The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lost mad respect for Rondo when he had the double digit assist streak going. Dude was literally turning down open fast break layups to keep that dumb streak going. It was shameful.

Is that any different than guys going for 50 in a blowout, or in a game that's been decided but they want that extra rebound or assist for a triple double?

Everybody wants their piece oh history I ain't mad at that, as long as they're putting winning first I don't see a problem with it.

Nuggets B team would have more Ws than the Sixers/Bucks this year.

Nate
Foye/Gary Harris
Wilson/Gee
JJ Hickson
Mozgov

Last edited:
Nuggets B team would have more Ws than the Sixers/Bucks this year.

Nate
Foye/Gary Harris
Wilson/Gee
JJ Hickson
Mozgov

timofey-mozgov.jpeg

Mozgod. :pimp: :pimp:

Rudy Gobert is a monster. 20 rebounds in 21 minutes.

He and Favors are outrebounding the entire Clippers roster. :lol:

Last edited:
Rudy Gobert is a monster. 20 rebounds in 21 minutes.

He and Favors are outrebounding the entire Clippers roster. :lol:

Yeah, our rebounding is going to be a problem again. The Jazz looked good tonight. They may be better they I originally expected this season:

Is that any different than guys going for 50 in a blowout, or in a game that's been decided but they want that extra rebound or assist for a triple double?

Everybody wants their piece oh history I ain't mad at that, as long as they're putting winning first I don't see a problem with it.

Nah, He was doing this in the middle of close games tho - not at the end. Gunning for the 10 assists right from the start. Kinda different from going for a triple double in a blowout. Doc called him out on it. He was glad the streak ended. Rondo def wasn't concerned with winning first.

Just saying it's something that made me lose respect for him. It's not like he's dead to me

As a player, I think he got injured right when it was time for him to make that leap into playmaker and scorer. Kind of a shame. Also that Celtic squad played better when he got injured if I remember correctly - which hurts his case as a top tier PG IMO.

Wanted the Timberwolves to draft Rodney Hood at No. 13. Had some great performances in the Summer League (so have many superstars and many busts, so it's irrelevant), 5-for-8 tonight though.

Damn totally forgot bout Exum :lol: ....don't expect too much from him this season, but will be lookin out for him in a couple years

Nah, He was doing this in the middle of close games tho - not at the end. Gunning for the 10 assists right from the start. Kinda different from going for a triple double in a blowout. Doc called him out on it. He was glad the streak ended. Rondo def wasn't concerned with winning first.

Just saying it's something that made me lose respect for him. It's not like he's dead to me

As a player, I think he got injured right when it was time for him to make that leap into playmaker and scorer. Kind of a shame. Also that Celtic squad played better when he got injured if I remember correctly - which hurts his case as a top tier PG IMO.
Doc sure has a funny way of calling him out

http://espn.go.com/boston/nba/story...do-eyes-assist-record-even-doc-rivers-onboard

Celtics coach Doc Rivers is enduring some scrutiny because he dared to acknowledge what's already well known: NBA players care a heck of a lot about stats and streaks.

With 98 seconds remaining in Boston's lopsided loss to the Detroit Pistons on Sunday, Rivers called a timeout and attempted to draw up a play with the goal of getting point guard Rajon Rondo his 10th assist in order to extend his lengthy double-digit assist streak.

Also, when Rondo carried his team past the Bulls in 2009 when KG was hurt, did that mean they were better off without KG? Teams don't become better when their best player(s) get injured, they just step up and adapt. He was a top tier point guard before the injury. Not sure where he stands now though.

Bruno Caboclo from everything I've seen is definitely NOT two years away from being 2 years away.

Impressed.

Last edited:
Impressions? I forgot about the Brazilian KD

-Natural shooter, like really really good, a future 40% plus guy.
-has basketball instincts, will be a good passer as he gains more experience reading defenses.
-agressive/ fearless, very competitive not shy even a little.
-wingspan is obviously ridiculous.
-He's not an elite athlete in terms of explosion of the floor but very fluid for 6-10 - with a 7-7 wingspan.

I don't think he'll ever handle the ball like KD or Giannis, don't think he has those type of scoring insticts/footwork think less KD more prime Rashard Lewis.

He hasn't looked completley out of place, which is impressive for an 18 year old with ZERO high level basketball experience.

I liked the risk at the time, like it even more now given what was available.

Last edited:
Look up his comments on Rondo after his streak was over because he got himself ejected. It's common knowledge Rondo stopped trying to score during the streak. Not just at the end of game or in blowouts - through the entire game. I'm not saying anything crazy bro

Look up his comments on Rondo after his streak was over because he got himself ejected. It's common knowledge Rondo stopped trying to score during the streak. Not just at the end of game or in blowouts - through the entire game. I'm not saying anything crazy bro
Just saying Doc was enabling him to continue the streak, so it wasn't Rondo acting alone on it. I also already admitted Rondo looks to overpass rather than score by nature. So that isn't really something new either.

When you question the fact that Rondo's absence somehow made the Celtics better, you begin to border the crazy talk. Winning a stretch of games or 'looking better' without your best player(s) is deceiving.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom