The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really good is not dominant though.

Well those guys didn't get drafted top 5 like Evan and Wes.

all im saying is If you are going to take someone that high who wasn't really really good almost immediately you are taking a huge risk, those are the biggest busts historically.

I saw one of his games in the conference tournament. Still thought No. 6 was high. Thought 10-15 range was more fitting, but 1.) there's really not much of a difference there anyway from 6 to 10-15, and 2.) If you like a guy, don't sit back. Take him ahead of where he's projected. Believe in your cognition.

Well those guys didn't get drafted top 5 like Evan and Wes.

all im saying is If you are going to take someone that high who wasn't really really good almost immediately you are taking a huge risk, those are the biggest busts historically.

I was talking to Addict4Sneakers. :lol: "Dominant is not really good" was directed at the Wes-ISU post.

Last edited:
Please do yourself a favor and go back and check the first round of the 1995 NBA Draft....

Top-5: Sophomore, Sophomore, Sophomore, Sophomore, High School.

No. 6 through No. 37 - ALL upperclassmen. 26 seniors, five juniors.

Just crazy how far we've come in terms of the age of kids GM's pin their careers on.

Generally speaking though, you can almost tell immediately from the moment they step on campus. Freshman years tell a lot. Always have said that.

I knew Joe Alexander was a waste of space by how he reacted to Cheez Doodlez reporter questions.

Most Lotto picks who aren't bust have very good if not spectacular freshman seasons. Shareef at Cal is a prime example.

Gotcha. I would say that usually this should be the case, should be somewhat obvious though.

Lilliard was damn good from the start in college to whoever mentioned him

Seems somewhat obvious to me, too. For most of them, the reason why they are upperclassmen is because they aren't good enough for the NBA yet. Some stay to improve and some stay to get a better drafting position, but that still means they are not good enough.

Depends on how you define bust too, I mean exactly how much expectation are we placing on them?

Seems somewhat obvious to me, too. For most of them, the reason why they are upperclassmen is because they aren't good enough for the NBA yet. Some stay to improve and some stay to get a better drafting position, but that still means they are not good enough.

Depends on how you define bust too, I mean exactly how much expectation are we placing on them?

And that's the thing with me. You can't improve for the NBA in college. Marginally if you do. This is why I feel like your freshman season generally can tell you what scale of an NBA prospect they are going to be.

I agree with you that the term bust lends itself to some subjectivity but I'm guessing people look at bust as production in relation to drat position.

Last edited:
Wishful thinking at this point but they gotta pay that man. He should be their #1 priority at this point

Wishful thinking at this point but they gotta pay that man. He should be their #1 priority at this point

i agree. funny because in college i never ever thought he would even be a starter in the league. Dude has improved a ton under Thibs. still wish he gave shell more PT tho. gonna run butler into the ground

Butler looking like he could have a few ASG's in his future. Definitely impressed with the aggressiveness he's playing with on the offensive end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom