The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Listening to a TA interview from Hasseltine a couple of weeks ago, Tony said Adams was BY FAR the most hated player in the league from a Team stand point because of the cheap and chippy shots he gets away with.

I can’t settle on a team that should fall out, nor a usurper that might overthrow them. Internal team projections around the league peg Memphis as the most likely victim, but the Grizz won 50 games last season despite the prolonged absences of Gasol and Tony Allen. The ages of Gasol, Zach Randolph, and Vince Carter turn off the stats-based projections, but this is a deep team that brings ferocious defense every night.

The Grizz scored at a borderline top-10 rate when Gasol and Mike Conley played together, and they’ll have unprecedented depth (for them) on the wing with Carter onboard and Quincy Pondexter back. Carter brings a dash of ballhandling none of the other wings provides, and the Grizz only need Tayshaun Prince in select matchups that call for his long-armed defense.

Tell them fools Zach!

Last edited:
Listening to a TA interview from Hasseltine a couple of weeks ago, Tony said Adams was BY FAR the most hated player in the league from a Team stand point because of the cheap and chippy shots he gets away with.
they don't want it with adams.. dude might bring out the family!

You think Zbo going to go at him in the 1st game of the season?
laugh.gif
Its only a matter of time before OKC-MEM turns into LAC-MEM. Perk, Zbo, Gasol, Russ, Adams have all been involved in some sort of scuffle between the two teams.
I mean it's been a couple of months now.. but I have no clue what really set zbo off in that 2nd to last game..

like literally I thought it was just frustration because he was getting his shot blocked and couldn't bully him (or use his little tricks that allow him to create separation).. obviously there could be stuff that we aren't seeing.. but in this day and age with HD tv and the various camera angles, I thought we would at least see something

with VC you saw what lead to him trying get back at adams.. but I still don't know what set zbo off

I mean you can go back and see the dirty stuff bowen and/or Stockton use to play.. or when guys use elbows to clear out.. that kinda stuff

I mean it's been a couple of months now.. but I have no clue what really set zbo off in that 2nd to last game..

like literally I thought it was just frustration because he was getting his shot blocked and couldn't bully him (or use his little tricks that allow him to create separation).. obviously there could be stuff that we aren't seeing.. but in this day and age with HD tv and the various camera angles, I thought we would at least see something

with VC you saw what lead to him trying get back at adams.. but I still don't know what set zbo off

I mean you can go back and see the dirty stuff bowen and/or Stockton use to play.. or when guys use elbows to clear out.. that kinda stuff

I don't think Adams did anything worth Zbo going off, either. But, I also thought his retaliation was more of a "push" and not a punch. We've seen much worse stuff from Blake/Zbo than what happened to Zbo/Adams and neither player was suspended from a game.

^ yea.. he went to push him and just ended up going high and caught him in the face..

but yea.. I don't see anything 'real' happening.. maybe some pushing and shoving.. but that's about it

with the clips, the grizz know they are in their heads.. so they continue to bully them.. and for the clips it's kinda a ego thing now, because everyone is aware of it.. and I'm sure they have to be hearing it a ton

Steven Adams is one of those guys that you would love on your team, but hate as a fan of another team.

@NBAPR: BKN and BOS will play a 44-min game on Oct. 19 to examine the flow of a shorter game as compared to the standard 48-min game.

:nerd:

BTW, MKG would be the real difference maker in making Charlotte legit in the East. His offensive game may be poo, but defense is underestimated in today's league. He was the best defensive player on that team last year and they ranked as one of the top defensive teams in the league. You trade him away and the team loses that pedigree somewhat. I think he brings a different dimension to the team similar to Tony Allen in Memphis. The type of plays he makes on the defensive end can be considered game changers for the most part. I think people will see it more when Charlotte starts playing in more important games this year.

Saying all that, I'm hoping he does shoot the 3 ball at a decent clip this year. He already made the step towards changing his form, so maybe that's a good sign of things to come. If he continues to be a huge offensive liability, he will end up being subbed in and out in 4th quarters.

@NBAPR: BKN and BOS will play a 44-min game on Oct. 19 to examine the flow of a shorter game as compared to the standard 48-min game.

:nerd:

this just strikes me as a cheap way to get more upsets. meh

If you wnat upsets go watch march madness.

Pro basketball isn't about upsets, it's about seeing greatness confirmed. it about The best team/player prove themselves over the course of 7 game tourture chambers.

So the overall gametime is going to be 10 minutes shorter. So what? Come on Silver. :lol:

Last edited:
I don't know that shortening a game is really going to make it flow better. Flow is more determined by how tightly a game is called, how many FTs, shooting percentages, number of time outs, etc. Cutting off 4 minutes isn't going to change any of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom