The College Basketball Post

right now

unless you are talking pick 30, yes it would.

we have to wait and see

the picture will become clearer after combine and workouts.

This.

But as presently presented, there is no way anyone who's paying attention to this ****, has Bazz going in the first round. 23 year old 6'1 2 guards going into the NBA normally do not go first round :lol:

In case y'all don't know, when evaluating prospects, Age/Size/Upside come all before what you've done recently most of the time :lol: The idea is that Bazz is who he is at this point and won't get much better in the league. That isn't a first round prospect flat out.

Of course you're most likely going to consider guys with legit positional size/athleticisim in the 1st. [SAS] HOWEVA [/SAS], would it honestly surprise you if Napier did become a first round pick? Yes, you are going to want to consider a whole body of work when considering guys in the draft. THat being said, his stock has risen, and he wouldn't be the first guy to ride a strong tourney run to bolster their selection in the draft.
Link

I mean...it wouldn't be out of the question.

Strong workouts + a good showing in Chicago (or PIT) + the tourney run = 1st round pick, IMO.
That, and he got a strong endorsement from Lebron last night.

Not sure what the plans are for the Heat, but a guy like Napier would be a obvious cheap replacement for Chalmers....especially if Chalmers' demands are high and they want to allocate that $ towards retaining their core or adding other players.

Basically, what you're saying is that it isn't out of the realm of possibility that he gets drafted 1st round, which it isn't.

It's just that it would be a major reach to draft him in the first round for the aforementioned reasons. However, you do bring up a good point. Hype, Buzz, Things like Lebron campaigning for him, 2x nat'l champion, all those things do play a part in the draft process and IF he does go lotto, it'll be because of these reasons. So I could see it happening in theory, but I just don't see it. Wouldn't be surprised if he got drafted in the first round though. Now lotto? That'll be a HUGE/EPIC surprise to me.

Louisville will always be the red-headed step child in KY.
laugh.gif

We all agree on Bazz pretty much I think, just arguing differently. I know at the start of the year Boat told people he was gone regardless cause of money issues so I think he leaves as well. I could see Deandre staying. Maybe Boat can be convinced by Ollie that he'll have a Bazz type season next year if he stays playing next to Purvis.

Napier is late 1st round at best ....the scouts been had him as a borderline 1st/ probly 2nd round rick...y'all too excited bout his tourney run :lol:

I wonder if that Lebron tweet will sway Napier in any way from signing w/ his marketing company?

*Isn't Manziel repped by Lebron's people as well?

Shabazz turns 23 a couple weeks after the draft.

Are there ANY seniors that still graduate at 21 anymore? 
laugh.gif

Are there ANY seniors that still graduate at 21 anymore? :lol:

Hell no :lol:

Not even on the College hoops tip, but college in general. No one I know graduates at 22 anymore, let alone 21. I'm 22 and probably will be graduating around 24 :lol: more and more students take longer nowadays to get out.

Not even on the College hoops tip, but college in general. No one I know graduates at 22 anymore, let alone 21. I'm 22 and probably will be graduating around 24 :lol: more and more students take longer nowadays to get out.
Damn that's pathetic :lol:

I dropped out of college, went to a CC temporarily, then got back on track at a 4 year. Took extra courses and summer school, graduated on time at 21

Are there ANY seniors that still graduate at 21 anymore? :lol:

reg folks dont even grad at 22.
he's starting his career/dream job at 23 so he definitely winning regardless

I prepped then redshirted by the time I hit the court I was 20...

So think about a kid reclassifying and then prep it's quite common in the hoop world.

I'm guessing you're in the CSU system? I think the 4 year graduation rate for UCs are pretty high.

And for Napier, I think his ceiling is an Isaiah Thomas and his floor is a CJ Watson.

Congrats to UCONN,and at the same time **** ya'll lol we got our 4th 'ship in 1958 get back to me when you have 8 and 2,000+ wins,you only got 400 some to go....It's really all love I would rather lose to UCONN than Duke,Indiana,UNC,Florida etc.... Dudes deserved it, so while I'm salty it could be a lot worse...

Get back to me when you crack double digits in titles.

I doubt either of you were alive to witness even half of your programs' titles. Give credit where credit is due, no one has been able to win as many rings as UConn has in such a short period of time.

No, I definitely wasn't. I was trying to call attention to how ridiculous his statement was, but I see that mine didn't look much better either. And UCONN gets all the credit, I loved watching them play this tournament.

you're obsessed w/ younger players when compared to a player older.....just because they're younger doesn't mean they will achieve more than the older counterpart

it actually does.

the failure rate for older prospects is higher.

I'm talking about situations when comparing A to B.....not overall

maybe I should've been a lil clearer

Last edited:
Remember in 2005 after UNC won the title...everyone was saying Sean May should be the #1 pick?

Winning a title really does boost your value in public opinion 
laugh.gif

I'm guessing you're in the CSU system? I think the 4 year graduation rate for UCs are pretty high.

And for Napier, I think his ceiling is an Isaiah Thomas and his floor is a CJ Watson.

In the CSU system now, but started in the UC system and I have a lot of friends who are in the UC system right now who aren't graduating "on time" or by 22.

Back
Top Bottom