The Bicycle Thread

Ok dope , will peruse the thread and look for that info - I posted late at night , I normally do a quick search before asking

Definitely focused on biking the riverbed/city streets (not crazy long distance - yet) . Short commutes round the neighborhood/city -> long trips down the line is the goal . I trained for the LA marathon by running up and down the riverbed in 2016 and always seen folks riding there my whole life - fixies , road bikes , cruisers and all other sorts . kind of piqued my interest in a snowball fashion starting then and leading up to this year . bikes have most def spiked in popularity due to the quarantine situation

aiming towards a standard fixie , been watching some videos of folks hauling *** & doing that skid stop - reminds me of power sliding on my board . I’m intrigued & I wanna learn !

gonna do my research and report back
Sounds like you should go with a hybrid:fitness/commuter
It’ll serve you for longer adventures down the road.

Just check out John Cardiel videos with him riding a bike. He makes it look super cool especially if you are a skater.

Cardiel’s story is nuts - dude is 100% all systems go and ready to take off at anytime . . so hype !

you reminded me about his venture into biking/ fixies - will be doing a deep dive soon .

p.s. Your bike+pics are on point my man

Sounds like you should go with a hybrid:fitness/commuter
It’ll serve you for longer adventures down the road.

will look into it ! gonna begin by researching some fixie stuff to start but I will keep lookout for some hybrids as well , appreciate all your help .

Why don't you? lol

Do you get paid for any of your photography? You should.
Not at all. I grew up doing tons of art and unfortunately this is sort of the last creative thing I am doing at my older age. I’ve always coveted photography as strictly a hobby and never for money. I’ve done pro bono stuff for friends and family and it honestly sort of makes me hate shooting. So I try and keep it to just what I want to shoot only and I am still super into it even after 10 years of getting my first camera. Plus my day job thankfully pays the bills so this hobby sort of just counterbalances that terrible corporate life.

Not at all. I grew up doing tons of art and unfortunately this is sort of the last creative thing I am doing at my older age. I’ve always coveted photography as strictly a hobby and never for money. I’ve done pro bono stuff for friends and family and it honestly sort of makes me hate shooting. So I try and keep it to just what I want to shoot only and I am still super into it even after 10 years of getting my first camera. Plus my day job thankfully pays the bills so this hobby sort of just counterbalances that terrible corporate life.
i thought u worked for a magazine :lol:

ur stuff poops on some pros mane

love seeing ur work

Been watching vids of these dudes bomb these steep, long *** hills at 50mph at it looks fun. Then I wonder how the hell they get back to the top.

Been watching vids of these dudes bomb these steep, long *** hills at 50mph at it looks fun. Then I wonder how the hell they get back to the top.
this one guy i forgot his name, hes from socal

he has his buddy in the car following him down the hill and recording

going downhill is so fun but man that risk of a crash is real lol

Another way to do it is with the buddy system and two cars. Have one of the riders park their car at the bottom and then load up both bikes in the other car (car B) and drive to the top. Once you finish your descent, you'll reach the car parked at the bottom (car A) and drive up to the top to retrieve the other car (car B).

IMG_0545.jpg

Just passed 1000 miles on my Specialized Tarmac that I got in June.

How Sway?!!!! You ride every single day?

this one guy i forgot his name, hes from socal

he has his buddy in the car following him down the hill and recording

going downhill is so fun but man that risk of a crash is real lol

SAFA Brian, he's also been featured on Terry B's channel

That's great. Being able to enjoy your hobby without having to worry about monetizing it or doing it how somebody else wants you to do it.

Thanks for sharing your pics on here.

That's great. Being able to enjoy your hobby without having to worry about monetizing it or doing it how somebody else wants you to do it.

Thanks for sharing your pics on here.
Some people would say I am dumb for not doing it as a side job but the photography industry was hit hard from Covid in California. From what I know, the decent paying photography gig was shooting weddings and that has since been shut down. Print medium is dead and perhaps social media photographers are doing the best but that is a super saturated market with not everyone getting paid a lot. So because of that, everyone is moving out of California cause cost of living sucks out here.

Some people would say I am dumb for not doing it as a side job but the photography industry was hit hard from Covid in California. From what I know, the decent paying photography gig was shooting weddings and that has since been shut down. Print medium is dead and perhaps social media photographers are doing the best but that is a super saturated market with not everyone getting paid a lot. So because of that, everyone is moving out of California cause cost of living sucks out here.
to me it's like the difference between biking for fun (like most of us do) or being a delivery boy who has to take food on his bike.

plus I've heard wedding photography can be a real PITA. you're always rushed, can't frame shots how you'd like, and usually the bride or the in-laws are yelling at you because it's not exactly how they wanted it. if you can differentiate yourself as a photographer, it can be good, but that's really hard to do, especially with how saturated it is.

Can anybody tell me what i'm doing wrong?

I'm swapping out the tubes and tires on my old wheelset and installing it on the new one. But the damn tire doesn't wanna go around the outer edge of the rim. 🤦🏽‍♂️

IMG_20200908_221126.jpg

IMG_20200908_223726.jpg

Yeah. What they said. When I changed tubes on my tires a month ago, took me like an hour. But definitely need two tire levers to get them on.

It's so difficult to ride anymore, gents. 😬🙃🤦‍♂️ And I think I'm going to try to start getting 2 rides in a day, by getting a ride in before work starting tomorrow morning. It's getting more and more difficult, but you guys are out here riding 2, 2.5, 3 hours.

Today:

20200908_223040.jpg

20200908_181849.jpg

And because it's NT, here are my OG Trainer Huarache... that you can definitely tell are originals:

20200908_194258.jpg

-foe

Can anybody tell me what i'm doing wrong?

I'm swapping out the tubes and tires on my old wheelset and installing it on the new one. But the damn tire doesn't wanna go around the outer edge of the rim. 🤦🏽‍♂️

IMG_20200908_221126.jpg

IMG_20200908_223726.jpg

For the last part of the tire that doesn't want to go around the wheel, I'd use your hands and "roll". I never use a tire lever for that.

Fast forward to 5:15 if you just want to see the last portion. Works for me every time.

Back
Top Bottom