The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Age to me is not a determining factor with respect to one's capacity for improvement...at least with me. Youth does not imply improvement.
Damn so your practically paying for 5 teams the price full league pass use to be.

And the 5 team thing can only be used online right? Not on your cable or xbox?
That is why you search other alternatives 
devil.gif

dude has improved every year....so why would he stop at 25.
word. ask dwight howard.  dude was 19 coming in? everyone said he's a beast and unstoppable...and how he'll improve every year.  Well, guess what...he's 28 now, and same player as he was......no championships for his career.  Book it.

word. ask dwight howard.  dude was 19 coming in? everyone said he's a beast and unstoppable...and how he'll improve every year.  Well, guess what...he's 28 now, and same player as he was......no championships for his career.  Book it.

He's just one example.

One of my favorite players, OJ, has literally been the same player since since 07

Youth does not automatically imply improvement.

But then again, i'm a guy who feels like once people hit the league, 90% of them are who they are as players and only marginally improve. The "improvements" are more due to opportunity than anything.

I love Bosh's game, but he's acting bitter currently. He let Spoelstra put him in a corner literally and not get touches in the paint.

Love is a tailor-made fit for Blatt's offense.

“It’s going to be very difficult for him,” Bosh said of Love’s new task. “Even if I was in his corner and I was able to tell him what to expect and what to do, it still doesn’t make any difference.

Article - http://www.slamonline.com/nba/chris...find-playing-cleveland-difficult-frustrating/

That said, how long will the Giannis at the point experiment last?

idk man i watched the 2 Kings vs Raptors pre season games this week and DeRozan looks improved. He was really stroking his jump shot.  Him and Lowry couldn't miss from the perimeter, especially in the 2nd game

He looks the same to me honestly, same poor shot selection, same overealice on tough contested jumpers, he's a bit stronger so I expect him to be alittle better finishing but I don't really expect a big jump.

Id love to be wrong obviously.

im not a dwight apologist, but the kid done have a great career. winning chips aint easy. it's basically the same guys/teams winning them. a bunch of all stars/all nba teams/individual awards/several kids/etc.

what he does (playing that D and rebounding) he does extremely well. he'll never be the dream on offense, but he can still get pts

Last edited:
He's just one example.

One of my favorite players, OJ, has literally been the same player since since 07

Youth does not automatically imply improvement.

But then again, i'm a guy who feels like once people hit the league, 90% of them are who they are as players and only marginally improve. The "improvements" are more due to opportunity than anything.
It depends on how you define improvement. Whenever I see you post about this topic, it seems like you only define improvement as in improved stats. Sometimes a players development improvements can't be directly viewed from their stats. Of course, youth doesn't automatically imply improvement but they have a greater chance to improve than someone 5-8 year their senior. Their lack of age implies that they probably didn't play as much basketball, watch as much film, which can directly improve theie game because they can upgrade their basketball IQ and skills.

Last edited:
Dude gotta stop caping for demar hes not that good

Give any above avg sg 38 mins as the #1 option & hes giving you demar #s easily

I have no idea what "Giannis at the point" means he's going to be a lead ball handler like Paul George/Scottie Pippen was, Tracy Mcgrady, Lebron. Hedo ect ect People act like its a strange new concept.

I have no idea what "Giannis at the point" means he's going to be a lead ball handler like Paul George/Scottie Pippen was, Tracy Mcgrady, Lebron. Hedo ect ect People act like its a strange new concept.
Point forward, lead ball handler, whatever you want to call it.

Nobody said it's a strange new concept, but there have been few players of that size and his age that managed to continue with that role.

Damn, all you have to do is buy a large Popa John's Pizza from a particular chain in Indy, and they give you a free copy of NBA2K15, that's crazy. Dope though

Damn, all you have to do is buy a large Popa John's Pizza from a particular chain in Indy, and they give you a free copy of NBA2K15, that's crazy. Dope though
Interesting.

Current gen or last-gen version?
nerd.gif

Last edited:
It depends on how you define improvement. Whenever I see you post about this topic, it seems like you only define improvement as in improved stats. Sometimes a players development improvements can't be directly viewed from their stats. Of course, youth doesn't automatically imply improvement but they have a greater chance to improve than someone 5-8 year their senior. Their lack of age implies that they probably didn't play as much basketball, watch as much film, which can directly improve theie game because they can upgrade their basketball IQ and skills.

Show me one time where I related stats to improvement. In most cases, certain stats do improve when a player improves, but I don't just look at stats when determining if a player improves or not.

For me, it's what he does currently, and what new skills or ability he adds to his arsenal. That is improvement to me, and from my perspective, it's extremely rare for someone to add something brand new into their arsenal once they hit the league. At that point, it's more refining, and doing what you do great. More than likely, it probably was already there and they are being give a longer leash, or are having a grander opportunity to showcase their arsenal. Of course, because players come into the league young they physically can improve, (get bigger, stronger, faster,) but as far as actually adding new skills to perform? Most don't.

I would never define improvement as "improved Stats." Have no idea where you got that from. (Not coming at you g, I just really don't know where you got that I defined improvement as that. If I did previously then I would like to see it. And if I did, it was surely accidental or just a misinterpretation of my statement because that couldn't be further from the truth for me)

Last edited:
and the funniest **** about that statement is..'last year'....was just 4 months ago 0_0. 4 months and you can't even get a lineup no mo?
sick.gif
What kind of sunglasses are those that born is wearing out of curiosity?

Show me one time where I related stats to improvement. In most cases, certain stats do improve when a player improves, but I don't just look at stats when determining if a player improves or not.

For me, it's what he does currently, and what new skills or ability he adds to his arsenal. That is improvement to me, and from my perspective, it's extremely rare for someone to add something brand new into their arsenal once they hit the league. At that point, it's more refining, and doing what you do great. More than likely, it probably was already there and they are being give a longer leash, or are having a grander opportunity to showcase their arsenal. Of course, because players come into the league young they physically can improve, (get bigger, stronger, faster,) but as far as actually adding new skills to perform? Most don't.

I would never define improvement as "improved Stats." Have no idea where you got that from. (Not coming at you g, I just really don't know where you got that I defined improvement as that. If I did previously then I would like to see it. And if I did, it was surely accidental or just a misinterpretation of my statement because that couldn't be further from the truth for me)
honestly, you brought up this topic a bunch of times, and I don't care that much to go through everything to see who's right or wrong or whatever. :lol:

you did however said that OJ Mayo never got better since his rookie year or earlier years in the league. i do think that is false. i think his passing ability improved, his pick and roll offense improved and his mid-range improved. however, this is based off of last year when he played for Dallas since I haven't watched him play on the Bucks :x

do you think players can only become better players, if they add "new skills to perform"? if one player refines their current strength or improve their basketball IQ, that's not improvement to you? just because a player didn't add a skill to their skill-set they use, doesn't mean they didn't get better. i think a player can improve by just reading a defense better, learning when to shoot and when not, improving on team Defense, refining their current strengths, etc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom