The Bicycle Thread

Has anybody in the Bay Area rode over the Golden Gate Bridge into Sausalito? Trying to plan a bike ride for my homies birthday. Him and his wife have been actively biking lately and thought that would be a nice scenic route. Mainly checking to see if it’s doable on a single speed bike.
Yup! its a nice ride. If you go from Sausalito to SF there are less climbs if I remember correctly so on a single speed much easier.

From SF to Sausalito there are more climbs. I used to ride it by taking the ferry from Vallejo then ride from there to Sausalito and back. Definitely doable on a single speed if your used to it

Honestly there isn't. I think thats whats making me excited about this pandemic and the growing interests in more urban communities. Hell it made me dust off my bike and get back on the saddle. I never had aspirations to race or anything though, I just loved riding bikes since I was a kid.

I have definitely grown sour of cycling a few times because of the "demographic". A lot of guys into cycling are just in it to show off their money no different than the car scene. Then theres the group that rides no matter what they're on. And that group is growing, which I love. Too many gatekeepers
That sucks. I’d imagine Walnut Creek to be that crappy bike scene. I at least know Orinda is. Other parts like Oakland, SF and Berkeley seem fine. Funny is skateboarding is sort of like this but the opposite way. If you flaunt like you have money, core skaters will just hate you. I guess all these different sports have their love and hate.

Has anybody in the Bay Area rode over the Golden Gate Bridge into Sausalito? Trying to plan a bike ride for my homies birthday. Him and his wife have been actively biking lately and thought that would be a nice scenic route. Mainly checking to see if it’s doable on a single speed bike.

I literally just did this ride a few weeks ago the day after the thunderstorms. Once you get into Sausalito, you’ll definitely need to attack some hills, especially on your return back into SF. My buddy had a hybrid bike and couldn’t make it in so he walked most of it.

with that said, do it bro. The views are breath taking.
2A92C824-AFF9-4E9E-9AD4-B2ACF1575007.jpeg

Last edited:
Any recommendations on a good work stand on the lower end of the budget? I have an old spin doctor and I HATE IT. Had it for like 10 years now and just make it work. Usually I just throw on my hitch rack and prop my bike up.

Basically a rip off of the park tool or any bike shop work stand but for at home pricing :nerd:

That sucks. I’d imagine Walnut Creek to be that crappy bike scene. I at least know Orinda is. Other parts like Oakland, SF and Berkeley seem fine. Funny is skateboarding is sort of like this but the opposite way. If you flaunt like you have money, core skaters will just hate you. I guess all these different sports have their love and hate.
Yea I would hate to just put WC in one group and judge all bikers and call it crappy. But it is excessively boujie.

Not going to lie I dig the Portland bike scene. Theres a pocket for everyone. Im sure there is in every city, just felt easier to find here.

I wanna paint my carbon frame that im building

Any ideas for color schemes or if i should leave the brand name on there or tape over it?

I was thinking of neon green &orange with purple speckling and a shiny clear coat,maybe matte not 100% decided yet.

I wanna paint my carbon frame that im building

Any ideas for color schemes or if i should leave the brand name on there or tape over it?

I was thinking of neon green &orange with purple speckling and a shiny clear coat,maybe matte not 100% decided yet.

this is for the Cannondale?

Anyone ride with a top tube/stem back? Trying to decide between getting one or either a half frame bag or handlebar bag. My only issue is that I’ve heard that top tube bags can interfere with pedaling as it might rub your knee form time to time.

Kind of depends on the bag i guess. Before me getting a saddle bag, I was considering a top tube one just so i can put more in and even a mini pump. What oddly convinced me not to is just cause i didn’t see one bike in my model that had that look. I know that’s dumb but I’ve been pretty much getting parts that other Bianchi riders are getting.

This is a skaters bike that has bags galore. Seems like the top tube bag could be an inconvenience but i guess it depends on your body and how you ride.

I literally just did this ride a few weeks ago the day after the thunderstorms. Once you get into Sausalito, you’ll definitely need to attack some hills, especially on your return back into SF. My buddy had a hybrid bike and couldn’t make it in so he walked most of it.

with that said, do it bro. The views are breath taking.
2A92C824-AFF9-4E9E-9AD4-B2ACF1575007.jpeg

HANDSOME

Kind of depends on the bag i guess. Before me getting a saddle bag, I was considering a top tube one just so i can put more in and even a mini pump. What oddly convinced me not to is just cause i didn’t see one bike in my model that had that look. I know that’s dumb but I’ve been pretty much getting parts that other Bianchi riders are getting.

This is a skaters bike that has bags galore. Seems like the top tube bag could be an inconvenience but i guess it depends on your body and how you ride.

I have a top tube bag from rockbros on amazon. I like it for the most part. The straps are a bit long for my frame but I wrap them up an extra time to get the slack out. The bag isnt intrusive as long as you strap it down so it doesnt swing side to side.

To add to dumb questions, what are people’s opinions on rear saddle bottle cages? There are sales going on right now for Labor Day and wondered if I should get one for my fixie. I do like hydration when I bike but obviously it makes the bike look odd but I am not trying to drill into the frame. Like I said, dumb question.

B6443E35-B23F-42C1-B086-9B2A99FFDA5E.jpeg

Fong$tarr Fong$tarr ^naw no dumb questions fam. for ME, if it works for what I want or need I do it. if its what youre looking for or need just cop. You will know right away usually if you like it or if it works for you. I try not to modify frames unless absolutely necessary so I like accessories like that.

To add to dumb questions, what are people’s opinions on rear saddle bottle cages? There are sales going on right now for Labor Day and wondered if I should get one for my fixie. I do like hydration when I bike but obviously it makes the bike look odd but I am not trying to drill into the frame. Like I said, dumb question.

B6443E35-B23F-42C1-B086-9B2A99FFDA5E.jpeg

Do you and customize YOUR bike to YOUR taste, it's you who rides it at the end of the day

i actually wanna keep the forks i bought matte black.

yes sir, i love colors and the current scheme isnt doing it for me

See if you or someone you know can use PS to paint the color scheme you're referring to. Sometimes what we picture in our heads looks good but when we actually see it, it doesn't look as good (or may even look better). I'm sure someone on here can do it for you quickly.

The main downside of a bottle behind your saddle is that it’s easy to get it covered in muck. You can get bottles with a cover though so you don’t have to put it in your mouth.

The main downside of a bottle behind your saddle is that it’s easy to get it covered in muck. You can get bottles with a cover though so you don’t have to put it in your mouth.
Man THIS. But all bottles usually get some type of dirt on it. I hit a trail yday, and dam every time I took a sip I also took a swig of dirt.

kdawg you have any training regiments to increase avg speed/power output?

I usually just set a distance or a route ive done before and see if I can beat it or do it by a certain time. I have no specifics. I was a much stronger rider before covid but I did Crossfit 5xWeek

Back
Top Bottom