The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every team in the West is a threat as far as what?
Winning a round or two?

There are only 4 real threats to win the Chip(from the West), so no, not everybody is a threat.

By you're logic who are the 4. Guess I can eliminate the Grizz and Mavs since they didn't get out the 1st round last year huh?

The way I see it...you have 4 FAVORITES to come out the west. Spurs, Clippers, Grizz and Warriors (Thunder are in that convo if they can get to the playoffs). The remaining teams are absolute THREATS to those teams...being as they can absolutely win a series against the top 4 teams.

Every team in the West is a threat as far as what?
Winning a round or two?

There are only 4 real threats to win the Chip(from the West), so no, not everybody is a threat.

I'd say 5 as of right now

SA, MEM, GSW, DAL, HOU.

I personally think it'll come down to either GSW, MEM or DAL because it's tough to make it to 3 straight Finals and I don't trust that Rockets offense.

A lot can change, tho, it's only December.

PS: Don't get me started on this Clipper team. They're trash.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man Shaq is have Vince Cellini acting a fool (Shaqtin' a fool?) on GameTime.
laugh.gif

SA, MEM, GSW, DAL, HOU.

I personally think it'll come down to either GSW, MEM or DAL because it's tough to make it to 3 straight Finals and I don't trust that Rockets offense.

Houston and Dallas are threats, but the Clippers aren't? OK.

Me saying not every team is a threat isn't based off of who won in which round last year or any year.

It's me believing their is only 4 teams who could go all the way, period. 

Based purely off talent and team build/chemistry.

I think any team could beat any team in the West. ( in at least 1 round matchup, but that's it)

I only think 4 could beat all teams every round to win it all.

SA, Memphis, Dallas, OKC

Last edited:

SA, MEM, GSW, DAL, HOU.

I don't think you know what "trash" means.

SA, MEM, GSW, DAL, HOU.

I don't think you know what "trash" means.

I hate the Clippers but they are not trash :lol:

If you make the playoffs you earned it

SA, MEM, GSW, DAL, HOU.

Curious...how is this clipper team trash? They won 8/9 and are playing at an elite level offensively and defensively in that span. Team is what....13-5? After a slow start. I wouldn't sleep on them. Predict them to have a top 2 record by the end of the regular season.

Curious...how is this clipper team trash? They won 8/9 and are playing at an elite level offensively and defensively in that span. Team is what....13-5? After a slow start. I wouldn't sleep on them. Predict them to have a top 2 record by the end of the regular season.

And they've won those 8 games by an average margin of like 15 points.

SA, MEM, GSW, DAL, HOU.

Houston and Dallas are threats, but the Clippers aren't? OK.

Pg dominate teams traditionally don't win

Blake has to be Karl Malone and dj has to turn into kg for them to have a shot

Is this a question?
A statement?

I'm confused
Are you saying no team in the west is capable of beating your top 4 teams who you think are capable of winning the chip in a playoff series?

Thats false & that would be considered a threat
No I think any team in the West could knock out the other.

As the playoffs progressed though, there are only 4 who could continue to do this.

Any team can win 1 round, or even 2.

Only a few are a "threat to win it all'

"threat to win a round against a higher seed'

"threat to win every round no matter what"

Those 2 quotes above, aren't the same.

Last edited:
They aren't trash, but they aren't a threat to win a title w/ their current roster.

I don't think Houston is, either, honestly

I don't even know why I included them in my list now that I think about it, :lol:

I guess we can swap them for OKC, but I really can't see a team coached by Scott Brooks winning a chip.

That's probably an overstatement. They were a 2 minute meltdown away from being up 3-2 on OKC last year. They're right there.

That's probably an overstatement. They were a 2 minute meltdown away from being up 3-2 on OKC last year. They're right there.

That series was never a doubt going to end badly for the clippers
And warriors would have beat them if it weren't for that phantom foul cp3 got.

W/ all that said, I'm still hopeful that my guy CP3 shuts me up and leads them to a chip, because he's an amazing player.

Plus, the Ballmer celebration would be absolutely legendary.

Last edited by a moderator:
Clips win 6 outta 7. Beating CHA, DET, UTA, HOU, MIN, MIA and getting blown out by MEM and there supposed to be taken seriuosly? Yeah, ok.

well right there as in in position to move past the second round

then theres getting to the nba finals

then there's actually winning the finals

still a ways to go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom