The Book Of Eli: *Question* && Whats your take on the film?

Originally Posted by Jking0821

Originally Posted by Nako XL

Originally Posted by Ruxxx

roll.gif
Nako you're killing me over here!
(no shot(s))

I'm saying though 
laugh.gif
I understand what the movie's going for but it's execution is ******ed.

The opening scene is him sniping a cat with an arrow while it's raining ash.  You can't smell/hear %%%+ in that situation, plus he's wearing a gasmask and hood. c'mon son
roll.gif
This is it.  Finally

Denzel as an actor I'm sure can't not look at things.  It's human nature to do so.  And why can't a blind person look in the direction of the person talking to them.  They always look at where the sound is coming from.

Yes he was blind.  Was it executed perfectly...no.

Him sniping a bird with a bow and arrow after he says "do you hear that" there is no way that is possible i get that.  But they wanted you to think it was.  He was blind the movie was written with him blind the whole time.  Was it executed well.....not that well.
I can live wit this...but dude was looking down from a bridge on sum thugs robbin sumbody if a recall correctly....post production shouldnt have let that fly

Originally Posted by Jking0821

Originally Posted by Nako XL

Originally Posted by Ruxxx

roll.gif
Nako you're killing me over here!
(no shot(s))

I'm saying though 
laugh.gif
I understand what the movie's going for but it's execution is ******ed.

The opening scene is him sniping a cat with an arrow while it's raining ash.  You can't smell/hear %%%+ in that situation, plus he's wearing a gasmask and hood. c'mon son
roll.gif
This is it.  Finally

Denzel as an actor I'm sure can't not look at things.  It's human nature to do so.  And why can't a blind person look in the direction of the person talking to them.  They always look at where the sound is coming from.

Yes he was blind.  Was it executed perfectly...no.

Him sniping a bird with a bow and arrow after he says "do you hear that" there is no way that is possible i get that.  But they wanted you to think it was.  He was blind the movie was written with him blind the whole time.  Was it executed well.....not that well.
I can live wit this...but dude was looking down from a bridge on sum thugs robbin sumbody if a recall correctly....post production shouldnt have let that fly

"looks" for the sun, doesn't read the sign...
Book+of+Eli+Denzel+Washington.jpg

prefers to fight in dark to even out the playing field...

Book_of_Eli_trailer.jpg

"you smell that?..... its the ocean"

600full-the-book-of-eli-screenshot.jpg

PRETTY OBVIOUS THE DUDE WAS BLIND!!! 
glasses.gif
glasses.gif
glasses.gif
glasses.gif
glasses.gif
glasses.gif
glasses.gif

PLUS - he doesn't even look at the camera when being interviewed by ET 
laugh.gif

"looks" for the sun, doesn't read the sign...

prefers to fight in dark to even out the playing field...

Book_of_Eli_trailer.jpg

"you smell that?..... its the ocean"

PRETTY OBVIOUS THE DUDE WAS BLIND!!! 
glasses.gif
glasses.gif
glasses.gif
glasses.gif
glasses.gif
glasses.gif
glasses.gif

PLUS - he doesn't even look at the camera when being interviewed by ET 
laugh.gif

Several other times he also peeks out through a window/etc, or speaks to someone approaching before they've ever made a sound. He also looks people dead in the eye when he speaks to them.

Exactly. Especially this scene.

Denzel looks at the caravan of bad guys pulling up on the old folks house, grabs Mila and runs back in the house.

I know he was blind, but that doesn't speak to it at all.

Several other times he also peeks out through a window/etc, or speaks to someone approaching before they've ever made a sound. He also looks people dead in the eye when he speaks to them.

Exactly. Especially this scene.

Denzel looks at the caravan of bad guys pulling up on the old folks house, grabs Mila and runs back in the house.

I know he was blind, but that doesn't speak to it at all.

some of yall are extremely slow or outright ******s. When you're blind or deaf your other senses heighten. Have you never interacted with a blind person? They look you dead in the eye when they sense you and feel for you.

some of yall are extremely slow or outright ******s. When you're blind or deaf your other senses heighten. Have you never interacted with a blind person? They look you dead in the eye when they sense you and feel for you.

Idk guys but the Gym I go to there is this blind dude, he walks around with a walking stick an all, the other day I saw him on his blackberry....$#!! blew my mind...don't doubt those other senses...

Idk guys but the Gym I go to there is this blind dude, he walks around with a walking stick an all, the other day I saw him on his blackberry....$#!! blew my mind...don't doubt those other senses...

wasnt it a scene in the movie where he realizes that the chicks mom is blind too....how did that go again, doesnt he acknowledge her being blind before she says anything?

wasnt it a scene in the movie where he realizes that the chicks mom is blind too....how did that go again, doesnt he acknowledge her being blind before she says anything?

^nah when she comes into the room, she says to him to make a noise so that she can know where to put the dish
the he asks her about it

the whole point of the movie was that "even if you follow the right path blindly, it will still be the right path no matter what."

God gave Eli Sight to complete his mission.
thats why he went back to being a "white eyed blind" when he was dictating the bible to the alcatraz printer.
then his mission was then passed on to Solara who went back to deliver the word.

^nah when she comes into the room, she says to him to make a noise so that she can know where to put the dish
the he asks her about it

the whole point of the movie was that "even if you follow the right path blindly, it will still be the right path no matter what."

God gave Eli Sight to complete his mission.
thats why he went back to being a "white eyed blind" when he was dictating the bible to the alcatraz printer.
then his mission was then passed on to Solara who went back to deliver the word.

Originally Posted by UnbornSeed

Are you really going to call people "******s" then make a sweeping generalization about everyone with a a visual or hearing disability?

Really?  "Have you never interacted with a blind person?"

For argument's sake, tell me something, UnbornSeed, when's the last time YOU interacted with a blind or deaf person.  Because the blind and deaf people I've known in my life tend to turn their good ear towards people they're speaking with.  I'm by no means insinuating that this is how all blind and/or deaf people behave, but I'm not out calling people ******s either...

Are you really going to call people "******s" then make a sweeping generalization about everyone with a a visual or hearing disability?

Really?  "Have you never interacted with a blind person?"

For argument's sake, tell me something, UnbornSeed, when's the last time YOU interacted with a blind or deaf person.  Because the blind and deaf people I've known in my life tend to turn their good ear towards people they're speaking with.  I'm by no means insinuating that this is how all blind and/or deaf people behave, but I'm not out calling people ******s either...

Have YOU interacted with a blind person
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Blind people don't act like Denzel in this movie, stop it.
laugh.gif

I accept the fact that he was blind according to the script, I always have that's not my argument. I'm laughing at people in here that are being insulting about it and acting like it was obvious. I've seen many movies with blind protagonists that were better executed.
ohwell.gif

Have YOU interacted with a blind person
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Blind people don't act like Denzel in this movie, stop it.
laugh.gif

I accept the fact that he was blind according to the script, I always have that's not my argument. I'm laughing at people in here that are being insulting about it and acting like it was obvious. I've seen many movies with blind protagonists that were better executed.
ohwell.gif

So let's just chalk it up to bad acting or direction in the movie, but I for one never said I knew he was blind the entire time, that's not even what I thought this thread was about.
Given what the OP asked, I figured the dispute was about, after the reveal in the end whether or not he was really blind or blind throughout the movie, not if the viewer knew it...

So let's just chalk it up to bad acting or direction in the movie, but I for one never said I knew he was blind the entire time, that's not even what I thought this thread was about.
Given what the OP asked, I figured the dispute was about, after the reveal in the end whether or not he was really blind or blind throughout the movie, not if the viewer knew it...

Back
Top Bottom