The College Basketball Post

1. Martin was not UT's first black head coach.
2. The previous coach, Pearl was successful and adored by the fan base. He never left town, hence Martin was coaching under this shadow the entire time. Pearl was kept on the payroll of a local booster's company.
3. The fans did not like his style of play, his coaching ability, or the way he interacted with the community. He fell far short of the shoes he was brought in to fill.\

He was out of favor long before his S16 run. It was not because he was black. These are the same boosters and fans that wanted Charlie Strong.

Be interested to see who they go and get.

Good for Cuonzo tho.

Great/smart move by Martin...

Guys that Tennessee should at least call...Gregg Marshall, Tim Miles, Tad Boyle, Mick Cronin, Shaka Smart, Ben Howland...
Chris Mack wants out at XU and they want him out of there. Almost took the Cal job, plus he's young and can recruit. He makes a lot of sense.

I don't think Marshall wants that UT job unless it's an offer he can't refuse.
Marshall wanted that job badly when he was finalist for it years ago. I'm sure he'll get a call and will atleast interview for it. One of the jobs Parrish said he could see him leaving for

I remember, but I think he's improved his resume ever since then. Maybe he takes the Shaka route and sits tight until a can't miss opportunity comes up.

Now if Tenn rolls out a 5M per season type of deal he's gone :lol:

smart move by Martin......can't be loyal to them if they wasn't to you

and OKB, how did Canada not make the fiba world cup?

LUIS SCOLA FROM ARGENTINA. :smh:

Single handedly assassinated us in that last game, clutch 3's, the foot work, the shot fakes, the left block was a torture chamber for defenders. **** was a PHD course on how to score in the post. On some Michael Jordan gatorade commerical: "you reach I teach " :x :smh: :lol:

Just shows you how deep the NBA is, because Scola looks awful in the nba.

Young squad with limited international experience, basically the C team, had Brady heslip out there trying to gaurd JJ Barea. :lol:

Last edited:
on a UNLV tip, somone posted about Khem Birch transfering, why the hell would Khem Birch transfer?

Its either bo back or go to the NBA, transferring would be really dumb.

Be interested to see who they go and get.

Good for Cuonzo tho.

Sports radio going crazy down here...lol.

Half callers glad he's gone and others wanted to see what he could get done.

In talking to some alumni this last week they were all shocked he stayed after the Marquette interest. Everyone pretty much concluded that after he met with the AD at that time and wasn't given a significant raise/extension that Marquette did not officially offer him but he was feeling them out. Hart pretty much called his bluff.

After what all went down this season there is no doubt he was reaching out to the schools with openings instead of the other way around. Don't blame him at all. I would never stay after the junk with the petition by the fans and the boosters withholding the jets from recruiting.

I'm going to chat with some folks tonight to see who the primary targets for a replacement will be.

For sure they contact Marshall. Can't really see him taking it unless he gets close to 4mil/yr. Problem is that will not happen. UT absolutely will not pay the basketball coach more than the football coach who is making less than 3mil/yr.

So they are limited to someone who is unemployed currently or a young coach.

IMO Richard Pitino has a manageable buyout and is getting 1.2mil/yr.

Stansbury is available. Bunch more to look into.

smart move by Martin......can't be loyal to them if they wasn't to you

and OKB, how did Canada not make the fiba world cup?
LUIS SCOLA FROM ARGENTINA.
mean.gif

Single handedly assassinated us in that last game, clutch 3's, the foot work, the shot fakes, the left block was a torture chamber for defenders. **** was a PHD course on how to score in the post. On some Michael Jordan gatorade commerical: "you reach I teach "
sick.gif
mean.gif
laugh.gif

Just shows you how deep the NBA is, because Scola looks awful in the nba.

Young squad with limited international experience, basically the C team, had Brady heslip out there trying to gaurd JJ Barea.
laugh.gif
ohh I see lol...Canada international future will be 
nthat.gif
tho

The ncaa moved in on that quick lol.

So athletes can just get food from the food cafe anytime for the free? Not bad

The ncaa moved in on that quick lol.

So athletes can just get food from the food cafe anytime for the free? Not bad
they run the campus already..now they get FREE FOOD..is it just from the cafeteria or say for example Ohio university has a chipotle on campus..can they go there and prove their on the team and get free food???

they run the campus already..now they get FREE FOOD..is it just from the cafeteria or say for example Ohio university has a chipotle on campus..can they go there and prove their on the team and get free food???

not free.

When your job gives you dental, is it "free dental"?, no you earned that ****.

Back
Top Bottom