The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
They were talking about him not being on the next 10 in list of ALL TIME GREATS, not HOF

Last edited:
espn rankings is such garbage. how you putting T. Antetokounmpo over Justin Hamilton? :smh:

Sad way for Steve Nash's career to end, but he's a shoo-in for the HOF. A real stand up athlete, I will always hold him in the highest esteem. Much respect for taking a stand against bigots during Arizona's disgraceful SB 1070 period.  People in here dismissing his impact are blaspheming
mean.gif

I'll put it on every once and a while, while I'm trying find something to watch on tv.. and I always hear them say something stupid..

like last night they were talking about contenders in the west and talked about how okc will never be a contender..

okc, a team that has been to 3 of the last 4 western conference finals and the finals once (losing to the eventual champion all 3 years).. and who knows what happens if westbrook's injury doesn't happen or ibaka's (cause a lot of teams could survive those types of injuries)

Open Court is good when the panel is talking about their own experiences in the league and telling stories. When they're talking about the league currently, its not much different than Inside the NBA, but with more people. Since they've pretty much exhausted talking about the good old days, it does not interest me as much as it used to.

I'll put it on every once and a while, while I'm trying find something to watch on tv.. and I always hear them say something stupid..

like last night they were talking about contenders in the west and talked about how okc will never be a contender..

okc, a team that has been to 3 of the last 4 western conference finals and the finals once (losing to the eventual champion all 3 years).. and who knows what happens if westbrook's injury doesn't happen or ibaka's (cause a lot of teams could survive those types of injuries)

Open Court is good when the panel is talking about their own experiences in the league and telling stories. When they're talking about the league currently, its not much different than Inside the NBA, but with more people. Since they've pretty much exhausted talking about the good old days, it does not interest me as much as it used to.
I'll miss Kerr; he was the most reasonable and knowledge in this regard.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: at steve nash "saving" the league during a time period that had Prime A.I, Early Prime Kobe, Prime Shaq, Prime Duncan, Young Bron, Melo, Wade, Prime VC & T-mac etc etc.

But Steve Nash saved the league hilarity at it's finest.

Also if i hear one more media stan talk about the outlet pass of K.Love as if it's some monumental difference in the game of basketball i'm gonna snap. K.Love right now isn't a better player or fit with LBJ. guys are talking like he's gonna be playing with Bron & still put up 25 & 15 a night. He will be relegated to basically the same exact role that Bosh has. He does have a good post game and is a great rebounder but on a team with Lebron James two of those skills are gonna be hampered because they need the space for LBJ to drive the lane.

Also Kyrie as of now is a HUGE downgrade from Wade his first 2-3 years with the Heat.outside of shooting i don't believe he does ANYTHING better than Wade. & unlike Wade he doesn't have the security on his Ego that Wade had by the time LBJ got there. He was already a champion and already showed he can dominate at the top level. This team isn't gonna smoothly transition into a championshib caliber team off the jump like most people believe.

Sad way for Steve Nash's career to end, but he's a shoo-in for the HOF. A real stand up athlete, I will always hold him in the highest esteem. Much respect for taking a stand against bigots during Arizona's disgraceful SB 1070 period.  People in here dismissing his impact are blaspheming
mean.gif
Agreed.He really 'earned' those MVPs.  Definitely set the bar at the PG position based on 'skills' alone!

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
at steve nash "saving" the league during a time period that had Prime A.I, Early Prime Kobe, Prime Shaq, Prime Duncan, Young Bron, Melo, Wade, Prime VC & T-mac etc etc.

But Steve Nash saved the league hilarity at it's finest.

Also if i hear one more media stan talk about the outlet pass of K.Love as if it's some monumental difference in the game of basketball i'm gonna snap. K.Love right now isn't a better player or fit with LBJ. guys are talking like he's gonna be playing with Bron & still put up 25 & 15 a night. He will be relegated to basically the same exact role that Bosh has. He does have a good post game and is a great rebounder but on a team with Lebron James two of those skills are gonna be hampered because they need the space for LBJ to drive the lane.

Also Kyrie as of now is a HUGE downgrade from Wade his first 2-3 years with the Heat.outside of shooting i don't believe he does ANYTHING better than Wade. & unlike Wade he doesn't have the security on his Ego that Wade had by the time LBJ got there. He was already a champion and already showed he can dominate at the top level. This team isn't gonna smoothly transition into a championshib caliber team off the jump like most people believe.
don't forget a healthy anderson verajao

Steve Nash is head and shoulders above Chris Paul. A real throwback to 60s, 70s, 80s, early 90s point guards. Chris Paul has HORRIBLE sportsmanship. And what's funny, Nash's only true knock was his defense, which is easily true. And, Chris Paul has been a defensive liability since Wake Forest. And as he's getting older, it'll be even worse for that boy! Anywho, Tony Parker has owned Paul/Nash throughout all of their careers. They never want to see TP9!

Steve Nash is head and shoulders above Chris Paul. A real throwback to 60s, 70s, 80s, early 90s point guards. Chris Paul has HORRIBLE sportsmanship. And what's funny, Nash's only true knock was his defense, which is easily true. And, Chris Paul has been a defensive liability since Wake Forest. And as he's getting older, it'll be even worse for that boy! Anywho, Tony Parker has owned Paul/Nash throughout all of their careers. They never want to see TP9!
where do they find you people? 

http://www.basketball-reference.com/awards/all_defense.html

man please that head and shoulders crap is nonsense...where steve was terrible at defense CP made up for. Fools acting like CP didn't guard KD in the playoffs last year and did his thing. Only thing Nash is hands down better then Chris in is shooting, other then that they are in the same league.

give me CP gritty and heart over Nash sportsmanship anyday.

Chris Paul's defense is vastly overrated though.

Since when did all defense get credibility? :lol: Same dudes defending CP3 probably condemned Kobe for being all defense 1st team so many years.

Last edited:

Those figures are null and void to me bro! If you honestly admire Chris Paul defensive prowess, you're not watching the game with both eyes. Chris Paul has never locked any opposing offensive player down. These in-game defensive heroics of his, I don't see it. I don't want to be hypothetical but Chris Paul has been healthy since entering the league in 2005, no major time missed except once, I recall. He won those awards by default because every other PG was hurt. Paul isn't a better defender than D.Rose, Deron Williams, Rondo, Eric Bledsoe, Jeff Teague, Russell Westbrook, Chalmers, Conley, etc. Chris Paul is always getting beat off the dribble. As a leader and and floor general, he is savvy.

Chris Paul hasn't been an elite defender for a couple of years in my eyes, but that doesn't mean he's a slouch. He's above average, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom