The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't blame Rose either. Could've used a better word than sore but lets keep it a buck...ya'll and other fans don't give a crap about him off the court. He has to care about himself and his family. I would want to be able to to function in a day to day life afterwards also, which is why I'm happy guys like Yao and Brandon Roy retired when things were extremely difficult. Excuse him for being a human being with goals beyond pleasing you.

Dude came back from both ankles Monday going 100 miles up the court driving to the lane.. He gives it his all everytime he steps on the court. Got no problems with him keeping it buck on the comments, he Just should know by now everyone is going to criticize him whenever he speaks on his body/sitting out. Unfair but that's just the way the game goes.

Looking forward to tomorrow's matchup with the Raptors :pimp:

I'm legitimately perplexed a Dwane Casey coached team is 7-1 to start the season. Ujiri knows something I don't apparently, because Toronto has worked well with Casey at the helm, particularly in cohesion with the temperamental Kyle Lowry.

How you gonna leave out Tobias Harris and Kyle O'Quinn in Orlando's future? Dead serious about O'Quinn.
I'm a huge fan of both players, and I would love to see them stay. I think they've proved themselves alongside Vooch. In an ideal world I would want everyone to stay, every single player on the Magic roster has potential in my eyes. Fournier is quickly becoming a favourite of mine too. You can't forget Channing Frye, Ben Gordon. They're all helping the Magic get back on the right track. We've got a solid squad, and allowing a season for them to gel, I think we have HUGE potential for the future.

Any other Magic fans in here?

I don't blame Rose either. Could've used a better word than sore but lets keep it a buck...ya'll and other fans don't give a crap about him off the court. He has to care about himself and his family. I would want to be able to to function in a day to day life afterwards also, which is why I'm happy guys like Yao and Brandon Roy retired when things were extremely difficult. Excuse him for being a human being with goals beyond pleasing you.

Exactly.

That was Jeff Ayres (formerly Pendergraph) that got hit with the towel.
laugh.gif
Damn, all them light skin dudes look the same.

I can't rock with Rose's comments and I've defended him post-injury for a while. He's not playing football. No one is going after his knees. All NBA guys logging major minutes have wear and tear on their knees. That comes with being a player. If you're healthy, then play. If we had all NBA stars thinking like that, then the product would be severely diminished. 

Last edited:
Talking like Rose is a running back or something...we're talking about the NBA. 

Derrick Rose is 100% correct, but he should know by now that those kinds of comments should be kept to himself. They're just going to demonize him for it.

Rose must play for the Bears too. How the hell you saying you sitting out games cause you want don't want to be sore at graduations and weddings when you're retired. Glad that boy contract is guaranteed. 

cmon rose u a professional athlete, an above average human being.  leave the graduations and meetings to us average folk and get back on the court

cmon rose u a professional athlete, an above average human being.  leave the graduations and meetings to us average folk and get back on the court
to be fair rose has already played in hundreds of basketball games in his life

he's never been to a highschool graduation before, so he doesnt want soreness to take away from the experience 

Last edited:
im with rose. yeah, he could've kept the comments to himself, but i understand his point. these guys only play in the league for a minuscule part of their lives. there is life outside and after basketball and he just wants to be sure he can enjoy those other aspects. i cant hate on him for that. as much as i didnt wanna see brandon roy hang it up, im happy for him because he would rather be a full functioning human being, for those close to him, than please the mindless fans that only care about the scoreboard.

I know Rose has been through a lot with injuries...but damn man, you are 26 years old and getting paid $17+ mil a year. If you are already thinking of the future like that just take your millions, retire, and create an opportunity for that next hungry player...Nothing wrong with that.

seriously shocked yall still talking about it....

looking forward to the matchup vs my 1a 2k team toronto

Last edited:
I understand what Rose is saying, but the wording just seemed funny :lol:

He's talking like he would die if he continued to play basketball at the level he was playing with. Being sore or having some lingering problems is something that a lot of athletes experience after retirement. He went way into detail with the "meetings" and "son's graduation" :lol: . It made his statement look more like "what the hell" . Not saying I don't agree with him resting, though. He could have left it at "just trying to rest my body and thinking about being healthy in my post nba career."

He still the homie tho :pimp:

Last edited:
noel is looking pretty good and so is exum. the rest arent doing much really, but its still early in the season. usually the rooks get more burn towards the end of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom