The College Basketball Post

The only thing Bari has to worry about is injury, I don't think his stock will change much.

1 more year away from that max extension though, I know his fam got bread but still.

Cal is 55, UK is already making him turn grey at a rapid rate.

I can't see him going to the NBA right now, he would be giving up too much power to go to LA.

Knicks was a possibility before Phil but now that's out the window.

He's not taking a job with the Bucks or Pistons.

For now, he stays at UK.

Cal only 55?

UK definitely aging the man.

Every major player declared. He needs to declare to make this draft as "epic" as it potentially can be.

Huge risk for injury if he stays, its a wrap after that. He can get his degree in the summer.

Not honoring any talk of Bari staying. Nope, won't do it.

Can't Do It! (C) Mike Singletary

He seems corny enough to stay to me

it really burns your soul that BOTH of your programs aren't **** doesn't it. Lavin and Crean as your coaches are enough to give you ulcers so I don't blame you for lashing out... Life is harsh, hug us, don't reject us or make post to disrespect us :lol:

He seems corny enough to stay to me

The slander :lol:

Lemme guess, you ready to put him in the same bucket as RG3 huh?

Bro, you have to realize that IU has only fielded 4 seriously competitive teams in the last 20 years. We won't even discuss St. Johns :lol:

So these things are to be expected #Shrug

For the record... He's not coming back.

laugh.gif

Him being corny has nothing to do with my programs :lol:

I'm in here regardless every year because I love basketball. I'm quite complacent with my teams being ******, its true in every sport, doesn't even bother me at this point.

Him being corny maybe has more to do with, I don't know, being apart of a religion that kept out black people until 1978.

Funny how I called him corny and you are the only one who caught feeling about that comment.

I'm about to sever all ties w/ St. John's... :lol:

Gonna try to find an online class or some **** to take at an SEC school so I can not feel so bad about pulling for a new team :lol:

jk...kinda.

The biggest issue with St. John's is the local scene changed so much, much less talent these days. And then its hard to convince kids from outside of NY to Union Turnpike. It's just exactly a big man on campus feeling. Pretty much a dead program, it'll definitely never be where it was under Carnaseca.

Last edited:
The biggest issue with St. John's is the local scene changed so much, much less talent these days. And then its hard to convince kids from outside of NY to Union Turnpike. It's just exactly a big man on campus feeling. Pretty much a dead program, it'll definitely never be where it was under Carnaseca.

The city is a quick train ride, but there is literally NOTHING for those kids to do on the campus or outside. Not sure if it's still the same as when I went there, but St. John's was a suitcase school. When the day was over, people bounced back to Long Island or one of the other boroughs. If you're a recruit, why would you chose St. John's over another school? As you know, having a live social scene goes a LONG way in wooing these kids. St. John's ain't it. :smh:

You can't even sell them on playing home games at MSG. You brought up Carnaseca, but it will never be where it was under Jarvis. We're 10 years removed from the Pitt incident and the school can't even get the team back on track. It's an embarrassment. I honestly don't know what they can do to get the program on the right track.

Last edited:

If you go to St. Johns you're either:

A) missing out on a real college experience (college town, grass quads, a real greek life, townies supporting anything related to the school, etc)

B) missing out on a true NYC living. Ya, you can take the train in from Queens but it's nothing like going to NYU or Hunter, or even Columbia even tho it's in the North Pole. At the end of the day, young people, 18 - 23 move to NYC to be right in the thick of it all, not in the outskirts of Queens. This ain't Coming to America.

I just can't see 4 and 5 star recruits outside of NYC being enticed by Jamaica Queens and the environment there.

I really don't see that (location, campus life) as the issue. SJU has landed serious talent under Lavin. But he doesn't develop, doesn't manage a roster well and the kids are shortsighted based on what he's sold them(NbA)

Lavin is putting those kids and families up in midtown hotels on visits, selling MSG and the city. Location of that school isn't keeping talent away. Telling me urban kids are looking to get out to Ames, Iowa over Jamaica queens? No - but Ames has a coach who can develop and manage. Lavin needs to figure out how to develop and keep the talent he gets.

If you go to St. Johns you're either:

A) missing out on a real college experience (college town, grass quads, a real greek life, townies supporting anything related to the school, etc)

B) missing out on a true NYC living. Ya, you can take the train in from Queens but it's nothing like going to NYU or Hunter, or even Columbia even tho it's in the North Pole. At the end of the day, young people, 18 - 23 move to NYC to be right in the thick of it all, not in the outskirts of Queens. This ain't Coming to America.

I just can't see 4 and 5 star recruits outside of NYC being enticed by Jamaica Queens and the environment there.

Everything you said is true, but Lavin was bringing in top recruits from out of state so it can be done. He's just doing a terrible job coaching them IMO

Back
Top Bottom