The Book Of Eli: *Question* && Whats your take on the film?

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

I don't remember him trying to smash Mila Kunis once in that movie. He was either blind or gay.
laugh.gif
you have a point there sir
a religious friend told me that he was blind and that he had the ability to do all of those things because he was being "guided by the divine" so he can deliver the package to the right place 
nerd.gif

StaXX wrote:
Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Originally Posted by RoOk

Discussing it with friends, for those who have watched the film, did you come to the conclusion that he was blind?

I would like to know ya' input on this because I believe he was (Looking at the clues in the movie) but many swear he wasn't.
Those that question if he was blind are not are a bunch of morons
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
30t6p3b.gif
Huh?

*or not
I'm sorry and slightly embarrassed
frown.gif
apparently I am the moron

StaXX wrote:

Discussing it with friends, for those who have watched the film, did you come to the conclusion that he was blind?

I would like to know ya' input on this because I believe he was (Looking at the clues in the movie) but many swear he wasn't.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
30t6p3b.gif
Huh?

*or not
I'm sorry and slightly embarrassed
frown.gif
apparently I am the moron

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
30t6p3b.gif
We have a winner......

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
30t6p3b.gif
We have a winner......

Okay, Can somebody break it down for me. Like I Feel he's blind but watching some scenes its hard to imagine that he was. Like fighting scenes and the cat scene in the beginning.

I'll wait for that one NT'er who explains it 100%

Okay, Can somebody break it down for me. Like I Feel he's blind but watching some scenes its hard to imagine that he was. Like fighting scenes and the cat scene in the beginning.

Originally Posted by Nike Star Jay

a religious friend told me that he was blind and that he had theability to do all of those things because he was being "guided by thedivine" so he can deliver the package to the right place 
nerd.gif
This is the right answer. I could give you examples if the movie was still fresh on my mind.
tired.gif

I thought it had to deal with him being able to stare into the sun and knowing that the sun rises in the east, and sets in the west. I caught on to the fact he was blind very early so that helped.

Originally Posted by Nike Star Jay

a religious friend told me that he was blind and that he had theability to do all of those things because he was being "guided by thedivine" so he can deliver the package to the right place 
nerd.gif
This is the right answer. I could give you examples if the movie was still fresh on my mind.
tired.gif

I thought it had to deal with him being able to stare into the sun and knowing that the sun rises in the east, and sets in the west. I caught on to the fact he was blind very early so that helped.

people on here say they could tell he was blind throughout the movie but im not gonna lie, i didnt know til the end

people on here say they could tell he was blind throughout the movie but im not gonna lie, i didnt know til the end

well it's a post a apocalyptic setting so I would imagine everyone smelled like %#%! with the limited water supply
he smelled the guys trying to set him up with the shopping cart before they even came out.

i'm guessing he smelled the cat or heard it moving on the bar, then it hissed at him when he tried to shoo it

he could feel or hear the movement of the caravan when they were coming after him, when they were still far off

he probably felt the movements of the guys circling him before they attacked.

he tells Solara that he is guided by faith, not by sight or something liking that, when she asked if he knew the direction they were going

well it's a post a apocalyptic setting so I would imagine everyone smelled like %#%! with the limited water supply
he smelled the guys trying to set him up with the shopping cart before they even came out.

i'm guessing he smelled the cat or heard it moving on the bar, then it hissed at him when he tried to shoo it

he could feel or hear the movement of the caravan when they were coming after him, when they were still far off

he probably felt the movements of the guys circling him before they attacked.

he tells Solara that he is guided by faith, not by sight or something liking that, when she asked if he knew the direction they were going

People are really disputing the fact he was blind? really?

Even though its a MOVIE, and im pretty sure it would be next to impossible to do all he did in real life here is my take on it:

They say that once you lose one of your senses, the others are heightened exponentially. You can see this in the movie. He had an acute sense of smell, hearing, and touching. Plus he said he had been on the journey for 30 years so he had enough time to hone his skills pretty well.

Everything got put into perspective immediately once i saw that the book was written in braille.

People are really disputing the fact he was blind? really?

Even though its a MOVIE, and im pretty sure it would be next to impossible to do all he did in real life here is my take on it:

They say that once you lose one of your senses, the others are heightened exponentially. You can see this in the movie. He had an acute sense of smell, hearing, and touching. Plus he said he had been on the journey for 30 years so he had enough time to hone his skills pretty well.

Everything got put into perspective immediately once i saw that the book was written in braille.

How did ya'll not know he was blind by like half-way?!

30t6p3b.gif

Man I wonder if ya'll really watched the thing.

How did ya'll not know he was blind by like half-way?!

30t6p3b.gif

Man I wonder if ya'll really watched the thing.

Book of Eli was a real good flick. Wish it woulda dropped later in the year. People forgot it even came out.
ohwell.gif

Book of Eli was a real good flick. Wish it woulda dropped later in the year. People forgot it even came out.
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom