The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
states-per-capita.0.png

If you are a starter in the NBA for 15 years, the way people expect Rose to be, I think it's common for them to have long term ailments.

Just curious as to which NBA players have long-term ailments after playing...obviously not counting being broke.

I think I heard them talk about on Open Court or maybe Steve Nash say it in his recent article

NBA Basketball is a very physical sport. Of course it's not NFL, Boxing or even NHL level of physicality. I think since most of us have played Basketball we think of the game on that type of level but it is not.

It's a game of large men running mini marathons while leaping, bumping and sometimes hitting each other. You play at this level for a long time you're going to have some long term ailments

who is tho? everybody is saying he shouldve just kept his trap shut & hooped.... no passes given ...still reaching at them straws to drink that aide i see

****** talking about he kept it [emoji]128175[/emoji] with them comments, he sound autistic and that's keeping it all the way [emoji]128175[/emoji]. Either that or dude just don't wanna play no more. You don't wanna worry about being sore at graduations?? [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji] WHAT? You a basketball player, and you 26 yrs old at that. If that's the case, play your contract out and retire while you still young. ***** is stealing money at this point, I don't get it because he has looked good this season in the games he played.

I'm legitimately perplexed a Dwane Casey coached team is 7-1 to start the season. Ujiri knows something I don't apparently, because Toronto has worked well with Casey at the helm, particularly in cohesion with the temperamental Kyle Lowry.

How you gonna leave out Tobias Harris and Kyle O'Quinn in Orlando's future? Dead serious about O'Quinn.

I'm a huge fan of both players, and I would love to see them stay. I think they've proved themselves alongside Vooch. In an ideal world I would want everyone to stay, every single player on the Magic roster has potential in my eyes. Fournier is quickly becoming a favourite of mine too. You can't forget Channing Frye, Ben Gordon. They're all helping the Magic get back on the right track. We've got a solid squad, and allowing a season for them to gel, I think we have HUGE potential for the future.

Any other Magic fans in here?
Magic fan here :pimp: ...was Suprised n pissed to see that they blew that lead last night ...but I'm liking the competitiveness n the young players we got, even Ben Gordon n Frye getting some buckets :lol:

Plain and simple Rose's injuries are in his head. We all know you can't play not to get hurt. You think too much, don't react, and your game suffers

Dude has got to get his mind right or he'll never be the DRose of old

who is tho? everybody is saying he shouldve just kept his trap shut & hooped.... no passes given ...still reaching at them straws to drink that aide i see

****** talking about he kept it [emoji]128175[/emoji] with them comments, he sound autistic and that's keeping it all the way [emoji]128175[/emoji]. Either that or dude just don't wanna play no more. You don't wanna worry about being sore at graduations?? [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji] WHAT? You a basketball player, and you 26 yrs old at that. If that's the case, play your contract out and retire while you still young. ***** is stealing money at this point, I don't get it because he has looked good this season in the games he played.

sorry i speak english not emoji kid .... your sounding saltier than anyone honestly..... the comments were worded terrible & couldve been said better but cuz its who it is yall pull the soapbox out... i guarantee if hill or penny had said anything like this when they came back dudes would be golf clappin n **** talking , "right right, ball isnt forever etc" cut it out

Last edited:

DC, bruh :pimp:

If you are a starter in the NBA for 15 years, the way people expect Rose to be, I think it's common for them to have long term ailments.

Just curious as to which NBA players have long-term ailments after playing...obviously not counting being broke.

I think I heard them talk about on Open Court or maybe Steve Nash say it in his recent article

NBA Basketball is a very physical sport. Of course it's not NFL, Boxing or even NHL level of physicality. I think since most of us have played Basketball we think of the game on that type of level but it is not.

It's a game of large men running mini marathons while leaping, bumping and sometimes hitting each other. You play at this level for a long time you're going to have some long term ailments

Of course they are going to have more wear/tear on their bodies than an average joe or someone who topped out at playing in HS/college....but their long-term physical ailments pale in comparison to other sports.

Not to mention they have some of the top training staffs and are compensated very well for what they do

DC, bruh :pimp:
Of course they are going to have more wear/tear on their bodies than an average joe or someone who topped out at playing in HS/college....but their long-term physical ailments pale in comparison to other sports.

Yeah, off the top of my head, I can't think of too many old time NBA players who've complained of having chronic problems moving or with soreness etc. Phil Jackson comes to mind. He's had hip and back problems that keep him from moving around too well. I'm sure some of it can be attributed to his playing days. Bill Walton has had some issues too, but he had chronic injury problems when he was playing. Anyway, guys like that seem to be the exception rather than the rule.

Last edited:

I wonder how California would look if they divided it in half? I bet the per capita numbers in SoCal would go up. California's a big *** state with a ton of people though and the majority of it is not producing NBA ballers.

sorry i speak english not emoji kid .... your sounding saltier than anyone honestly..... the comments were worded terrible & couldve been said better but cuz its who it is yall pull the soapbox out... i guarantee if hill or penny had said anything like this when they came back dudes would be golf clappin n **** talking , "right right, ball isnt forever etc" cut it out

This is sad smh...it's ok to be loyal but you got the blinders on right now. I like D Rose but he acting like a *****, point blank period. I've had my acl's and meniscus tore in both of my knees. You already gone be sore and feel it when it rains, that's not a good excuse to make the decision to not go out and play if you can.

You already gone be sore and feel it when it rains, that's not a good excuse to make the decision to not go out and play if you can.
pretty sure hes been hooping & the team kept him out the 1st 2 after the dbl ankle roll so what the hell are you exactly going on about again?

zero blinders on ... i initally(knee jerk reaction) said the same thing but it would literally be a non-issue if it wouldve been worded differently. & there wouldve been tons of "at least he taking car of himself, ball aint all" etc comments

Last edited:
A lot of people hate on Philly but I find it very interesting the way they're going about building their team. I think the fact that they found him in the second is a testament to the fact that not only are they getting some of the best players from college(embiid, noel) but they are also finding good value elsewhere in the draft. MCW at 11 also.

Last edited:

[thread="608612"]mcdaniels could be good... too bad hes in philly[/thread]

A lot of people hate on Philly but I find it very interesting the way they're going about building their team. I think the fact that they found him in the second is a testament to the fact that not only are they getting some of the best players from college(embiid, noel) but they are also finding good value elsewhere in the draft. MCW at 11 also.

i was saying something common... ive watched 3-4 of thier games & they find a way to lose... ie what bad teams often do...they will be good soon tho

Stephen A going in on Rose on the radio right now. Saying this may be the hardest show he may ever have to do...

i was saying something common... ive watched 3-4 of thier games & they find a way to lose... ie what bad teams often do...they will be good soon tho

they keep it close for the first 3 periods, then that last period its like coach brown plays scrubs on purpose

They're also the youngest team in the NBA, so that attributes to some of those bad loses. Also the staff puts out questionable lineups.
Again nothing guaranteed but I find it interesting a team is going a different route in an attempt to build a contender.

Last edited:

they keep it close for the first 3 periods, then that last period its like coach brown plays scrubs on purpose

yep

They're also the youngest team in the NBA, so that attributes to some of those bad loses.
Again nothing guaranteed but I find it interesting a team is going a different route in an attempt to build a contender.

nope they going about it the correct way... i applaud it

per KCJHoop: thibodeau defending Rose. Did say, WHILE NOT KNOWING FULL CONTEXT, we all say things we coulve said better

#boom leave it plz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom