The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
-Natural shooter, like really really good, a future 40% plus guy.
-has basketball instincts, will be a good passer as he gains more experience reading defenses.
-agressive/ fearless, very competitive not shy even a little.
-wingspan is obviously ridiculous.
-He's not an elite athlete in terms of explosion of the floor but very fluid for 6-10 - with a 7-7 wingspan.

I don't think he'll ever handle the ball like KD or Giannis, don't think he has those type of scoring insticts/footwork think less KD more prime Rashard Lewis.

He hasn't looked completley out of place, which is impressive for an 18 year old with ZERO high level basketball experience.

I liked the risk at the time, like it even more now given what was available.

What about his defense? His wing span looked like a terror in the SL. He also seemed aggressive when going after boards. Both really good signs for his future.

Just saying Doc was enabling him to continue the streak, so it wasn't Rondo acting alone on it. I also already admitted Rondo looks to overpass rather than score by nature. So that isn't really something new either.

When you question the fact that Rondo's absence somehow made the Celtics better, you begin to border the crazy talk. Winning a stretch of games or 'looking better' without your best player(s) is deceiving.

Well they were 18-20 with him. 23-20 without him. That's not a small sample size.

It could be deceiving but how many teams can survive losing a prime top tier player for half a season and not miss a beat. Rondo has glaring flaws that can hurt an offense as a whole. Not great at getting to the FT line or making them. Can't shoot at all from 3 or anywhere. Needs to dominate the ball. He's still really good but there's a reason teams aren't jumping to grab him now. Rondo is a divisive player.

May be a reach but I can't help saying it because I want it so bad to be true..

KD missing the first 8 weeks could move Reggie to the starting lineup.
Put Reggie at 1 and Russ at 2 and give Russ the green light. Russ will definitely be the go to guy to put up the points so keeping him at the 1 and asking this of him is silly when you have a point like player in Reggie who can duplicate on a lower scale the things that Russ brings at the 1.

I hope this is what happens and it works brilliantly and then remains the deal when KD returns.

Last edited:
Jusuf Nurkic, rookie center for Denver, has looked solid thus far. He's currently at 7 & 10 in 20 mins. If he really is a quality player then Denver's frontcourt becomes very crowded

:lol:
I'll explain my "cursed" comments below. If the Lakers had this current roster fairly healthy throughout the season, I think everyone in this thread would agree that they can get 7-8th seed in the west. No higher though.
True but they can definitely grab 7-8th seed with a aging Kobe, a chucker in Swaggy, a corpse in Nash, Jordan Hill and a inconsistent Jeremy Lin.
Yeah Jim Buss has to be trolling.

Explaining my cursed comments up there [emoji]128070[/emoji]

When I say "cursed" i mean, Dwight Howard comes to LA. Isn't healthy and suffers nagging injury all season long. Steve Nash signs with the Lakers and can't even play a quarter of the season due to nerves in his legs and all sorts of leg injuries. Pau Gasol's knees become brittle and then he sits out a bunch of games. Then Kobe tears his Achilles and on top of that fractures his knee cap after 6 games of returning from the torn Achilles. Jordan Hill isn't available all season last year(?) because he needs to get hip surgery.

Now this season Jeremy tweaks/sprains his ankle. Swaggy tears a ligament in his thumb. And Ryan Kelly has a strained ham string. For the past two seasons the lakers have been plagued with injuries. Someone put the voodoo curse on them. That's insane how many injuries this squad has suffered.

Everyone in this thread would not agree on the Lakers competing for a 7-8 seed in the west, regardless of their health. They could be 100% healthy with Pops or Phil at head coach and would still have long odds to make the playoffs. They aren't built to play any defense. They are built around an aged chucker coming off a serious injury. Their second best player was claimed off the amnesty wire. Their third best player is either a rookie or Nick Young. The west is hell to make it to the playoffs. Add it up, do the math. Health is irrelevant.

Welp, tried to defend Laker Nation.

+

Rondo is still going to be elite. Curious to see if his perimeter shooting & free throw has improved, this upcoming season...

BIG Jusuf Nurkić fan very Demarcus Cousins-y, I thought he was a top 7 talent, I wanted him to fall to the raptors BAD,

Another GFH, (giant ******* human) at 6'11 290, with natural footwork/post scoring instincts.

Last edited:

7'2 players should not have the fluidity that Gobert does.

Edit:

The Mountain.

Last edited:
Gobert :pimp:

Quin Snyder might have walked into a better situation than he expected. Always liked him too.

Gobert is another example of people getting fooled by the combine, he was a lottery guy untill he was slow and didn't jump high at the combine. :smh:

Said the same thing about Andre Drummon/Demarcus/Steven Adams at some point you are too gigantic and too fluid not to be an effective NBA player. Same thing applies to Jusuf.

Last edited:
Today's the last day of Bill Simmons' suspension. Can't wait for the NBA preview videos to be uploaded (he was in the middle of recording them when he got suspended).

Charlotte is my second favorite team if they traded MKG and received a Ariza type in return they would be a top 3 team in the East. (Hopping over Washington)

Today's the last day of Bill Simmons' suspension. Can't wait for the NBA preview videos to be uploaded (he was in the middle of recording them when he got suspended).
Thank goodness. Now we're gonna get a ton of videos all at once hopefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom