michigan came in last minute to try to get the kid to visit and he visited and he fell in love with the school. Cincy was in a real good position, but he wasn't committed. Columbus is B10 country. A lot of families in that area are going to prefer B10 over everything regardless. I'd choose playing for Beilein over Cronin myself. Michigan athletic perks, network, school, etc. > Cincy. I don't see how there's any clear  complacency in that one. 

I think everyone agrees... UM >UC in EVERY aspect.

Just the girls alone
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
 I'm one month away. 

Huntington Prep coach Rob Fulford hired at Missouri, a lot of talk of MGC reclassifying and following him next season..Lyles placed on DL and will not be playing with UK in the Bahamas due to left leg surgery.

All six of UK's Bahamas games will be televised,August 10-12 on ESPNU and August 15-17 on the SEC Network..All six games will tip off at 1:00 p.m...Excited to see my squad :smokin

All six of UK's Bahamas games will be televised,August 10-12 on ESPNU and August 15-17 on the SEC Network..All six games will tip off at 1:00 p.m...Excited to see my squad :smokin

:smokin can't wait

Looks like we'll be opening the season vs Grand Canyon, coached by "Thunder" Dan Majerle

So Osh is just gonna stay silent on the fact that the US beat the piss and blood out of Team Canada at the u-18 Championships? :lol:

Justise Winslow with a cool 20 and 10 :pimp:

So Osh is just gonna stay silent on the fact that the US beat the piss and blood out of Team Canada at the u-18 Championships? :lol:

Justise Winslow with a cool 20 and 10 :pimp:

The stream crapped out, so I just got through watching a recording.

Canada has the population the size of Southern California, were always going to lose in a given age group. :lol:

It happens every year, especially this year where the class has more depth but no sort of guaranteed star college player, we had less of a shot.

but this team played really well Dillon Brooks proved somethings, Montaque Gil Ceaser is going to be a good college player. Chris Egi is a high major talent for Harvard and he's going to stay 4 years. Lots of positives.

It was really once in a generation luck to get McD AA talent like Tristan, Wiggins, Bennett, Stauskas, all close to each other in years, thats probably not going to continue, but we'll keep producing quality talent.

I still think Duke should be #1 ranked team.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom