The Brandon Jennings Thread (Will Be Updated Regularly)

Originally Posted by knightngale

the bucks don't deserve players like him after helping out the cavaliers

lol @ ricky rubio

not saying ricky rubio is the standard of elite guards to measure against, but in that one game(they didn't play first euroleague game bc rubio was injuredfrom the Olympics), BJ didn't play poorly. His assessment of Rubio from that one game was that Rubio wasn't as good as everyone was saying. then again,that was rubio's first game coming off his han injury(I'm not sure if BJ knew that.) But he did retract his statement about Rubio in other interviewsthat followed.

JENNINGS ON RUBIO

Q: How did he (Rubio) do and how would he do to compare to the other guys in college now?

A: "Well when I was playing he only zero assists and two turnovers, you know you tell me how that was."

Q: How many minutes was he (Rubio) playing?

A: "We had about even minutes, I had 12 points, about six assists, that was the most I ever played was 30 minutes. I was a little winded but I stillthink I got the best of him."

Q: How would he compare to the college freshman for example?

A: "Well put it like this, if he was in a workout with me, Jonny Flynn, Drew Holiday, (Ty) Lawson, and Stephen Curry he wouldn't even be at the top."

Q: Do you think he's all hype?

A: "Yeah because he played in the Olympics, been playing pro ball since 14, you know there it is right there. His stats you know 26 minutes, having 16points, seven assists, nine steals in 26 minutes, and you have all that? You know, I really don't know, I can't wait to play him though."

Q: Is it safe to say you think should go before Ricky Rubio in the draft?

A: "Yeah, I think I'm a better player think he is, I can shoot the ball better than he can, you know the only time I have seen him do something iswhen he has a homerun pass or something like that. I think the dude is just all hype. I can't even front you know, I'm just going to be real with youguys." - Sam Amick

i've been saying to anyone who will listen that BJ is better than derrick rose....people think i'm crazy....after last nights 55 point game, i didntget a lot of d rose supporters arguing w/ me...

That 3rd quarter last night was one of the best performances I have ever seen. Glad I DVR'ed it. Golden State's defense was awful but that didnt takeanything away from him.

Originally Posted by Biggie62

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

This to me shows that the some NBA teams European scouting departments aren't that good or don't exist.

you don't think scouts haven't been watching him for YEARS now?

he's improved remarkably in a very short period of time. people flat out missed, thus far.
In what respect?

I am aware NBA teams have been watching him but the reason for his precipitous drop on draft night was his supposed pour showing in Europe but anybody with half a game who saw him play or read anyhting about waht the people there were actually saying they would know that was the furthest from the truth.

Why they Kings didn't take him or Rubio is still beyond me.

The only thing that can hold Brandon back is Brandon he's got all the tools, and he finally started making plays because they are the right play not make and NOT just because he can.
pimp.gif

Eurpoe helped his development hopefully that dummy Jeremy Tyler can get his head on straight and learn something to.
This IS what held him back. Don't you read? The Knicks and other scouts were in Europe for the workouts of Euro prospects and almost every time he withdrew his name and didn't show up to the workouts. Dude has no-one to blame but himself for dropping so far down the draft. I mean I've been a doubter myself and he is making me eat my words somewhat so far. But dude screwed himself over. No-one was going to take a risk that high in the lottery on a kid who doesn't want to prove his skills vs other Euros. And take also into the consideration that he didn't actually play much on his team. So what are you going to base your projection off? Personal team workouts? Nah that won't work. Darko Milicic had sick team workouts, how did that work out?
He proved his skills over the course of that year, teams that place emphasis on workout are dumb, the kings made that mistake and now they have 2SG's. A workout isn't going to tell you what good scouting over an entire season doesn't already know.
Gone is the brash, arrogant teenager with the Kid 'N Play style flat-top who dominated the ball in absolute fashion and looked first and foremost for his own shot, his stats and the ultimate high-light play. In his place is a much more mature, respectful young man, always cheering on his teammates, showing great body language and painstakingly trying to do what his coaches ask of him, almost to a fault at times.

In the second quarter, Jennings comes up with a steal and has a three on two transition opportunity. Not seeing the angle he was looking for, he pulls the ball out, waits for his teammates to run down the floor and calls a play, to the shock of everyone in attendance who had watched him play in America. "The Brandon Jennings of old would have never passed up that opportunity" the Director of Player Personnel sitting next to us points out while nodding his head. "Gotta limit those turnovers" Jennings explains to us afterwards. "My job is to be a pass-first point guard."

That was what was being written about him at the time.

Originally Posted by knightngale

the bucks don't deserve players like him after helping out the cavaliers

lol @ ricky rubio
Ricky Rubio had 0 points in yesterday's Barcelona game where the team scored over 100. ZERO!

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

Impressive, dude looked like a lil A.I out there from the youtube vid that I saw
That's what I've been sayin

BJ looks like a 90's PG

Originally Posted by bijald0331

Jennings will probably win rookie of the month over Hill and DeRozan . Too close to call yet.
jordan hill? What has he done?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DetlefSchrempf11

obviously Jennings has more upside but I see a little Van Exel in him...maybe its just the lefty stroke
i'm an old school laker fan and I've seen Van Exel since he was a rookie and that was my dude back in the day. But the only thing theygot in common is that lefty stroke. Jennings seems to be more in control, and he penetrates more. Van Exel used to piss me off by pulling up for 3 on a 1 on4 fastbreak
laugh.gif
I do agree with the dude who mentioned Kenny Anderson.

Originally Posted by Wisconsin 4 Life

People here in Milwaukee are actually talking about Bucks basketball again, it's awesome. Jennings is saving this team. I pray to god Redd doesn't f things up when he comes back. Bogut is putting in good work too, hopefully he stays healthy all season.
true stoory, dudes aint been this excited since the ray allen and big dog days
eek.gif

ya'll letting Rose have it in here. lol
Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

Originally Posted by bijald0331

Jennings will probably win rookie of the month over Hill and DeRozan . Too close to call yet.
jordan hill? What has he done?
laugh.gif

lol. Don't forget Evans

Golden State coach Don Nelson praised Jennings' performance.

"Holy smokes," Nelson said. "I think that's probably the best rookie performance I've ever witnessed in 30-some years of coaching. We tried to handle him every way possible really. He had quite a game."

According to the Elias Sports Bureau, Jennings now has the mark for fewest games (seven) into an NBA career with a 50-point game.
Jennings has joined Cleveland's LeBron James as the only two players in league history to score at least 50 points before turning 21 years old. James did it twice at age 20, scoring 56 in March 2005 and 52 in December 2005.
After Jennings' big night against Golden State on Saturday, he ranks eighth in the league in scoring at 25.6 points per game and is fourth in three-point field goal percentage, hitting 17 of 30 attempts for a mark of 56.7%.

unless he's ice cold tonight (which I wouldnt be surprised after that big game), he might have another huge game today..... J. Kidd is arguably one of thetop 2-3 slowest footed PG's on defense in the league at this point.

Originally Posted by RockDeep

And thru all this. UA isn't taking advantage.
huh? you didn't peep his kicks Rock?

cb9567b48f7fff14857e6c4f7d439ba5-getty-90040861sd011_golden_state_.jpg

UA with the University of Maryland "M" on the heel. this dude is reppin hard for the Terps
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by EzFlash26

unless he's ice cold tonight (which I wouldnt be surprised after that big game), he might have another huge game today..... J. Kidd is arguably one of the top 2-3 slowest footed PG's on defense in the league at this point.
Mavs need to play Roddy Beaubois pretty heavy tonight...

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

cb9567b48f7fff14857e6c4f7d439ba5-getty-90040861sd011_golden_state_.jpg

UA with the University of Maryland "M" on the heel. this dude is reppin hard for the Terps
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

He'll be with Nike soon enough. Just wait.

the future of the nba (yea, i'm on the bandwagon...)
laugh.gif

here's� the 3rd quarter
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
wow. didn't even see that. he prob couldn't even get into UM extension school. . imagine kobe wearing the duke logo in one of his recordbreaking games. is it even permissible to wear college logos on your shoes?

Back
Top Bottom