The Book Of Eli: *Question* && Whats your take on the film?

Book-of-Eli-Denzel-Mila-560-thumb-560xauto-28908.jpg

CLEARLY LOOKING AT HER

roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Nako XL

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

i disagree with the obviously blind statements...all the interaction with the dude at the pawn shop. i just thought dude could read braile....since it was the only bible left. how did he see that damn rat...how did he shoot that bird...how did he hide the bible...

Book_of_Eli_Washington_closeup_thumb-thumb-550x309-18649.jpg

425.TheBookOfEli.Washington.denzel.lc.011310.jpg

book_of_eli_kunis_washington_window_guns_2010.jpg

600full-the-book-of-eli-screenshot.jpg

book_of_eli_19.jpg.728x520_q85.jpg

book-of-eli.jpg

He's LOOKING at things.

Look I've seen the movie twice. I get there are little things that are supposed to clue you in to his being blind (i.e. he bumps into things.) cool.

But there are as many if not more examples of his not being blind.  i.e. He looks at $$#@!

And I'm not buying smell, let alone "the sound of his voice" being what alerted him to the gang leader.  He watched that $$#@ go down.  That's how he knew who it was.
nako..im with you man...geez!

Originally Posted by Ruxxx

roll.gif
Nako you're killing me over here!
(no shot(s))

I'm saying though 
laugh.gif
I understand what the movie's going for but it's execution is ******ed.

The opening scene is him sniping a cat with an arrow while it's raining ash.  You can't smell/hear %%%+ in that situation, plus he's wearing a gasmask and hood. c'mon son
roll.gif
This is it.  Finally

Denzel as an actor I'm sure can't not look at things.  It's human nature to do so.  And why can't a blind person look in the direction of the person talking to them.  They always look at where the sound is coming from.

Yes he was blind.  Was it executed perfectly...no.

Him sniping a bird with a bow and arrow after he says "do you hear that" there is no way that is possible i get that.  But they wanted you to think it was.  He was blind the movie was written with him blind the whole time.  Was it executed well.....not that well.

Originally Posted by Ruxxx

roll.gif
Nako you're killing me over here!
(no shot(s))

I'm saying though 
laugh.gif
I understand what the movie's going for but it's execution is ******ed.

The opening scene is him sniping a cat with an arrow while it's raining ash.  You can't smell/hear %%%+ in that situation, plus he's wearing a gasmask and hood. c'mon son
roll.gif
This is it.  Finally

Denzel as an actor I'm sure can't not look at things.  It's human nature to do so.  And why can't a blind person look in the direction of the person talking to them.  They always look at where the sound is coming from.

Yes he was blind.  Was it executed perfectly...no.

Him sniping a bird with a bow and arrow after he says "do you hear that" there is no way that is possible i get that.  But they wanted you to think it was.  He was blind the movie was written with him blind the whole time.  Was it executed well.....not that well.

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

i disagree with the obviously blind statements...all the interaction with the dude at the pawn shop. i just thought dude could read braile....since it was the only bible left. how did he see that damn rat...how did he shoot that bird...how did he hide the bible...

Book_of_Eli_Washington_closeup_thumb-thumb-550x309-18649.jpg

425.TheBookOfEli.Washington.denzel.lc.011310.jpg

book_of_eli_kunis_washington_window_guns_2010.jpg

600full-the-book-of-eli-screenshot.jpg

book_of_eli_19.jpg.728x520_q85.jpg

book-of-eli.jpg

He's LOOKING at things.

Look I've seen the movie twice. I get there are little things that are supposed to clue you in to his being blind (i.e. he bumps into things.) cool.

But there are as many if not more examples of his not being blind.  i.e. He looks at $$#@!

And I'm not buying smell, let alone "the sound of his voice" being what alerted him to the gang leader.  He watched that $$#@ go down.  That's how he knew who it was.
nako..im with you man...geez!

maybe he was pretending to looking at things and pretending to assess them so that others wouldn't see
that he was actually blind? I dunno

maybe he was pretending to looking at things and pretending to assess them so that others wouldn't see

about the whole looking at things, it's not like he's just gonna be looking up in the air back and forth like blind people are normally depicted on tv/movies

about the whole looking at things, it's not like he's just gonna be looking up in the air back and forth like blind people are normally depicted on tv/movies

Originally Posted by ServeChilled81

never thought about this....but makes perfect sense...he wouldn't' want anyone to know he is blind then they could try to take advantage of that

never thought about this....but makes perfect sense...he wouldn't' want anyone to know he is blind then they could try to take advantage of that

Originally Posted by Jking0821

laugh.gif

Like the cat in the woods?

They had snipers camped out on the roofs and he (a blind man) took them all out. what more advantage could they possibly have gained?

laugh.gif

Like the cat in the woods?

They had snipers camped out on the roofs and he (a blind man) took them all out. what more advantage could they possibly have gained?

True indeed he was blind. One of the very first scenes in the movie is when he finds the dead guy hanging behind the door. He had to "feel" the body and sense that the dead guy had new shoes on. Even the shooting scene in the center of town, well let's back track before that. While he's walking into town, the camera does like a panaramic view and they show a sniper on the ledge. During the shooting scene you would've thought he would've remembered at the beginning when he was walking into the town (but he was blind) and shot the sniper first. BUT he didn't shoot the sniper until HE was fired upon giving his exact location.

The end should be the dead give away though, when he was translating the Bible to the guy to WRITE. If he could "see", he would've been able to do that himself.

True indeed he was blind. One of the very first scenes in the movie is when he finds the dead guy hanging behind the door. He had to "feel" the body and sense that the dead guy had new shoes on. Even the shooting scene in the center of town, well let's back track before that. While he's walking into town, the camera does like a panaramic view and they show a sniper on the ledge. During the shooting scene you would've thought he would've remembered at the beginning when he was walking into the town (but he was blind) and shot the sniper first. BUT he didn't shoot the sniper until HE was fired upon giving his exact location.

The end should be the dead give away though, when he was translating the Bible to the guy to WRITE. If he could "see", he would've been able to do that himself.

roll.gif

What? If he was blind it clearly wasn't a crutch in any way, seeing how adept he was at $$%%ing people up.
ohwell.gif

roll.gif

What? If he was blind it clearly wasn't a crutch in any way, seeing how adept he was at $$%%ing people up.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

roll.gif

ohwell.gif
Yeah but then the "bad guys" would have known to make as little sound as possible when attacking him. 

I mean i know everyone apparently smelled like crap so he could smell everyone.  But this is all hypothetical.

I don't know why people take a movie so literal.  Like its offensive that some one made a movie where a blind man beats up mad dudes.  "Blind people can't do that" yes we know...thats why it is a movie.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

roll.gif

ohwell.gif
Yeah but then the "bad guys" would have known to make as little sound as possible when attacking him. 

I mean i know everyone apparently smelled like crap so he could smell everyone.  But this is all hypothetical.

I don't know why people take a movie so literal.  Like its offensive that some one made a movie where a blind man beats up mad dudes.  "Blind people can't do that" yes we know...thats why it is a movie.

well it just amazes me how blind people move around downtown so great wit a stick

if im on my cell texting...im bound to run into sumtin

well it just amazes me how blind people move around downtown so great wit a stick

if im on my cell texting...im bound to run into sumtin

Back
Top Bottom