The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
was scrolling though my fb newsfeed this morning and saw some generic practice jerseys and didnt think much of them

just now realised that those are this years allstar jerseys 
mean.gif

adidas making trash jerseys year after year all so they can eventually save money by not even hiring a designer anymore 

I'm surprised people haven't stopped reaching on Harden's drives yet. Pretty much most fans know by now that Harden WANTS you to reach.

The Harden stuff is overblown. If you don't reach or foul him, he'll turn the game into a layup drill.

Arenas has the higher scoring games, but again he wasn't making the plays harden makes. He played in the Princeton offense which gave playmaking opportunities to all 5 players.

I don't think he had the passing ability harden has. There's an article out there of gilbert saying he knew was an average playmaker

I'm surprised people haven't stopped reaching on Harden's drives yet. Pretty much most fans know by now that Harden WANTS you to reach.

The Harden stuff is overblown. If you don't reach or foul him, he'll turn the game into a layup drill.
is that what happened when they were not calling fouls in the playoffs last year :nerd:

Real good defense is what happened. Wes Matthews kept harden in front of him, kept his hands off of him, and funneled him into robin lopez every time.

Arash Markazi ‏@ArashMarkazi · 1h1 hour ago
If OKC gets in position to claim the 8 seed (and they will) the positioning or lack thereof for the 1 seed in the West will be interesting.

Honestly, even if OKC gets into the 8 spot, I don't think teams at the top are going to start trying to drop games to avoid them. I guess we'll see though. OKC has a lot of catching up to do before it should even be discussed.

is that what happened when they were not calling fouls in the playoffs last year 
nerd.gif
Real good defense is what happened. Wes Matthews kept harden in front of him, kept his hands off of him, and funneled him into robin lopez every time.
so what you're saying is they played good defense without fouling him too much, and it wasnt a layup drill for him

its not like portland is some nightmare matchup, every playoff team will have a combo of wing defense and rim protection to do the same thing wes and lopez did

It was a combination of good defense and the refs swallowing their whistles (which they always do in the playoffs.)

Harden made adjustments after game 2 but they were already victims of a LMA 2k performance by then

Arash Markazi ‏@ArashMarkazi · 1h1 hour ago
If OKC gets in position to claim the 8 seed (and they will) the positioning or lack thereof for the 1 seed in the West will be interesting.

Honestly, even if OKC gets into the 8 spot, I don't think teams at the top are going to start trying to drop games to avoid them. I guess we'll see though. OKC has a lot of catching up to do before it should even be discussed.

They should, I wouldn't want to play a healthy Thunder team even if I have home court.

KD/AD tonight. :pimp:

Future. :pimp:

okc will probably be closer to the 6-7th seed
unless one of their guys get injured, i dont see them having trouble securing a spot

Last edited:
It was a combination of good defense and the refs swallowing their whistles (which they always do in the playoffs.)

Harden made adjustments after game 2 but they were already victims of a LMA 2k performance by then

In game 1 dude was playing on Rookie with the sliders up.

Never seen a more proud parent than his mother at that game.

good defense isnt an excuse, every playoff team has good defense

what makes great players great is getting the job done despite good defense

harden has shot under 40% in his last 3 playoff series, so its not just because wes mathews is a good defender

Harden and Manu are very similar on offence, infact they are pretty much twins. but Manu was an elite defender in his prime so Manu gets the edge.

If the top 7 teams have a winning % somewhere between 65-70% like it is now, OKC will more than likely get the 8th seed. I'm sure some of those %'s will drop, but I'm not sure who's going to go on a bad 10 game stretch out of those top 7 teams. The West is just brutal :x

12-5 got you 7th in the West, but 2nd in the East. :lol:

Last edited:

harden has shot under 40% in his last 3 playoff series, so its not just because wes mathews is a good defender

What great player hasn't had playoff struggles at 23 and 24 years old?

It's not like harden is averaging 15 like Vince was doing his first couple of years as a Raptor

If the top 7 teams have a winning % somewhere between 65-70% like it is now, OKC will more than likely get the 8th seed. I'm sure some of those %'s will drop, but I'm not sure who's going to go on a bad 10 game stretch out of those top 7 teams. The West is just brutal :x

Yeah. Even if a team wants to duck OKC, its not like whoever ends up in the 7 seed is going to be a cake walk. Right now its the Clippers. But it could end up being Houston, Portland, Dallas, etc. Whoever it is, its going to be a good team.

It's not like harden is averaging 15 like Vince was doing his first couple of years as a Raptor

Bron took a Cavs team with Larry Hughes as his second best player to the Finals when he was 22 back when he wasn't a winner with no killer instinct.

what?

hardens first couple years in the league 

year 1 9.9 ppg

year 2 12.2 ppg

vince first couple years in the league

year 1 18.3 ppg

year 2 25.7 ppg

what are you talking aboot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom