The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pop is the GOAT at managing minutes, even if they don't have the same talent on the roster, teams should all follow his moves.
No other HC in the modern NBA has a better pulse of his locker room than Pop. That's the one downside to "Thibs," he has a history of running his players into the ground. It's a marathon, not a race. Spurs get that. You need to be fresh as possible come NBA Finals time. Nobody should be playing purely for regular season wins and achievements. Carlisle and Doc are great HC in their own right, but honestly lack the presence and greatness Pop exhibits.

The guaranteed contracts make these ****** entitled. You don't be hearing ish like this in the nfl
. It is what it is. Derrick rose is a mental ******....

I mean, just as you don't care about his life, he gives a **** about your life. As fans, we are entitled, but understand that they don't owe you ****. 

You're right. He doesn't owe me **** but to give me 32 to 34 minutes of that real every game that he's capable of playing. That's part of his job description. He kind of does owe me that. If I'm buying tickets to see the bulls, it's literally his job to be out there and play. He does owe me that much. That's not up for debate to me.

Like I said, just imagine how bad of a product we would have if Kobe, Bron, Wade, Bosh, Wall, Curry (because he hasn't always been the most healthy) , harden, Howard, all decided to be like Rose and take precautions for their life after basketball.

I'm sorry, you forfeit that worry when you decide to be a pro basketball. It's isn't always good. You take the good with the bad in anything you do in Life. With NBA basketball in its present state, you deal with that possibility that you won't be fully healthy when you retire. Fans shouldn't suffer because of that. It's the life you chose man.

" I wanna play in the NFL, I wanna play in the NBA! But I want my health to be A1 when I retire!"

Nope, doesn't work like that.

You're right. He doesn't owe me **** but to give me 32 to 34 minutes of that real every game that he's capable of playing. That's part of his job description. He kind of does owe me that. If I'm buying tickets to see the bulls, it's literally his job to be out there and play. He does owe me that much. That's not up for debate to me.

Like I said, just imagine how bad of a product we would have if Kobe, Bron, Wade, Bosh, Wall, Curry (because he hasn't always been the most healthy) , harden, Howard, all decided to be like Rose and take precautions for their life after basketball.

I'm sorry, you forfeit that worry when you decide to be a pro basketball. It's isn't always good. You take the good with the bad in anything you do in Life. With NBA basketball in its present state, you deal with that possibility that you won't be fully healthy when you retire. Fans shouldn't suffer because of that. It's the life you chose man.

LOL. Change teams bru.

i thought it was D-Rose's job is to get his team as deep into the playoffs as he can and hopefully win the ring. If he does it by playing 50 regular reason games or 82 games, does it really matter?

i thought it was D-Rose's job is to get his team as deep into the playoffs as he can and hopefully win the ring. If he does it by playing 50 regular reason games or 82 games, does it really matter?
zac

+1
& im a bulls fan

at the end of the season if hes played 60 & those 22 he didnt was all no-playoff teams its right back to not mattering again :lol:

Wassup with fans *****ing like this?

**** up and watch the game. This social media era got everybody thinking they have a voice.

xzactly

Last edited:

Buying a ticket or buying a jersey really doesn't come with any guarantees, especially in sports. If you don't like it, then stop supporting it, simple as that. 

That's the difference between Rose and the other big name stars. I'm not arguing that he isn't being a little weird here, more so the premise that they should owe you.

Rose seriously phrased it wrong by bringing up business meetings, graduation, and life after basketball.

But you could say Rose's job is to help the Bulls contend, and taking a few games off can help achieve that for a longer period of time. Same thing goes for the Spurs.

The way he phrased it just put a selfish spin on it.

Last edited:

no one.cares about.Rose. u dont play, no one cares. only his fans do. guy.still think he can twirl and out cross LBJ. aint no one complain bput duncan, or spurs.

no one.cares about.Rose. u dont play, no one cares. only his fans do. guy.still think he can twirl and out cross LBJ. aint no one complain bput duncan, or spurs.

insert kg what gif

**** up and watch the game. This social media era got everybody thinking they have a voice.

Rose seriously phrased it wrong by bringing up business meetings, graduation, and life after basketball.

But you could say Rose's job is to help the Bulls contend, and taking a few games off can help achieve that for a longer period of time. Same thing goes for the Spurs.

The way he phrased it just put a selfish spin on it.

agreed all around

Last edited:

I thought it was just me. 
laugh.gif

****** watching too much First Take.  

And the loss to the Cavs, is that the game where Rose only played 25 minutes and they barely loss in OT? And no, I don't think they need to be proactive in getting the #1 seed. I would much rather be healthy.

It seems "not being healthy" is a scenario most see as the prohibitive favorite outcome if Rose was giving it the full go-ahead. Everybody's tone is that it's such an obvious effect from the cause.

You commented on how he played well against Detroit and there are other examples, but that in itself exemplifies he has the capabilities to be productive even if it's not in the style of the player he was pre-injury/injuries.

The No. 1 seed in the East, whoever it is at the end of the season, will have played an 82-game NBA schedule heavy on Eastern Conference teams. Rather, the Western Conference No. 1 seed at season's end will be playing an 82-game schedule that is Western Conference-oriented and as a result, much harder.

I mean we could be talking about the No. 1 overall seed here, so yeah we are very far apart on "preferring to be healthy", because 'hampered by injuries' is the ONLY plausible scenario if they ever want to start taking this season seriously.

It's "they can coast and still make it into the playoffs" from everybody during the regular season and suddenly in May and June as we wade through a back-and-forth 7-game series we're all suddenly parrots, saying year after year, "Game 7 home teams win ____ % of the time." Continuing the status quo doesn't guarantee the Bulls will be that Game 7 home team. It means they're extending the possibility that they could be a candidate for the road team in that game.

Getting to the playoffs is not a conservative, smart strategy. It's a recipe for having the means but continuously coming up short. So worried about screwing up the long-term view when it'll only manufacture an era of unfulfilled potential. It's no guarantee Rose will be debilitated by being on the court at all times. There's really not, and it's time to stop selling the idea that operating a franchise under a cloud of fright is in any way related to 'looking out for the future.'

Rose tore his ACL three years ago and Joakim Noah is going to be 30 in February. What future?

Last edited:
And the loss to the Cavs, is that the game where Rose only played 25 minutes and they barely loss in OT? And no, I don't think they need to be proactive in getting the #1 seed. I would much rather be healthy.

It seems "not being healthy" is a scenario most see as the prohibitive favorite outcome if Rose was giving it the full go-ahead. Everybody's tone is that it's such an obvious effect from the cause.

You commented on how he played well against Detroit and there are other examples, but that in itself exemplifies he has the capabilities to be productive even if it's not in the style of the player he was pre-injury/injuries.

The No. 1 seed in the East, whoever it is at the end of the season, will have played an 82-game NBA schedule heavy on Eastern Conference teams. Rather, the Western Conference No. 1 seed at season's end will be playing an 82-game schedule that is Western Conference-oriented and as a result, much harder.

I mean we could be talking about the No. 1 overall seed here, so yeah we are very far apart on "preferring to be healthy", because 'hampered by injuries' is the ONLY plausible scenario if they ever want to start taking this season seriously.

It's "they can coast and still make it into the playoffs" from everybody during the regular season and suddenly in May and June as we wade through a back-and-forth 7-game series we're all suddenly parrots, saying year after year, "Game 7 home teams win ____ % of the time." Continuing the status quo doesn't guarantee the Bulls will be that Game 7 home team. It means they're extending the possibility that they could be a candidate for the road team in that game.

Getting to the playoffs is not a conservative, smart strategy. It's a recipe for having an era that continuously came up short. So worried about screwing up the long-term view when it'll only manufacture an era of unfulfilled potential. It's no guarantee Rose will be debilitated by being on the court at all times. There's really not, and it's time to stop selling the idea that operating a franchise under a cloud of fright is in any way related to 'looking out for the future.'

Rose tore his ACL three years ago and Joakim Noah is going to be 30 in February. What future?

i actually fully agree with you but i also know whats in front of me & what the team does... noah & rose will be on min's restrictions all yr & its nothing any of us can do about that ... same with b2b's or 4 in 5's neither will run all of them...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom