The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
He racks up a ton of steals for a below average athlete. Must be the long arms.

Yea and he's actually a little quicker and jumps higher now. I forgot exactly how much he lost, but you can definitely tell the difference in his before and after pics. He also increased his vertical leap from 29.5" to 33-34" apparently. He was throwing down 2 hand dunks with ease in the open practice and I never seen him dunk before in my life :lol:

Last edited:
I don't think Kareem's record is driving him.

It will take him 3-1/2 seasons worth of games at 24ppg (278.625 to be exact) to break it.

I think the motivation is simply to prove to critics, fans, and himself that he's on a different level and can come back from what could have been 2 career ending injuries for someone his age. Also, I think in his mind he will be lost without basketball.
why can't it be the mixture of both?

I want to break this DeRozan as all NBA idea a little further than it has been. There are 6 all-NBA guard spots. I think its safe to say, barring injury, we can consider at least 4 of those spots locked up by other guys - CP3, Curry, Harden and Westbrook. You could make an argument for Tony Parker there too. Then you have the big name guys that are looking to return to form - Kobe, D-Wade, D-Rose. If any of them put up close to their prime numbers, they'll take one of the spots. Then there's a bunch of other all-star level players - Lillard, Dragic, Wall, Lowry, Kyrie. Not saying its impossible, but DeRozan would have to have an amazing season to get one of those last two all-NBA guard spots. Just don't see it happening.

Lawdog hit it on the head. There's only 6 all NBA guard spots. He's not one of them. That's not really a knock on him, there can only be so many all NBA guards.

Yall gonna learn about Derozan its unfortunate that the Raps dont be on natl tv
what is the main reason you think the raptors don't be on national tv?

i think they don't be on national tv because they're a team from canada - the general american audience isn't that interested.

i don't know why it be like that sometimes, but it do

Last edited:
Lawdog hit it on the head. There's only 6 all NBA guard spots. He's not one of them. That's not really a knock on him, there can only be so many all NBA guards.

Exactly. DeRozan is a very good player and should get credit for the improvements he's made since he's been in the league. But he's not one of the 6 best guards in the NBA and I don't see that changing this season.

Not superstar but we all know he avg 24 a gm and was an allstar

Like i said before

Putting up 23 shooting 43% & 31 from 3 in 38 mins & making it over a player with the best record in the conference just because you're the "#1 option" on your team & had a lil run when rudy left

39-Jay-Z-Ehhh.gif

Honestly, I don't think DeMar has that type of potential . I've watched him every year. He's going into his 6th season and still not better than sophmore Vince Carter. He has maybe 3 more years of his prime left and I think he's close to his ceiling.

Yall gonna learn about Derozan its unfortunate that the Raps dont be on natl tv

what is the main reason you think the raptors don't be on national tv?

i think they don't be on national tv because they're a team from canada - the general american audience isn't that interested.

i don't know why it be like that sometimes, but it do

If the general public isnt interested and the nba dont want to show them on natl tv then theres no need to have a team in canada then...you would think the NBA is trying to go GLOBAL

I just want the Wizards Jordan talk to stop. Those two situations are nothing alike, but people are going to reference him all year long when looking at Kobes numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom