The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gobert looks like he's an awkward fall from someone underneath the basket away from buckling those knees. I hope not though, looks like a promising young player. Jazz look like they actually have a very good young team complete with young talents top to bottom.

Last edited:
Exum jumper looking very relaxed and cozy.

Can't wait to watch the Jazz this year, lot of my favorite young players on there.

Trey, Exum, Favors, Hayward, Kanter, Gobert.

The Bobcats success last year had everything to do with their scheme on defense instead of a particular player. They played at one of the slower paces in the league and they sent no one to the offensive glass

Mkg only played 25 mins a game and hardly played any of the 4th quarters. He's a good defender, but he's not the sole reason.

Last edited:
serious question...should they try him at the 4 this year? kid is no threat outside out 10 feet.

The Bobcats success last year had everything to do with their scheme on defense instead of a particular player. They played at one of the slower paces in the league and they sent no one to the offensive glass

Mkg only played 25 mins a game and hardly played any of the 4th quarters. He's a good defender, but he's not the sole reason.

Never said he was the sole reason, but its like saying not having Tony Allen on Memphis (especially in the playoffs) doesn't necessarily mean anything to the team. Memphis plays one of the slowest paces in the league and have a great defensive scheme, but it doesn't discredit TA for who he is as an on-ball defender and what he brings to the table. Not to mention, he also doesn't play anymore than 25 minutes a game. I think the Bobcats want to establish an identity of being a great defensive team and MKG represents that. At the end of the day, he's still very young and I don't think its smart to trade him after he just turned 21 years old with only 2 years of experience He brings a valuable asset to the table and in today's game, its rare that you find perimeter players that are more focused on the defensive side of the ball than offensive.

Now, if they can get a player that pushes them towards the upper echelon of the Eastern Conference with MKG packaged in a trade, then go for it. Trading him for Kyle Korver doesn't do that, though. It keeps them exactly where they would be with MKG, but with a better shooter. Tell Kemba to improve his 3 ball to around 36-37%, Lance to continue shooting at a decent clip and allow Marvin Williams to do the same. The only way you going to beat a Lebron led Cavs team is by playing them physical and making it a low scoring affair because they are not going to outscore them. The same thing can go for the Spurs, OKC or whoever else is considered a contender.

Last edited:
But the difference between TA and MKG is that plays alongside two premier defenders in gasol and Conley.

MKG is a good defender in the right scheme. He really wasnt a better defender than Gerald Henderson, but because he's so poor offensively and was a high lottery pick, you have to give him credit for something.

Really hope this experiment doesnt go anywhere. Every record, championship, etc after that should have an * after it.
You could say the same about every post 3 point line championship then. Changes are going to keep happening, some for better some for worse.

This one is stupid though and wont make it pass this stage I dont think.

the length of the games isnt going to impact injuries. you can get injured in the first 30 seconds. however, the length of the season will weaken the players bodies and thus create more opportunity for injuries. i think a perfect compromise (which im opposed to) is a shorter season with a COUPLE ads on the jerseys to make up the revenue from the missing games.

MKG is a good defender in the right scheme. He really wasnt a better defender than Gerald Henderson, but because he's so poor offensively and was a high lottery pick, you have to give him credit for something.

Thats all it is, time to give up on him

Hes nothing but a energy guy, not a starter in this league

Jazz going to be fun to watch.

They look to have great spacing so far

They're going to be one of those good bad teams. And by that I mean, they'll be in most or every game or even winning into the late 3rd or 4th quarter and then end up blowing a bunch of games. I still don't see who on that team they're going to count on when the absolutely need a bucket. It should be Hayward, but I don't see him as that guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom