The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, it would be pretty funny if the BOS-BKN 44 minute experiment game goes into triple OT or something.

Steven Adams is one of those guys that you would love on your team, but hate as a fan of another team.

man, first time seeing him play i knew i liked him

dude is one of my favorite players now :pimp:

he better be getting most of the minutes at C this yea

The NBA might as well experiment with all sorts of alternatives then. Try three 15 minute quarters, four 10 minute quarters, 24 minute halves, etc. :lol:

12 min quarters with FIBA timeout rules would help the flow of the game more than 11 min quarters would imo.

BTW, MKG would be the real difference maker in making Charlotte legit in the East. His offensive game may be poo, but defense is underestimated in today's league. He was the best defensive player on that team last year and they ranked as one of the top defensive teams in the league. You trade him away and the team loses that pedigree somewhat. I think he brings a different dimension to the team similar to Tony Allen in Memphis. The type of plays he makes on the defensive end can be considered game changers for the most part. I think people will see it more when Charlotte starts playing in more important games this year.

Saying all that, I'm hoping he does shoot the 3 ball at a decent clip this year. He already made the step towards changing his form, so maybe that's a good sign of things to come. If he continues to be a huge offensive liability, he will end up being subbed in and out in 4th quarters.

Lance could handle the wing defensive duties, mkg's defense isnt all that

bron & melo had career nights against him

Charlotte needs kyle korver

Lance could handle the wing defensive duties, mkg's defense isnt all that

bron & melo had career nights against him

Charlotte needs kyle korver

I don't know about you, but I would rather let one of my better offensive players not guard the best offensive player on the opposing team. Kyle Korver is not going to move the needle for them, which is why it doesn't make sense to move MKG at this point in time. And you say MKG's defense isn't that good because 2 of the best offensive players in the league had great nights against him? :lol:

If Charlotte wants to add shooting, they can do that by adding to the bench. You don't have to trade away your best defender for a shooter. They have Brian Roberts and Gary Neal right now off the bench, but they should look to move Henderson (if possible). Plus, if they really want more shooting, they can just sign one. I'll wait to see how the offense plays out before making adjustments or any trades. They already have an elite defensive team, now they have to somehow move their offense from the bottom 3rd in the league to the 1st half while keeping their core intact.

Last edited:
might as well replace two fts for one free throw worth 2pts to speed up the gm
running clock until the final 2 minutes
no tv timeouts. just have in-game commercials shown on the side of the screen

I see y'all down with the Bosnian Behemoth. :pimp: :pimp:

Been on board since the draft after I looked him up.

Gobert looks like he's an awkward fall from someone underneath the basket away from buckling those knees. I hope not though, looks like a promising young player. Jazz look like they actually have a very good young team complete with young talents top to bottom.

MKG was the main culprit behind the Hornets being a top 10 defense last year, his defense certainly is all that.

Melo and Bron can give anybody in the world 60 if they are hot and have someone guarding them one-on-one. Being there in person when Melo went off, there was nothing you could do if you weren't double-teaming, he just wasn't missing. Hall of famers will toast anybody.

I actually think 44 or 40 minute games would decrease upsets. Right now, super stars can safely play 37-42 minutes of a 48 minute game.That means elite teams need to play 10 or so minutes without their stars. If the game was 40 minutes, we'd see guys basically playing entire games. Depth wouldn't be as useful. Making a run while Lebron is on the bench wouldn't be as useful. This would especially be true in the playoffs.

Man just keep it 48, it's been like that for years and has never been a problem.

Too many problems with records come up if you start changing things like that.

Really, there should just be about 70 games and never under any circumstance should there be back-to-back's but those type of changes will never happen cause of money.

Man just keep it 48, it's been like that for years and has never been a problem.

Too many problems with records come up if you start changing things like that.

Agree. I don't think any major changes are needed with respect to game length/flow. No matter what they do, some games are going to be great and some are going to be ugly. That's just the nature of basketball. Plus, I think flow is just going to improve naturally -- at least for now -- because the trend in the league is for teams to play with more pace and move the ball more. Sure, there's still some teams like the Grizz and Bulls that like things slow and grimy, but they're becoming the exception rather than the rule.

They don't need to mess with the length of the game. If flow is what they're worried about they need to trim refs' calls and timeouts.

I still think they need to trim the amount of games for health reasons

They don't need to mess with the length of the game. If flow is what they're worried about they need to trim refs' calls and timeouts.

I still think they need to trim the amount of games for health reasons

Definitely. The perfect number of games would be 60-65. Too many injuries happening man. Players are too overworked playing 4 times a week on the highest level.
Never gonna happen tho. Money

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom