The Brandon Jennings Thread (Will Be Updated Regularly)

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

This to me shows that the some NBA teams European scouting departments aren't that good or don't exist.

you don't think scouts haven't been watching him for YEARS now?

he's improved remarkably in a very short period of time. people flat out missed, thus far.
In what respect?

I am aware NBA teams have been watching him but the reason for his precipitous drop on draft night was his supposed pour showing in Europe but anybody withhalf a game who saw him play or read anyhting about waht the people there were actually saying they would know that was the furthest from the truth.

Why they Kings didn't take him or Rubio is still beyond me.

The only thing that can hold Brandon back is Brandon he's got all the tools, and he finally started making plays because they are the right play not makeand NOT just because he can.
pimp.gif

Eurpoe helped his development hopefully that dummy Jeremy Tyler can get his head on straight and learn something to.

In what respect?
shooting. big time.

if anyone says they knew or had seen the kid shoot the ball this well, they're flat out lying.

I don't think people ever characterized him as a bad shooter, a streaky one yeah, due to his inconsistent form and constant fading on his shotbut completely correctable, but yeah he has improved.

that's why i'm most surprised/wrong...he's taking a lot of shots, and to his credit, making them.

exactly dude had most of the skills down but shooting and on the ball defense..being in europe and actually developing his game instead of being forced to bethe star really worked in his favor..similar to what maccabi did for will bynum.

I think its funny and crazy how NT was throwing this dude under the bus before the draft. Now 90 % of NT is on the bandwagon. I knew dude was gonna be a majorproblem, but didn't know it would happen this fast. Just wish he didn't land with the Bucks.

This to me shows that the some NBA teams European scouting departments aren't that good or don't exist.

you don't think scouts haven't been watching him for YEARS now?

he's improved remarkably in a very short period of time. people flat out missed, thus far.
In what respect?

I am aware NBA teams have been watching him but the reason for his precipitous drop on draft night was his supposed pour showing in Europe but anybody with half a game who saw him play or read anyhting about waht the people there were actually saying they would know that was the furthest from the truth.

Why they Kings didn't take him or Rubio is still beyond me.

The only thing that can hold Brandon back is Brandon he's got all the tools, and he finally started making plays because they are the right play not make and NOT just because he can.
pimp.gif

Eurpoe helped his development hopefully that dummy Jeremy Tyler can get his head on straight and learn something to.
This IS what held him back. Don't you read? The Knicks and other scouts were in Europe for the workouts of Euro prospects and almost everytime he withdrew his name and didn't show up to the workouts. Dude has no-one to blame but himself for dropping so far down the draft. I mean I'vebeen a doubter myself and he is making me eat my words somewhat so far. But dude screwed himself over. No-one was going to take a risk that high in thelottery on a kid who doesn't want to prove his skills vs other Euros. And take also into the consideration that he didn't actually play much on histeam. So what are you going to base your projection off? Personal team workouts? Nah that won't work. Darko Milicic had sick team workouts, how didthat work out?

BJ credits Kelvin Sampson with his shooting, or at least working with him (prob calling him all day long to get in the gym -- which you know Sampson liked todo
laugh.gif
) --- so he missed college, but he seems to have the right coaches to help motivate him.

Never doubted he had skill but this is unbelievable. Hopefully he dont forget about NT and makes a post soon.

Originally Posted by haiti5

exactly dude had most of the skills down but shooting and on the ball defense..being in europe and actually developing his game instead of being forced to be the star really worked in his favor..similar to what maccabi did for will bynum.
Gotta agree.

I'm not big on following high-school talent. So the 1st time I ever saw the kid play was at the McD's game. And what I saw that night impressed meenough to think he'd have a really good shot in the L.

But at the same time, I could understand why people thought his attitude would hold him back.

Most of us wanted him to go to school for at least a year. And I'm glad that the exact same year people wanted him to take in college and use for seasoningis what he got when he went overseas.

See, Stern isn't always wrong.

Cuz you can't tell me that BJ would be doing the same thing if he had come in to the L last year.

For some players that 1 or 2 extra years of seasoning is the difference between a Kwame Brown and a Brandon Jennings.

Talent was NEVER a question... It's the same thing I've always said with Lance Stephenson...

The physical tools are ALL there. The decision making, the mental side of the game is where the questions always were with Jennings. Will he buy into playingthe team game? Will he become a lead guard you can rely on making the right play nearly every time on the court, or will he be a shot-happy, highlight reelseeker that always needs to make the tough play instead of the smart one? Then when he was drafted to Milwaukee, how would he handle the transition from thestyle of play we saw from him in high school to the disciplined, cerebral point guard that we know Scott Skiles wants leading his team?

The kid looks like he's got his head on right and he looks like he took that stint in Europe seriously and came out a better player for it... I questionedhim quite a bit, but you gotta give props where they're due. He looks damn good. Very interested to see where he goes from here...

I said after Jennings got drafted by the Bucks Scott Skiles was either going to mold him into an All Star caliber PG or strangle him to death
laugh.gif

Looking very good thus far
pimp.gif

his ability to step up to more difficult competition was apparent in Europe. Not only did he go to Europe, but he played for Lottomatica in the Italian league,and also in Euroleague(composed of 18 of Europe's top teams from all over) which is actually more physical and tougher than the Italian league. InEuroleague competition, he actually played better than in the Italian league and even played one of his best games vs Rubio. So raising his play again in theNBA was just another challenge to him.

everyone talks about concerns with attitude but seeing this convinced me that BJ was hungry a year ago....this is some Derek Fisher bulldog mentality cominginto play imo.

That little floater in the lane is the perfect weapon for a PG and BJ has one of the crispest ones I can remember seeing.

Been a supporter of dude since Oak Hill.

Kenny Anderson squared.
pimp.gif

Glad he found his place with the Bucks.

man i this guy is a killer put i never thought that he would be doing this so quick into his career.... i must say he is going to be rookie of the year. forsure

People here in Milwaukee are actually talking about Bucks basketball again, it's awesome. Jennings is saving this team. I pray to god Redd doesn't fthings up when he comes back. Bogut is putting in good work too, hopefully he stays healthy all season.

Back
Top Bottom