The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm saying :lol: what the hell else are you supposed to do on here?

Comparable to somebody calling into a sports radio station during the World Cup and complaining that they spoiled the games that will be re-aired later on in the states.

It's a sports radio station... you're expecting to listen and not be updated on the, you know, sports?

it's a message board, it aint that serious. most of it is for giggles. if you dont want to read, hit ignore or skim past it, why get your jimmies rustle like that?

what you think we are gonna do to kill time, just sit quiet on a message board, children please.
it be the guys with 5000 posts in one yr complaing about others posting too much nonsense |I

Last edited:
I mean, just as you don't care about his life, he gives a **** about your life. As fans, we are entitled, but understand that they don't owe you ****. 

Yep, its like Lebby told us, no matter what our favorite players and teams do, we still have to go back to our meaningless, sad, pathetic lives or, you know, words to that effect.

I ain't even direct that to nobody in particular and the ****** most guilty of it shot back.

Mission accomplished.

Continue writing more essays about if Derrick Rose's ankles will hold uonin business meetings or not.

******* yentas...

boom

Rose seriously phrased it wrong by bringing up business meetings, graduation, and life after basketball.

But you could say Rose's job is to help the Bulls contend, and taking a few games off can help achieve that for a longer period of time. Same thing goes for the Spurs.

The way he phrased it just put a selfish spin on it.
the media (espn) running with it by saying it's his ankles but I'm pretty sure it's his knees more than his ankles....If I came back from all those knee surgeries I would be hesitant  too if I was having ankle issues.  

I mean, just as you don't care about his life, he gives a **** about your life. As fans, we are entitled, but understand that they don't owe you ****. 

Yep, its like Lebby told us, no matter what our favorite players and teams do, we still have to go back to our meaningless, sad, pathetic lives or, you know, words to that effect.
I'll always respect LeBron for saying that. And I was in the prime of my LeBron hate too. It really was a real statement.

Last edited:

I'll always respect LeBron for saying that. And I was in the prime of my LeBron hate too.

i dont think there is another team that will be rooted against/hated for awhile like those heat team. that four yr stretch :lol:

Lol someone feels entitled

He doesn't owe fans anything except to help his team win a title

Just because you buy a ticket to watch him play doesn't mean you have a say in his health or lack thereof

His only crime was the ridiculous wording of what he said. He should just think really carefully before speaking, or not say anything at all

It's feeling more and more like television controls the NBA in regard to "how high can our value go?" but television's indispensable ingredient is the viewers/us. It's a hobby for all of us but it's an emotional staple at the same time, or at least it's become that.

"We'd have to go back to the boring *** life" is the ideal mode of thought the NBA wants us to have. It fits into what they and all sports have become so spectacular at in the boom of mass communication: an overload of information that makes people feel like if they're not always attending to it then they are missing something.

You ever notice that human beings don't like feeling as if they missed out on something? Yeah.

Case in point, NBA free agency over this past summer. If you didn't refresh your Twitter feed every 15 seconds you were supposed to feel like you might miss Melo signing, or what LeBron instagram'd on a boat in the midst of when players are signing, or what Kevin Love's opinion of the Cavs was, or what Andrew Wiggins opinion of the Timberwolves was, hell, even Frank Isola of the New York Daily News jumping out to a Melo "sources have said to me" stage prompted a 3,000 word Deadspin story.

While they'd probably not lose us anyway at this point because we're probably too far gone from the world without a media blitz, the league-runners are acutely aware that they can't lose the first domino.

They know how to warp it into us missing them, and not the other way around.

Last edited:
i dont think there is another team that will be rooted against/hated for awhile like those heat team. that four yr stretch :lol:

It was a perfect storm for hatred. The way the team was assembled, the Decision, the post-Decision concert/rally, which included "not 6, not 7..." Then they turned out to be really good. That all made it really easy to root against them.

Yentas 
laugh.gif

Yall acting like Brandon Roy aint out of the league from coming back too soon from an injury.

We cant say anything until May or June, then we can argue whether or not he should sit

It's feeling more and more like television controls the NBA in regard to "how high can our value go?" but television's indispensable ingredient is the viewers/us. It's a hobby for all of us but it's an emotional staple at the same time, or at least it's become that.

"We'd have to go back to the boring *** life" is the ideal mode of thought the NBA wants us to have. It fits into what they and all sports have become so spectacular at in the boom of mass communication: an overload of information that makes people feel like if they're not always attending to it then they are missing something.

You ever notice that human beings don't like feeling as if they missed out on something? Yeah.

Case in point, NBA free agency over this past summer. If you didn't refresh your Twitter feed every 15 seconds you were supposed to feel like you might miss Melo signing, or what LeBron instagram'd on a boat in the midst of when players are signing, or what Kevin Love's opinion of the Cavs was, or what Andrew Wiggins opinion of the Timberwolves was, hell, even Frank Isola of the New York Daily News jumping out to a Melo "sources have said to me" stage prompted a 3,000 word Deadspin story.

While they'd probably not lose us anyway at this point because we're probably too far gone from the world without a media blitz, the league-runners are acutely aware that they can't lose the first domino.

They know how to warp it into us missing them, and not the other way around.
Deep

Yall acting like Brandon Roy aint out of the league from coming back too soon from an injury.

We cant say anything until May or June, then we can argue whether or not he should sit

I don't know if it really would have made a big difference for Roy since he had a degenerative knee condition. But Grant Hill definitely did damages to his career by trying to play with an injury.

You guys need to understand Rose is a mental ******. The Bulls probably told him 'hey were going to sit you out anytime you're kinda sore for the long-term since this is your first year back playing a full schedule'. Rose phrased it badly like he does with everything. Y'all really think Rose is thinking about graduations and stuff? Dude just doesn't know how to speak to the media at all. I really doubt he's making decisions like that. The Bulls just like to leave their players out to dry in the media. Happens ALL the time with their organization.

Reactions: HIM
‏@ESPNStatsInfo 

Kobe Bryant (1st), Anthony Davis (4th) among NBA leaders in PPG. Davis leads league in player efficiency rating; Bryant is 59th

D rose comes off looking really bad. if you take his comments at face value, its some of the dumbest sheet ive ever read in my life. his biggest issue after injuries is BJ armstrong and big bro reggie..they have killed his image

brandon roy's knee was deteriorating before the nba, same with a guy like leon powe. in powe's case he decided to retire than attempt another comeback. didn't want to go through the grind and multiple surgeries again. roy left the league with nothing left in his knee.
still amazes me how a guy like dejuan blair is able to play in the nba with his knees

Last edited:
First time I've ever reached a rep limit.

Yenta was the perfect word though.

The mudslinging and entitlement is at an all time high. Such a thirsty look.

It really does kill the thread movement.

First time I've ever reached a rep limit.

Yenta was the perfect word though.
The mudslinging and entitlement is at an all time high. Such a thirsty look.
It really does kill the thread movement.

just reached my rep limit ... between this thread,hand of god slap thread, & dude saying the jordan 6-10 devalued the jordan series in the bordeaux vii thread in JB :lol:

Last edited:
Bulls fans in this ***** giving this dude a pass when they should be the main ones upset [emoji]128514[/emoji] battered wife syndrome at it's finest. I wanna see him play but idc one bit if his team wins or not. Y'all must be content with them 6 titles from the 90's

Bulls fans in this ***** giving this dude a pass when they should be the main ones upset [emoji]128514[/emoji] battered wife syndrome at it's finest. I wanna see him play but idc one bit if his team wins or not. Y'all must be content with them 6 titles from the 90's

which is the exact reason your opinion is basically invalid in this situation....because the fans & ovb he does :lol: glad you cleared that up tho

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom