The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
ya'll got to leave rose alone. dude was just speaking the truth. after ball, he got other plans. he aint the only athlete to think this way, just one of the biggest one to say it. basketball career can end with one injury, he has a whole life ahead of him. when he sits, he is legitimately injured. ya want him to play through pain and end up like steve nash by mid 30s

Last edited:
Rose to ESPN:

"I'm thinking about long term. I'm thinking about after I'm done with basketball. Having graduations to go to, having meetings to go to, I don't want to be in my meetings all sore or be at my son's graduation all sore just because of something I did in the past. [I'm] just learning and being smart."

... what?

Graduations? Meetings to go to? You don't want to be in the meetings all sore?

The Bulls are paying you $18.8 million this season, $20 million in 2015-16 and $21 million in 2016-17.

They're paying you to be on the court. Toughen the **** up. This is not the NFL and concussions. Get on the damn court. "It's not about this year." Yeah, Derrick, it is. The Cavaliers have vulnerabilities and certainly aren't an unbeatable team until they find perimeter defense. The Raptors are your next best challenger. It's about this year. He should know how important it is to capitalize on an opportunity if its in front of you considering we all assumed after they were eliminated by the Heat in the 2011 ECF that the Bulls would be back again.

I'm sorry, I'm very, very high on the Bulls and I am actually sad this is the path Rose is on, but I don't know he really gets it. At all. This was concerning to me. Don't give me the context argument. Just, stop.

Last edited:
The real question is, will Rose ever graduate anywhere? We all know dude ain't the brightest...
Still my favourite player and I don't give a ****

Im not a fan of Rose but the way I see it the smartest way for the team is for him to sit out every game against weaker teams.
And never play back to back. He should play 60 games tops in order to last through the playoffs.

Last edited:
they keep it close for the first 3 periods, then that last period its like coach brown plays scrubs on purpose

This was their starting 5 the other night.

Luc Richard Mbah a Moute
JaKarr Sampson
Henry Sims
Tony Wroten
Hollis Thompson

I think the NBA finding the Spurs for sitting players is BS, especially when other teams do far worst.

Spurs sitting guys for age-related reasons = Bulls sitting a 26-year-old who tore his ACL when he was 23

I don't really see a difference there, so hopefully the criticism follows suit the way it has with Pop.

Bulls can coast, just keep rose in for playoffs and have him play like once a week for now

The Spurs and Bulls are playing for May and June.

Makes sense to keep Rose on ice against bad teams (T'Wolves, Magic, Sixers, Celtics) if he's not 100%.

Spurs sitting guys for age-related reasons = Bulls sitting a 26-year-old who tore his ACL when he was 23

I don't really see a difference there, so hopefully the criticism follows suit the way it has with Pop.

wtheck now with dudes sitting out games now lol. bunch of lazies. d.rose hurt like for 4,years now. ballet ruined his life, no wonder he dont dance.

Pop is the GOAT at managing minutes, even if they don't have the same talent on the roster, teams should all follow his moves.

if i were a bulls fan, i rather see a healthy rose come playoff time than him beating up on the new york knicks in the regular season. given his history of injuries, they do not need to rush him back and play 82 gms plus playoffs.

Makes sense to keep Rose on ice against bad teams (T'Wolves, Magic, Sixers, Celtics) if he's not 100%.

But Detroit and Milwaukee?

We have evidence for San Antonio being capable of grabbing its conference's No. 1 seed when they take the route of holding out players for certain games.

We have not seen Chicago even come close to that. They have a different team this year with Gasol, Mirotic, and others that have been there progressing, but we saw Cleveland defeat Chicago with Rose.

Not to put too much weight into a October and November result, but you don't think they need to be proactive in grabbing the No. 1 seed? If Cleveland has found itself at year's end like you'll hear others claim they will, then that No. 1 seed will be critically important. I mean ****, Cleveland just beat them when this is probably the worst Cleveland will be all year long.

Last edited:
if i were a bulls fan, i rather see a healthy rose come playoff time than him beating up on the new york knicks in the regular season. given his history of injuries, they do not need to rush him back and play 82 gms plus playoffs.

i feel otherwise. dude hasnt been legit no more. sitting out games equL no minutes, equals to no confidence or experience. when the big stage hitz, Rose might choke like he did on the line. this aint river dance, go out there and play. since when is anyone ever 100%? more like.outta game shape.

All these D-Rose hot takes. 
laugh.gif
mean.gif

Has Ballerific blessed us with his thoughts on Rose yet?

Getting off to a fast start is pretty important as well. Portland made the playoffs basically off of getting off to a fast start in a packed Western Conference. But, it really depends on the quality of your team. The Bulls know they will make the playoffs without Rose and the Spurs know they will make the playoffs by resting their players. The same cannot be said for other teams.

But Detroit and Milwaukee?

We have evidence for San Antonio being capable of grabbing its conference's No. 1 seed when they take the route of holding out players for certain games.

We have not seen Chicago even come close to that. They have a different team this year with Gasol, Mirotic, and others that have been there progressing, but we saw Cleveland defeat Chicago with Rose.

Not to put too much weight into a October and November result, but you don't think they need to be proactive in grabbing the No. 1 seed? If Cleveland has found itself at year's end like you'll hear others claim they will, then that No. 1 seed will be critically important. I mean ****, Cleveland just beat them when this is probably the worst Cleveland will be all year long.
Bucks look fairly decent this season and judging by Rose's play vs the Pistons he looks recovered from the ankle sprain(s).

The Bulls are being precautious with Rose and Noah this season, but everybody else on the roster will be treated like typical Thibbs (Butler played 43 minutes the other night :lol:). I think they should be more precautious with Gasol, but that's just me.

And the loss to the Cavs, is that the game where Rose only played 25 minutes and they barely loss in OT? And no, I don't think they need to be proactive in getting the #1 seed. I would much rather be healthy.

i feel otherwise. dude hasnt been legit no more. sitting out games equL no minutes, equals to no confidence or experience. when the big stage hitz, Rose might choke like he did on the line. this aint river dance, go out there and play. since when is anyone ever 100%? more like.outta game shape.

your nuts...watch the vids above & ill wait for you to recant your statements

Getting off to a fast start is pretty important as well. Portland made the playoffs basically off of getting off to a fast start in a packed Western Conference. But, it really depends on the quality of your team. The Bulls know they will make the playoffs without Rose and the Spurs know they will make the playoffs by resting their players. The same cannot be said for other teams.

EXACTLY!!!!!!!

oh @jpz that cavs game was a L but it took OT, no rose in the 4th-ot & lebron going nuts ( he was cooking them while on the floor)

Last edited:
Guess I'll be the only one with this take on D Rose and it's similar to how I view the spurs when they rest their players.

It's horse ****.

I don't wanna hear about your "life after basketball" do I care about it? No, and I shouldn't. This is your job. This is what you signed up for. If you cared that much about your physical health in relation to basketball you should of picked a different career path. Get out there and do your job.

**** it, let's have every player in the league who's projected to play at least 10 years in the league sit out for rest and precaution then.

lol. Drose hitting DWTS after his bbLl career would be good. drose not good enough to sit. lol but hey, this psychological idea that rose will hurt by playing more is ridiculous.

Guess I'll be the only one with this take on D Rose and it's similar to how I view the spurs when they rest their players.

It's horse ****.

I don't wanna hear about your "life after basketball" do I care about it? No, and I shouldn't. This is your job. This is what you signed up for. If you cared that much about your physical health in relation to basketball you should of picked a different career path. Get out there and do your job.

**** it, let's have every player in the league who's projected to play at least 10 years in the league sit out for rest and precaution then.
I mean, just as you don't care about his life, he gives a **** about your life. As fans, we are entitled, but understand that they don't owe you ****. 

So basically, DROSE‘s style of play affects his health, so therefore they want to cater and coast until they need him? This is one of the most absurd things ever, but whatever.

DNP - Natural Causes
DNP - Injury prone due to style of play
DNP - Previously injured kneee from 2 years ago
DNP - Colllecting compensation n insurance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom