The College Basketball Post

Great/fun game to watch.

Let me ask yall....obviously Napier has played himself into the 1st round. I'm not sure where in the 1st, but I think he's a definite pick. That being said, what's his ceiling?

no he hasn't.

Has removed the chance that he will be un drafted, but I think it would take a foolish team to take him with a 1st.

Last edited:
laugh.gif
 ‏@SportsCenter 

Campus police have arrested 30 UConn fans celebrating school's NCAA Tourney victory as of early Tuesday morning.

laugh.gif

let them kids cook

Like a lot of players it depends on the situation...his best bet is to get drafted by an established team and sit so he can learn

Whether it's in the 1st or 2nd round...he's def a pro level talent tho

Last edited:
If Kendall marshall garbage *** can go in the 1st don't see how shabazz can't go in the 1st.

Yall forget the one thing shabazz has going for him is that he is a legit pg. He's not an undersized 2 he runs the 1

Last edited:
If he has a strong pre-draft camp/workouts, he's going in the 1st.

I just can't believe that man, he's a back up point guard at best.

I really can't believe that a team would put that much stock into a tourney run, especially from a guy who had a decent shot of going un drafted before all of this.

If you look at the 20 range.

Jermi Grant
Stauskas
Hariston
Willey Caley Stein
Adrien Payne
Rodney Hood
Cleanthony Early
K.J. McDaniels
Elfrid Payton
Kyle Anderson
Zach LaVine

All guys with legit positional size and athleticism and its only when you get beyond that do you find guys like Napier.

Is he better than Jahii Carson? Deonte Burton? at his position, both of which were better at younger ages.

Is he a better prospect than Dwight Powell, AJ Hammonds, Isiah Austin, or Patric Young all guys who height alone gives them a shot at making the NBA?

The better question is he better than Russ Smith? Russ has a very similar career trajectory, similar measurements, and I don't think anyone considers Russ Smith a first round pick.

I think if any NBA front office asks themselves those questions I don't see how he goes in the first round.

Wild game. Didn't turn out how I'd hoped, but had some excitement.

Congratz to the real Uconn fans.

I ain't see none of y'all talking about Bazz as a 1st round pick before the tourney. Teams put more stock in regular season play, body/athleticism and age than tourney performance.

Bazz is an immaculate college player and had one of the best tourney's I've seen but y'all are living in the moment a bit just because he's the last great player you've seen.

Around draft time when guys start working out you'll see how many prospects have higher ceilings while Bazz basically is who he is as a player and can only get marginally better in the league.

Probably going to be a HC one day himself though.

If Kendall marshall garbage *** can go in the 1st don't see how shabazz can't go in the 1st.

Yall forget the one thing shabazz has going for him is that he is a legit pg. He's not an undersized 2 he runs the 1

That was a weak draft, just because one team makes a mistake doesn't mean another should.

Comparing a 6'4 guard who was a great vision and showed potential as a distributor/passer to a 5'10 guard who's a great scorer and ballhandler.

Don't see Bazz going R1, but that doesn't mean he's not player in the L.

If you're that impressed by how Shabazz played in the tournament, you need to take a step back and ask: If I picked this guy up and plopped him in the NBA today, as is, would he be a productive player?  

If you truly think the answer is yes, that's fine (You are wrong.)  If the answer is no, you need to realize that he is playing right now at or near his ceiling and that's why he's not a first round pick—no one cares that he won a national championship.  

Even Randle has questions because he struggles against longer defenders he'll see more of in the NBA.  You expect a 5"10 guy who shoots 42% from the field to come in and be good against NBA athletes?

Last edited:
napier in a veteran team playing that patty mills role would be perfect. get drafted after the lottery on a playoff team so there would no real pressure

I just can't believe that man, he's a back up point guard at best.

I really can't believe that a team would put that much stock into a tourney run, especially from a guy who had a decent shot of going un drafted before all of this.

If you look at the 20 range.

Jermi Grant
Stauskas
Hariston
Willey Caley Stein
Adrien Payne
Rodney Hood
Cleanthony Early
K.J. McDaniels
Elfrid Payton
Kyle Anderson
Zach LaVine

All guys with legit positional size and athleticism and its only when you get beyond that do you find guys like Napier.

Is he better than Jahii Carson? Deonte Burton? at his position, both of which were better at younger ages.

Is he a better prospect than Dwight Powell, AJ Hammonds, Isiah Austin, or Patric Young all guys who height alone gives them a shot at making the NBA?

The better question is he better than Russ Smith? Russ has a very similar career trajectory, similar measurements, and I don't think anyone considers Russ Smith a first round pick.

I think if any NBA front office asks themselves those questions I don't see how he goes in the first round.

Of course you're most likely going to consider guys with legit positional size/athleticisim in the 1st. [SAS] HOWEVA [/SAS], would it honestly surprise you if Napier did become a first round pick? Yes, you are going to want to consider a whole body of work when considering guys in the draft. THat being said, his stock has risen, and he wouldn't be the first guy to ride a strong tourney run to bolster their selection in the draft.

Shabazz Napier, UConn Remember Kemba Walker’s 2011 NCAA tournament run? Napier had better hope scouts do. Although Walker began as a higher-rated prospect than Napier, there’s no question Walker’s epic title run helped his draft stock. (He went ninth overall.) Even better for Napier, Walker has turned into a productive pro, not just another Mateen Cleeves or Tyus Edney, who made fans fall in love with them as collegians before fizzling out in the NBA, so teams have less reason to be gun-shy. What they’re saying: “I think he’s a first-round pick. First of all, he’s got the ball on a string, great ball control, great understanding of the game. He’s got tremendous confidence, he’s a knockdown shooter from the perimeter. And he’s got a big heart.” — an unnamed Eastern Conference scout speaking to David Borges, New Haven Register

Link

I mean...it wouldn't be out of the question.

Strong workouts + a good showing in Chicago (or PIT) + the tourney run = 1st round pick, IMO.

Mario Chalmers last year on contract, might be worth a look for the Heat depending on how much Chalmers wants...

That, and he got a strong endorsement from Lebron last night.

Not sure what the plans are for the Heat, but a guy like Napier would be a obvious cheap replacement for Chalmers....especially if Chalmers' demands are high and they want to allocate that $ towards retaining their core or adding other players.

Last edited:
you're obsessed w/ younger players when compared to a player older.....just because they're younger doesn't mean they will achieve more than the older counterpart

Back
Top Bottom