The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
So MCW is averaging a triple double with 21 PPG in his last three.

He still gets zero respect on this site.

555322240.gif

just my take...seems like the same team from previous yrs, while their competition has improved their roster. when barnes and jj are your wings, i just cant take you seriously.

JJ is very capable. He got off to a slow start but he's flat out on fire now and is playing good D. They can become better at the 3..but all they need Matt Barnes to do is keep making off ball cuts..knock down open 3's...and defend.

Aside from the Spurs and OKC...ALL of these teams are virtually unproven by NT's standards. So to Vault the Warriors and Grizz into absolute contender talks, and say the Clips aren't in that stratosphere after 20 games is a bit premature IMO.

i think memphis would know clips out again. okc and sa are at the top. gsw was a healthy bogut away from beating the clips. heck, a healthy jermaine wouldve got the job done. any capable center would make deandre look pedestrian. w's bigs were straight depleted and deandre took adv

Grizz were contenders last year and the year before, and before though.

Just because NT finally woke up, doesn't mean the rest of us didn't already know.

Some still don't.

That's not what I said

But the clips are

They'll win plenty of regular season games. But they won't get it done in the playoffs. At least that's what history is telling us.

They've only been good for 3 yrs lol. They haven't advanced past the 1st round one time in that 3yr period. And have lost to the Spurs and Thunder in the 2nd round the other times. The only TRUE contenders in the West.

Nothing "AVERAGE" about that.

its not a clippers thing though

people are calling the rockets fools gold too, same with the mavs
Happens more with the Clippers though. And none of the top 8 teams from the West are "fools gold." They're all good teams. Just happens that the conference has a lot of really, really good teams.
i think it has a lot to do about the clippers actually being considered title contenders (by the media) while no one actually talks about the rockets or mavs having a shot at winning it all.

and all the chris paul hate that comes from the way he plays and the media hyping him up to be the perfect basketball player 

but yeah, lots of good teams in the west. but there's a reason OKC and the spurs have made the last 3 finals, its not like every series is a coinflip since all the teams are good. okc and san an have proven to be just that much better than the rest of the teams in the west these past few years. imo the clippers are not good enough to do that, which doesnt mean they are a bad or average team by any means

Just because NT finally woke up, doesn't mean the rest of us didn't already know.

Some still don't.

But see..by NT's standards...if you didn't get out the 1st round...then you aren't a contender. So correct me if I'm wrong...by these standards that y'all set for the clippers..if the Grizzlies got bounced in the 1st round last year and were considered contenders...what did that make the Clippers?

That's not what I said

But the clips are

They'll win plenty of regular season games. But they won't get it done in the playoffs. At least that's what history is telling us.

They've only been good for 3 yrs lol. They haven't advanced past the 1st round one time in that 3yr period. And have lost to the Spurs and Thunder in the 2nd round the other times. The only TRUE contenders in the West.

Nothing "AVERAGE" about that.

Agreed

But the leader cp3 has never made it out of the 2nd round. Ever.

But I'm done with this argument. We'll see what happens in May. :lol:

Some still don't.

0 wins in the conference finals the last 4 seasons isnt really a contender

Some still don't.
But see..by NT's standards...if you didn't get out the 1st round...then you aren't a contender. So correct me if I'm wrong...by these standards that y'all set for the clippers..if the Grizzlies got bounced in the 1st round last year and were considered contenders...what did that make the Clippers?
Not my rules or standards my friend, so I couldn't tell you.

I count Clippers out for a completely different reason than which round they lost in..

not making it past the second round isnt a reason the clippers wont win a title this year

its a symptom of not being good enough to win the title in past years 

think teams like okc/sa rather face the clips than memphis (which has had success against the elite)
teams shut that lob city quick. dont think they want to grind out gms vs memphis.

Spurs, Grizz and OKC (if healthy) the only ones I acknowledge in the West and Chicago and Cleveland in the East. It's been 4 or 5 true teams for a while now that have a legit shot to win the title and after everyone gets done overreacting to a month of the season and the dog days get here, they'll be those usual suspects.

Y'all and this conference finals BS lol. Just getting there and getting swept is like a trophy.

Grizzlies, Clippers, Warriors, Rockets, Mavericks or Blazers haven't won a game in the conference the past 3 years. So they're all in the same boat.

We'll see come May.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom