The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kobe looks "Okay" by Kobe Standards. It doesn't look like he's going to return to 12-13 form.

That is, he can't beat anyone off the dribble it looks like. Or rather, he doesn't even try. It's all playing from the post. Which, it isn't bad, it just forces him to take incredibly difficult fadeaways and takes away his creating / playmaking ability for others.

Whoever said Kobe was gonna shoot 41% this year looks to be about right. I have him at 22 to 24 PPG on around that field goal percentage.

I don't think any of these Kobe critiques matter yet.

Until the real season starts, I don't think he's pushing anything.

He seems to be to doing light workouts while  he's on the court. 

If you guys think that Kobe looks like he is asserting any part of his game offensively.....well, I guess we will see when the first game starts and he looks the same or completely different.

Right now he's working out, bet that

Kobe looks "Okay" by Kobe Standards. It doesn't look like he's going to return to 12-13 form.

That is, he can't beat anyone off the dribble it looks like. Or rather, he doesn't even try. It's all playing from the post. Which, it isn't bad, it just forces him to take incredibly difficult fadeaways and takes away his creating / playmaking ability for others.

Whoever said Kobe was gonna shoot 41% this year looks to be about right. I have him at 22 to 24 PPG on around that field goal percentage.
This is exactly why I pegged him at 18/4/4. Maybe he'll inch his way into the the 20-22 point range. I don't know how he's going to get 20+ on moderate efficiency with all these post ups and long twos and being unable/unwilling to beat his defender off the dribble. But hey, he's looking good so far.

Kobe is averaging more than 20 points this season, whether it hurts him or not.

He has nothing left to play for but his records and chasing Kareem at this point. He'll make sure he's averaging 20 plus points.

You see this is thing folks missing Kobe knows the lakers aren't championship contenders Atleast not this yr but he's competitive and won't let the squad settle, he knows his window is closing so he's going after the records now he's close and all this talk whether he's going to avg 20 or whatever he'd still go out on one leg and hoop most pain tolerant player I've seen he'll be fine I think he'll be around the 25-26 ppg

24-26 ppg from kobe

No way one of the greatest scorers of alltime is avg anything below 20 ppg on a lotto team :lol:

I'm glad some ppl notice kareems record is the only thing thats keeping him motivated because we all know he no longer can carry a team like he once did to title contention & he probably knows he wont ever win another ring with bron & kd being on a different level

I don't think Kareem's record is driving him.

It will take him 3-1/2 seasons worth of games at 24ppg (278.625 to be exact) to break it.

I think the motivation is simply to prove to critics, fans, and himself that he's on a different level and can come back from what could have been 2 career ending injuries for someone his age. Also, I think in his mind he will be lost without basketball.

Last edited:
I think hes going to beat kareems record by one point then just walk off the court after that at 40 yrs old & announce his retirement after the game :lol:

Kobe gonna have to abuse up fakes in the post to get to the line if he really isn't going at attempt driving to the rim anymore :lol:

In all honesty, the man's a quick learner. He can take some cues from Pierce in how to create space without constant dribbles or just doing typical Kobe shots.

Last edited:
Kobe actually made a comment back in August about studying how Pierce adjusted to getting older.

And that's smart as hell. If anything is going to be a problem, its his shot selection with the lack of athleticism than the actual lack of athleticism as several of you have already stated.

He's going to be terrible defensively too. I mean he already was but he might be Nash bad now :lol:

#
nthat.gif
laugh.gif

I watched the 3rd last night of the Lakers...Kobe struggledddddd to get separation, that pump fake not gonna bail him out all the time.

Kobe shooting 41%? I'm the biggest Kobe critic but that's a bit far..

Let's screen shot some of these posts for down the line.

If Kobe's not averaging at least 20 points I think he'd give it up. What's the point?

Last thing he's trying to do is look weak out there.

If Kobe's not averaging at least 20 points I think he'd give it up. What's the point?

Last thing he's trying to do is look weak out there.
He's said that in the past.

But that might have been before the $48M contract kicked in. :lol:

Byron Scott is/will be over his head with this team.

I cannot wait for Jordan Adams to get his shine on. We finally have someone who's capable of drawing fouls at will, shoot and create. :pimp:

He's said that in the past.

But that might have been before the $48M contract kicked in. :lol:

Byron Scott is/will be over his head with this team.

I'll agree with the money being a huge factor, but Kobe is an egomaniac. If he's on a lottery team averaging 18 points a game and just riding it out looking like a shell of himself - I personally think he'd retire at the end of the season, call it quits.

But this is not going to happen - Kobe will average 20 plus points a game no matter what happens. He's out to prove he can still play, he's on a terrible team, and he's going to be the main attraction everywhere he goes - all recipes for Kobe taking (also being allowed) to take as many shots as he wants. I don't care if he's shooting 35% from the field, Kobe will average 20 plus points a game :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom