The "beast" in the book of revelations is Catholicism

A friend of mine wrote this, I thought I'd share it. I'm not religious but I found this to be pretty interesting. Also anti in the bible means 'inplace of', that should help this article make more sense.

For starters, the word "christ" is a transliteration of the hebrew word mashiach, or messiah, which means anointed.

second, the anti-messiah has BEEN around. ever consider catholicism and the pope?

the pope proclaims himself to be an intercessor between god and man. the bible says jesus is the only intercessor between god and man.

the pope claims to heal sin. the bible says only god can heal sin. the pope claims to make saints. the bible says only god makes saints. the pope calls himself the holy father, the bible says god is the holy father.

and i can go on and on...but fact remains, there is NO bigger link between the anti-messiah, the beast of revelations, & the great harlot who sat on it than catholicism and the papacy. right down to the blasphemies & vestment.

even in revelations 13:17 where it says "here is for the mind that has wisdom, calculate the number of his name, for it is the number of a man"...well, the roman alphabet has a numerical value for each letter... now try and guess what vicarius filii dei, the official title given to the pope calculates to- 666

btw, wanna guess who created the transliteration of the name mashiach???

here's a couple...

Revelations 17:9 ""Here is the mind which has wisdom. The seven heads are seven hills on which the woman sits"

which city sits on seven hills? rome... and in which city can you find the vatican?

Revelations 17:3-4 " And he carried me away in the Spirit into a wilderness; and I saw a woman sitting on a scarlet beast, full of blasphemous names, having seven heads and ten horns.

The woman was clothed in purple and scarlet, and adorned with gold and precious stones and pearls, having in her hand a gold cup full of abominations and of the unclean things of her immorality."

cardinals%20and%20purple%20and%20scarlet.jpg

img_large_watermarked.jpg

the mark of the beast...

Revelations 13:16-17

"He causes all, the small and the great, the rich and the poor, and the free and the slave, to be given marks on their right hands, or on their foreheads;

and that no one would be able to buy or to sell, unless he has that mark, the name of the beast or the number of his name."

what hand does the pope use to "mark" people on the forehead with when he "blesses" them? the right...

and what does he mark them with? the sign of the cross.... what is the sign of the cross? the sign of jesus' resurrection? or his death.

and who uses the cross as their "mark" or "sign"? the catholic church.

Exodus 20:4-6

"Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I The Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate Me; And showing mercy unto thousands of them that love Me, and keep My Commandments"

of course, the catholic church always omits this commandment....i wonder why?

Daniel 7:16-17

"I came near unto one of them that stood by, and asked him the truth of all this. So he told me, and made me know the interpretation of the things.

These great beasts, which are four, are four kingdoms which shall arise out of the earth."

Daniel 7:23 "Thus he said, The fourth beast shall be the fourth kingdom upon earth, which shall be diverse from all kingdoms, and shall devour the whole earth, and shall tread it down, and break it in pieces."

the forth beast is described as being a combination of the previous three...the previous three were depicted as a lion, a bear, and a leopard.

the beast in revelations 13:

"The beast I saw was like a leopard, but it had feet like a bear's, and its mouth was like the mouth of a lion."

the beast in revelations 13 is the same beast found in daniel 7:23.

Also to add on to this, one thing he missed is when Catholics do that thing with the holy water and make the cross..the cross is upside down. Theyseem to like that tho...

upsidedowncrosscolorsmall.jpg

I would like to state that this is good Info from your friend.
If people only knew such things.

P.S.
Please lets keep the ignorance from this thread.
Much knowledge can be gained from this.

I'm Christian and i'll be the first to tell you, I've always had an issue with Catholicism. Your friend went in depth with a lot of stuff--things Ididn't even realize. But like I said, I've always had an issue with this faction of Christianity--especially regarding the fact that they worship thePOPE, not God, but the POPE as though he were God; a fact evidenced by the moniker, "His Holy Father" (something you already highlighted).

This is in addition to the fact that they build build "shrines" and worship the figurines of their so called patron "saints" in a mannercharacteristic of "idolatry"....

But yeah, Catholicism is very strange and blasphemous in my opinion. Good post OP

indifferent.gif

67o2tz.gif

Lmao, nobody worships the Pope or Saints. We worship God you idiot.

Your knowledge is inherently flawed and you sound like a hater.

Stick to bagging girls with can i hit it loser lines Cobra Kai. Stay in your lane. You can post all the gif's you want but you can't refute any of theessay. Truth hurts.
Lmao, nobody worships the Pope or Saints. We worship God you idiot.

Just because you don't pray to the Pope or the saints doesn't mean you don't worship them. Worship in religion isn't alwaysgetting on your knees and praying. I've been to a catholic church before, I seen it first hand.

Originally Posted by SuperAntigen

I'm Christian and i'll be the first to tell you, I've always had an issue with Catholicism. Your friend went in depth with a lot of stuff--things I didn't even realize. But like I said, I've always had an issue with that faction of Christianity--especially regarding the fact that they WORSHIP the POPE, not God, but the POPE and refer to him as the Holy Father, something you already highlighted. Furthermore, they build "shrines" and worship the figurines of their so called patron "saints" as though they were idols, "idolatry"....

But yeah, Catholicism is very strange and blasphemous in my opinion. Good post OP

Catholics dont worship the pope
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by sk23

I'm Christian and i'll be the first to tell you, I've always had an issue with Catholicism. Your friend went in depth with a lot of stuff--things I didn't even realize. But like I said, I've always had an issue with that faction of Christianity--especially regarding the fact that they WORSHIP the POPE, not God, but the POPE and refer to him as the Holy Father, something you already highlighted. Furthermore, they build "shrines" and worship the figurines of their so called patron "saints" as though they were idols, "idolatry"....

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
and we also don't worship saints.

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Keep thinking that. This is clearly yet one more example of people not really knowing what worship entails. And this is how people (in reference to Christians)get tricked into serving others but God. Keep thinking that bro...

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Keep thinking that. This is clearly yet one more example of people not really knowing what worship entails. And this is how people (in reference to Christians) get tricked into serving others but God. Keep thinking that bro...

ok
laugh.gif
im not e-argue

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Yeah, wth is he talking about? Nonetheless, I'mAnti-Religion[/color]
happy.gif

I grew up studying Bible prophecy so I learned at a young at that the first beast in Rev. 13 that arises out of the sea was the Roman papacy (Catholic church).I also believe that the second beast that arises out of the earch is the United States. In the last days, the bible states that there will be a union betweenthe Roman papacy and the United States, and they will seek to persecute God's people. For those that want to learn more about these topics, including theanti-Christ and the mark of the beast (666), here are a few video links (you can skip through the q and a's, as well as the musical performances). Just soyou know, my father was Catholic and I grew up going to Catholic schools, but with all the things I've learned, there was no denying the truth.

http://www.amazingfacts.org/Televis.../ctl/PlayMedia/mid/416/MDID/1196/Default.aspx

http://www.amazingfacts.org/Televis.../ctl/PlayMedia/mid/416/MDID/1197/Default.aspx

http://www.amazingfacts.org/Televis.../ctl/PlayMedia/mid/416/MDID/1198/Default.aspx

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Keep thinking that. This is clearly yet one more example of people not really knowing what worship entails. And this is how people (in reference to Christians) get tricked into serving others but God. Keep thinking that bro...

Exactly. Its not going to come as clear as a big sign saying worship this guy. But your character and little things you do build into it.
People get so caught up into impressing the pastor or "pope" and really worrying about how their seen in the church eyes instead of God's.

I'm kinda Roman Catholic and find this neat. Then again, I never thought scripture was supposed to be taken literally.

I doubt it. The book is originally written by Catholics. They're not going to put a story in the book that denounces the religion whether the story ismeant to be taken literally or not

[size=+2]Those who would defend Roman Catholicism persistently press the illogical and invalid assertion that the Roman cult neither teaches nor in fact practices worship of Mary. They argue that, as concerns Mary and the other ghosts in the RCC pantheon, worship does not mean worship and venerate does not mean worship and render homage does not mean worship and pray to does not mean worship and sacrifice to does not mean worship. Words can be used to convey many meanings, a fact the Magisterium has consistently used to its own purpose.[/size]

[size=+2]Regardless of what those who speak in Rome's cause may claim or of how they redefine word meanings, the Roman Catholic hierarchy indeed do foster mariolatry, worship of things and the spirits of the dead. When the Ladies' Sodality meets every night in the chapel to toll their beads and pray the Rosary, they are rendering worship to Mary. When a little old man struggles up to a statue of Mary and, falling to his knees before it, places coins in a box, lights a candle and offers prayers to her, that is worship. When a Blackrobed Benedictine oblate prays to St. Maurus and calls upon him to heal a dying child, he is not only praying to a spirit for a miracle but actually is rendering a low-level of worship. When the Catholic faithful genuflect or cross themselves when passing in front of the tabernacle where a consecrated host is kept, they might claim they are rendering honors to Christ, but the fact is they are paying homage to a cracker.[/size]

[size=+2]As one Christian theologian wrote:[/size]

[size=+2]"The same worship is rendered to Mary as to Christ. Churches are built to her honour; her shrines are crowded with devotees; enriched with their gifts; and adorned with their votive offerings. To her prayers are addressed as to a divine being, and blessing are asked as from one who has power to bestow them. Her votaries are taught to pray, 'Spare us, good Lady,' and 'From all evil, good Lady, deliver us.' Five annual festivals celebrate her greatness, and keep alive the devotion of her worshippers. In Roman Catholic countries the dawn is ushered in with hymns to her honour; her praises are again chanted at noon, and the day is closed with an Ave Maria sung to the Lady of Heaven." (James A. Wylie, The Papacy, London (1852) p. 370)[/size]

Back
Top Bottom