The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want the Wizards Jordan talk to stop. Those two situations are nothing alike, but people are going to reference him all year long when looking at Kobes numbers.

Kobe 41 in nba yrs, but jordan took 3 yrs off & if kobe is putting up those #s its safe to say its over

dudes trying to predict who will be all-nba 8 months from now, are also delusional.

injuries are too frequent in the league.

And if someone gets in because other guys are injured, what does it really mean?

Kobe 41 in nba yrs, but jordan took 3 yrs off & if kobe is putting up those #s its safe to say its over

Have you looked at MJ's Wizards' numbers lately? His first year in Was he was at 21, 5.6 and 5. IMO, that would be good for Kobe this season.

Posted? Nik gives no dambs

Following Sunday night's loss to the Toronto Raptors, the former Michigan star made a statement to the media that has rubbed some folks the wrong way.

"I understand that I'm a rookie and I'm white, so people are going to attack me at all times," he said. "Just coming out there in the game, I felt it right away."

Following Tuesday night's game, also against the Raptors, Stauskas tried to provide clarity for his words, but at the same time, he didn't back down from them.

"I was very surprised," Stauskas told Cowbell Kingdom. "People kind of took it too far with what I was trying to say. I wasn't trying to get anyone to feel sorry for me. I wasn't trying to be controversial or anything like that. I was just trying to keep it real."

"As a rookie in the NBA, you're going to get attacked on the court, you see that tonight," Stauskas continued. "People make a point to go at me. It has a lot to do with reputation and kind of stereotypes of what your game is. For me, I look at my reputation, people look at me and obviously, I'm not the best defender in the world, so people are going to make a point to go at me and try to attack me as much as they can. That's really what I was trying to say."

Stauskas stressed that he did not intend to spark any controversy with his comments.

"I've said stuff like that before and I don't take that back, because I'm not trying to offend anyone, I'm not trying to be controversial, I'm just saying that's just really how I feel," the rookie guard said.

"Some people may have a problem with it, some people may not, but if you've ever played the game of basketball, you understand that there's certain stereotypes and certain reputations that certain players have and based on that, people are going to play a certain way against you," Stauskas added.

Posted? Nik gives no dambs

Following Sunday night's loss to the Toronto Raptors, the former Michigan star made a statement to the media that has rubbed some folks the wrong way.

"I understand that I'm a rookie and I'm white, so people are going to attack me at all times," he said. "Just coming out there in the game, I felt it right away."

Following Tuesday night's game, also against the Raptors, Stauskas tried to provide clarity for his words, but at the same time, he didn't back down from them.

"I was very surprised," Stauskas told Cowbell Kingdom. "People kind of took it too far with what I was trying to say. I wasn't trying to get anyone to feel sorry for me. I wasn't trying to be controversial or anything like that. I was just trying to keep it real."

"As a rookie in the NBA, you're going to get attacked on the court, you see that tonight," Stauskas continued. "People make a point to go at me. It has a lot to do with reputation and kind of stereotypes of what your game is. For me, I look at my reputation, people look at me and obviously, I'm not the best defender in the world, so people are going to make a point to go at me and try to attack me as much as they can. That's really what I was trying to say."

Stauskas stressed that he did not intend to spark any controversy with his comments.

"I've said stuff like that before and I don't take that back, because I'm not trying to offend anyone, I'm not trying to be controversial, I'm just saying that's just really how I feel," the rookie guard said.

"Some people may have a problem with it, some people may not, but if you've ever played the game of basketball, you understand that there's certain stereotypes and certain reputations that certain players have and based on that, people are going to play a certain way against you," Stauskas added.

He's 100 percent right.

He got "high basketball IQ" and will be a "crafty scorer"."team player" with many "intangibles".

Last edited:
Stauskas needs to be quiet and just keep being the first player to arrive and last player to leave the gym.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Serious question though, who is the last white guy in the NBA to be considered a very good defender? Sixers Bobby Jones back in the 80s? Or I guess prime Kirelinko maybe.

Kings gonna shock the world

Season gonna be similar to the suns last season except they're gonna have rudy & cousins in a all star uniform

Stauskas gonna be in the roy race

Serious question though, who is the last white guy in the NBA to be considered a very good defender? Sixers Bobby Jones back in the 80s? Or I guess prime Kirelinko maybe.
i always thought kirk hinrich was an underated very good defender

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom