The Bicycle Thread

welp copped a new fork, this one has over 8 inches of steerer tube so i should be good.

plus its a fox with orange/gold stanchions :evil:

i jus wanna ride it man, rode my buddys full suspension bike today on this fun trail and i cannot wait to hit some more trails.

You should be able to sell the old one for something too - you have a reasonable head tube so it will fit a lot of smaller bikes.

I also found another fork but it has 150mm of travel

I feel like that is too much for a hard tail no?
kdawg kdawg

I think for an xc bike 120mm is fine, plus idk if my frame can handle 150mm forks.

You’ve got me there - I can build them but when it comes to riding I’m a roadie (and a bit of ‘cross and bmx). My mtb knowledge is 20 years out of date.

D3FA67EB-8D52-42B3-9402-FCDBBBC4263F.jpeg
Best I could do today due to the air quality, plus riding with a mask sucks.

The one I was listening to was the Cycling Tips Nerd Alert one - basically tech stuff.

I really enjoy the STV Tour de France podcast - it’s the commentary team for the UK broadcast and pretty silly.

The main 2 guys also do one called “never strays far” which is a similar format.

been working outside this afternoon and a random podcast came on - discussing modern mtb geometry. Apparently 120mm is the sweet spot.
yeah from my research that is the sweet spot for a hard tail too.

as long as i can enjoy regular trails then ill be happy

Here's my boy's bike who got me into fixed gear riding in the first place, he's had this frame for like 6 years now

Affinity Kissena Aero Track frame
H+Son Archetype rims
Shimano Dura Ace HB7600 track hubs
Sram Omnium crankset
Izumi V track chain
Shimano Dura Ace cog
Specialized Power saddle

Don't know more details cause he's always changing his setup

IMG-20200908-WA0001.jpg

Finally got my XLab bottle holder. This thing is sturdy as hell and this bottle isn’t going anywhere. Finally got the okay to go riding too so hopefully I’ll get some miles in this week.
268B7489-46D8-434F-9386-7D6F6D982B55.jpeg
I was going to ask why you haven't installed your brifters yet but I think I figured it out :lol:

Here's my boy's bike who got me into fixed gear riding in the first place, he's had this frame for like 6 years now

Affinity Kissena Aero Track frame
H+Son Archetype rims
Shimano Dura Ace HB7600 track hubs
Sram Omnium crankset
Izumi V track chain
Shimano Dura Ace cog
Specialized Power saddle

Don't know more details cause he's always changing his setup

IMG-20200908-WA0001.jpg
Nice! Looks like a fun bike.

I was thinking Archetypes but got a good deal on the TB14's. All good, the look works out for the classic steel frame style.

Cant wait to just throw on the fattest tires and just cruise around PDX. Never ever considered a SS/Fix but man something about seeing them here in PDX got me into it.

I was going to ask why you haven't installed your brifters yet but I think I figured it out :lol:
Dude. I am like a fake fixie guy. I tried doing no breaks and couldn’t skid for anything for some reason. So i got a hand break and just made life easier for me. I mean to be honest, this bike doesn’t go out much anymore but this was my first build and I doubt I’ll never sell it.

I am tempted for some odd reason to build another bike. Trying to find an old steel Bianchi bike on Craigslist and just make like a retro bike.

Dude. I am like a fake fixie guy. I tried doing no breaks and couldn’t skid for anything for some reason. So i got a hand break and just made life easier for me. I mean to be honest, this bike doesn’t go out much anymore but this was my first build and I doubt I’ll never sell it.

I am tempted for some odd reason to build another bike. Trying to find an old steel Bianchi bike on Craigslist and just make like a retro bike.
:lol: I see the front brake now.

I think it's a blessing I don't have much space right now, otherwise I would be trying to build more bikes too.

Wow didn't know there was cycling thread, glad I stumbled upon it. Upgraded to a new road/endruance bike a week ago (2021 Giant Contend AR 1)

ycsrdnwkiql51.jpg

This makes me cringe.

Don't lean your frame like that. You will scratch it! Lean it with the handlebars or your tire's rubber. Please, please, don't ever lean it with your frame.

Finally copped my SS/Fixie bike build off a local CL. Surly Steamroller in Meth Teeth (wild *** name for paint :lol:). Frame isnt perfect from being used, but it works for me. Putting some H+Son built wheels sets on em.

Can't wait to ride once this smoke clears up.
Surly be coming up with the most outrageous color way names, but that seems to be pretty on brand for them. Always keeping it light and fun

Any tips for a SS build? Parts and components to look at? Going to start sorting parts this weekend

got the “need bike now, learn later” ride at the shop currently

Back
Top Bottom