The Book Of Eli: *Question* && Whats your take on the film?

They should have ended it after they finished the bible. The whole part about her going back home with his blade and what not was stupid as hell.

if i remember correctly there is actually a scene in the middle of the movie where they briefly show his eyes and they are white like he has cataracts or sumthing. i seen blind peoples eyes and thats exactly how they look so right away i could tell he was blind. but come on in the end the bible is written in braille. and who reads braille? come on how could you think he wasnt blind......

if i remember correctly there is actually a scene in the middle of the movie where they briefly show his eyes and they are white like he has cataracts or sumthing. i seen blind peoples eyes and thats exactly how they look so right away i could tell he was blind. but come on in the end the bible is written in braille. and who reads braille? come on how could you think he wasnt blind......

It can be done!
daredevil.jpg

i always wondered ok.. when they shoot at him in the back. the bullets like bounce off him or something real weird but then when he stabs him be bleeds whats up with that

i always wondered ok.. when they shoot at him in the back. the bullets like bounce off him or something real weird but then when he stabs him be bleeds whats up with that

Originally Posted by ThatDudeChris

I thought the shots just miss him or graze his shirt.
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by ThatDudeChris

I thought the shots just miss him or graze his shirt.
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by papageorgeo

He moved pretty good for a blind person I must say.

I walk by faith not by sight
pimp.gif

I seriously thought dude was regurgitating biblical rhetoric. Eli had that double entendre
eek.gif

The same people who claim to know he was blind are the same people who claim they new Borden had a double in The Prestige
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by papageorgeo

He moved pretty good for a blind person I must say.

I walk by faith not by sight
pimp.gif

I seriously thought dude was regurgitating biblical rhetoric. Eli had that double entendre
eek.gif

The same people who claim to know he was blind are the same people who claim they new Borden had a double in The Prestige
eyes.gif

i didnt realize he was blind. because how did he know when dude pulled out a gun on him after the old people had those graves in the back...how did he know those were graves. i have to watch it again. i thought it was a great movie. denzel is such a great actor. when he got shot in the stomach...that whole scene to me was just like 
eek.gif

i didnt realize he was blind. because how did he know when dude pulled out a gun on him after the old people had those graves in the back...how did he know those were graves. i have to watch it again. i thought it was a great movie. denzel is such a great actor. when he got shot in the stomach...that whole scene to me was just like 
eek.gif

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Originally Posted by RoOk

Discussing it with friends, for those who have watched the film, did you come to the conclusion that he was blind?

I would like to know ya' input on this because I believe he was (Looking at the clues in the movie) but many swear he wasn't.
Those that question if he was blind are or not are a bunch of morons
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by calibeebee

he was blind. read the script. It says in the script that he was completely blind. /end blind discussion. Anyways I loved the movie. Very entertaining.

Originally Posted by Joe Cool23

Originally Posted by Nike Star Jay

a religious friend told me that he was blind and that he had theability to do all of those things because he was being "guided by thedivine" so he can deliver the package to the right place 
nerd.gif
This is the right answer. I could give you examples if the movie was still fresh on my mind.
tired.gif

I thought it had to deal with him being able to stare into the sun and knowing that the sun rises in the east, and sets in the west. I caught on to the fact he was blind very early so that helped.

Not saying any of you are wrong, (although you are) but this is more so a case of shoddy writing and directing, butttt

Several times during the film he stares at something and assesses what's going on just off the strength of SEEING it happen.

For instance: when (from high up on the bridge) he sees the motorcycle gang murder and rape that traveling couple.  He later sees the leader of the gang enter the bar he is in and tenses up, before he ever interacts with the leader (so it can't be said something else, like the sound of his voice gave it away)that man on the road" or something along those lines.

Several other times he also peeks out through a window/etc, or speaks to someone approaching before they've ever made a sound.  He also looks people dead in the eye when he speaks to them.

You could tell he was blind because he looks at the sun to tell time?  Really?  I didn't realize blind people could see light.  He clearly peeks out of windows at things all movie long.

Based off the writing/directing/portrayals of the character, it doesn't matter what it might say in the script, Denzel was not blind.  He just knew how to read braille. (He says as much, in that he spent years learning and memorizing the book)
and he tells the leader "you're the one who murdered

Discussing it with friends, for those who have watched the film, did you come to the conclusion that he was blind?

I would like to know ya' input on this because I believe he was (Looking at the clues in the movie) but many swear he wasn't.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
30t6p3b.gif

he was blind. read the script. It says in the script that he was completely blind. /end blind discussion. Anyways I loved the movie. Very entertaining.

a religious friend told me that he was blind and that he had theability to do all of those things because he was being "guided by thedivine" so he can deliver the package to the right place 
nerd.gif
This is the right answer. I could give you examples if the movie was still fresh on my mind.
tired.gif

I thought it had to deal with him being able to stare into the sun and knowing that the sun rises in the east, and sets in the west. I caught on to the fact he was blind very early so that helped.

Not saying any of you are wrong, (although you are) but this is more so a case of shoddy writing and directing, butttt

Several times during the film he stares at something and assesses what's going on just off the strength of SEEING it happen.

For instance: when (from high up on the bridge) he sees the motorcycle gang murder and rape that traveling couple.  He later sees the leader of the gang enter the bar he is in and tenses up, before he ever interacts with the leader (so it can't be said something else, like the sound of his voice gave it away)that man on the road" or something along those lines.

Several other times he also peeks out through a window/etc, or speaks to someone approaching before they've ever made a sound.  He also looks people dead in the eye when he speaks to them.

You could tell he was blind because he looks at the sun to tell time?  Really?  I didn't realize blind people could see light.  He clearly peeks out of windows at things all movie long.

Based off the writing/directing/portrayals of the character, it doesn't matter what it might say in the script, Denzel was not blind.  He just knew how to read braille. (He says as much, in that he spent years learning and memorizing the book)

Originally Posted by Nako XL

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
30t6p3b.gif

a religious friend told me that he was blind and that he had the ability to do all of those things because he was being "guided by the divine" so he can deliver the package to the right place 
nerd.gif
tired.gif

Not saying any of you are wrong, more so shoddy writing and directing, butttt

He was blind fam, thats why they showed his eyes up close at the end when he was quoting the scripture.  He read the bible everyday to memorization and he knew he had to complete his mission God put him on.  That's why the movie is called The Book of Eli, it's his story of allowing the Word of God to exist in the new world.

Originally Posted by Nako XL

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
30t6p3b.gif

a religious friend told me that he was blind and that he had the ability to do all of those things because he was being "guided by the divine" so he can deliver the package to the right place 
nerd.gif
tired.gif

Not saying any of you are wrong, more so shoddy writing and directing, butttt

He was blind fam, thats why they showed his eyes up close at the end when he was quoting the scripture.  He read the bible everyday to memorization and he knew he had to complete his mission God put him on.  That's why the movie is called The Book of Eli, it's his story of allowing the Word of God to exist in the new world.

This thread is
roll.gif

Yo it's obvious dude was blind, yall are idiots.............really???
laugh.gif

Blind or not, or having the assistance of God....dude could clearly see
laugh.gif
 and he was terrible at emulating the mannerisms of a blind man.

This thread is
roll.gif

Yo it's obvious dude was blind, yall are idiots.............really???
laugh.gif

Blind or not, or having the assistance of God....dude could clearly see
laugh.gif
 and he was terrible at emulating the mannerisms of a blind man.

Yeah i think people are dissecting every single little scene a little too much

They showed his eyes at the end.....his bible was in braile....he was blind relax no reason to feel deceived.

Yeah i think people are dissecting every single little scene a little too much

They showed his eyes at the end.....his bible was in braile....he was blind relax no reason to feel deceived.

Back
Top Bottom