The Bicycle Thread

The main downside of a bottle behind your saddle is that it’s easy to get it covered in muck. You can get bottles with a cover though so you don’t have to put it in your mouth.
Damn......I didn't even think about that. I mean I am usually on the streets anyways but still something to think about.

Do you and customize YOUR bike to YOUR taste, it's you who rides it at the end of the day
Yeah....I do but additional input is helpful. This is a new sport for me so I like hearing people's opinions. I do think I am just going to get it though. I bought last week a version where you get a bracket and just any bottle cage and you can attach it to your saddle but it didn't fit. and looked like it wouldn't have beens old. So XLab has a 25% sale going on and I am just going to get the one below. Looks solid and head bottles never fall out. Just way more expensive than your average cage setup.

delta-400-gorilla-xt.jpg

Only issue I have seen aside from dirt, is the size of bottle. A buddy of mine had something similar and the cage could hold his 24, but on bigger or jumpier bumps would launch his bottle.

105E3D54-1AD9-4529-A58D-278B610111ED.jpeg

painted that cannondale frame and got the bottom bracket plus cranks installed.

i think ima either add some neon green or orange stripes just for the heck of it.

I have a fork and group set with wheels on the way.

need to order headset bracket, headset, bars and grips, seat (might go for dropper) and maybe some brakes to finish it off.... i think i might be missing stuff

105E3D54-1AD9-4529-A58D-278B610111ED.jpeg

painted that cannondale frame and got the bottom bracket plus cranks installed.

i think ima either add some neon green or orange stripes just for the heck of it.

I have a fork and group set with wheels on the way.

need to order headset bracket, headset, bars and grips, seat (might go for dropper) and maybe some brakes to finish it off.... i think i might be missing stuff
Sick. What was your painting process and materials used?

i just wiped the frame down with soap and water and taped off some stuff

then i used this rustoleum peel coat matte black

have it about 5 coats
then 2 coats of the gloss finish coat

i actually wish I had made a video smh but i forgot too

An online buddy of mine spray painted his leader. Not sure about the process but he got one of those sticker machines at some craft store and has been using it on his bike and they have been looking dope.

I always heard though spraying your bike is a real hit and miss. Not sure how they do it at the factories but I just heard they never hold up as strong. Of course your bike is supposed to get beat up so who cares but during the fixie era where everyone was making them look cool, people were spending top dollar to get their bikes sprayed only to get them messed up real fast.

I just got one of those Cricut machines - been cutting vinyl and sticking it to everything I can think of.

My Trek winter bike has a a few scrapes and chips so I’ve been wanting to do it for a while - I think I’ll do a solid black or white base and then cut patterns for it. I always liked this too:

1599421047751.jpeg

It is hard to get as good a finish as a factory painter - but you need a lot of gear to do that. The prep is really important and you want a good clear coat on the top. The spray.bike stuff gets a good name for being easy to apply - not sure how long it lasts though

i didnt wanna do anything to prep andthe frame was brand new so i just wiped it down and applied the removable coating.

I also wanted it cuz i am rough on my bike, i dont use a bike rack i just throw them in my truck so this will add some protection

Can anybody point me in the right direction for beginner cycling resources ? Simple bare bones type stuff ; websites , YouTube channels or PDF/books . Starter bicycle recs would be very helpful as well , got a good chunk of $ saved for it

Grew up skating but always wanted to learn about this world - the itch has grown stronger during quarantine . Got the LA Riverbed right behind me , want to start hitting it up .

any help would be greatly appreciated , thanks

Can anybody point me in the right direction for beginner cycling resources ? Simple bare bones type stuff ; websites , YouTube channels or PDF/books . Starter bicycle recs would be very helpful as well , got a good chunk of $ saved for it

Grew up skating but always wanted to learn about this world - the itch has grown stronger during quarantine . Got the LA Riverbed right behind me , want to start hitting it up .

any help would be greatly appreciated , thanks
I think a couple of pages back someone put up some good info for beginners.
First thing you have to ask yourself is what type of riding will you do.
Long distance on roads = road bike
Off road, trails = Mountain bike
City riding, commuting and light bike paths = Hybrid

Most beginners go with hybrids. Don’t need anything more than $1k for that. 600-800 should be the sweet spot.

Ok dope , will peruse the thread and look for that info - I posted late at night , I normally do a quick search before asking

Definitely focused on biking the riverbed/city streets (not crazy long distance - yet) . Short commutes round the neighborhood/city -> long trips down the line is the goal . I trained for the LA marathon by running up and down the riverbed in 2016 and always seen folks riding there my whole life - fixies , road bikes , cruisers and all other sorts . kind of piqued my interest in a snowball fashion starting then and leading up to this year . bikes have most def spiked in popularity due to the quarantine situation

aiming towards a standard fixie , been watching some videos of folks hauling *** & doing that skid stop - reminds me of power sliding on my board . I’m intrigued & I wanna learn !

gonna do my research and report back

Ok dope , will peruse the thread and look for that info - I posted late at night , I normally do a quick search before asking

Definitely focused on biking the riverbed/city streets (not crazy long distance - yet) . Short commutes round the neighborhood/city -> long trips down the line is the goal . I trained for the LA marathon by running up and down the riverbed in 2016 and always seen folks riding there my whole life - fixies , road bikes , cruisers and all other sorts . kind of piqued my interest in a snowball fashion starting then and leading up to this year . bikes have most def spiked in popularity due to the quarantine situation

aiming towards a standard fixie , been watching some videos of folks hauling *** & doing that skid stop - reminds me of power sliding on my board . I’m intrigued & I wanna learn !

gonna do my research and report back
Just check out John Cardiel videos with him riding a bike. He makes it look super cool especially if you are a skater.

Shot some more photos of my bike for fun last night since the Bay Area has record breaking heat past couple of days. Being out at night at midnight was rather relaxing. Wish Bianchi would just pay me to do this. Haha.

Bianchi+Aria+1.jpg

Bianchi+Aria+2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom