The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let Mitch Richmond be great.

Haha I did not mean to insult Mitch or his fan. He was somewhat underrated during his career, but he definitely was one of the premier SGs in the league back then. I just think his resume was not strong enough to get in the hall. But he did, so all those fringe HOFers should be measured against his resume if us fans want to judge whether the player is HOF worthy.

BTW, I personally think getting in the HOF has become not as honorable as it should be, but that's another story.

Difference is like .001 though :lol:

Anyway, I don't need basketball-reference HOF probability to tell me that both guys are HOF worthy.

On another note, I missed Grantland Basketball Hour on ESPN, is there any other way to re-watch it??

zyzz, cp3 is a hofer/ plain and simple there is no gray area to it. He's arguably the best point guard of his generation.

The HOF isn't a mythical concept. You can't just make up your own criteria for it. If you don't think CP3 or even VC are HOFers - you're just wrong. No argument to be had. Compare those guys with all the current HOFers. That's all that needs to be done.

View media item 1230567

Nash should've retired before last season. I respect him as a player but did he expect to play till he was 45?
Gotta call it a day mane, cant keep getting them checks forever.
He's 40. Few players played that long. Probably less than 10 in all of NBA history.

Today I woke up in the middle of the night angry at the Sixers front office for their tanking policy.
Straight slap in the face to fans.
Im not even a Sixers fan :lol:

Last edited:
I would put Chris Paul in the HOF before I put Nash in it.

I saw them discuss Nash on "Open Court" earlier, none of them thought he was a HOF. Some said it was the system and some said he was "given" those MVP awards.

I would not put Paul or Nash in. Paul still has time to earn that spot though.

Last edited:
You guys are really overvaluing what it takes to get into the HoF. Someone like Joe Johnson and Deron Williams arent getting in but CP3 and Nash are, and I'm not having the Vince Carter conversation for the umpteenth time, hes getting in DEAL WITH IT.

I feel like if you put a All Star caliber pass first point guard you would get similar results and get better defense
eyes.gif

he is one of the 5 greatest shooters ever, maybe the greatest, you need a lot more than just "a all star caliber pass first point gaurd" to produce the greatest offense in the history of the NBA.

I don't know how to explain this to you, the NBA has assimilated D'antoni's principles, team shoot more 3's, use stretch fours a run spread pick and rolls, who out there is putting up Nash numbers? Which pass first PG's has offense units performing like Nash did?
It cant be said enough, Steve Nash changed NBA offenses FOREVER

:lol: x :smh: @ people in here discrediting Steve Nash. It's gotten to the point where I really think dudes believe you could plug Mike Penberthy in that Suns offense and get similar results. It's ******* insane :smh: Anyways, Nash one of the best to ever play the game and easily the best shooter I've ever seen play. He's one of the true good guys in the league, and like Grant Hill/Iverson, I just wish he had a ring on his resume. It is what it is though...I'm sure he's going to be on to bigger and better things in his post-playing career. He's got his hands in a bunch of projects, so I'm sure he'll still be very visible even with his playing days being over. Nothing but respect for the guy.

I would not put Paul or Nash in. Paul still has time to earn that spot though.

Hold the **** up...just hold the **** up! You serious????? Unless you're from Senegal and are new to watching the sport, I don't know how you can even remotely call yourself a fan of the game if you think that Nash isn't a HOFer. My mind is blown. Seriously.

Last edited:
I said, Nash will get in but I wouldn't put him in it. His first 3-4 years and his last 3-4 years were average or below average. I also thought Dallas Nash was better than Phx Nash. Phx Nash was good but it was also the system. That system was for points and offense, not championships. And lastly, if Nash was black, he has one less MVP award, possibly zero MVP awards.

Steve Nash & D'Antoni's offensive SAVED the NBA, to discredit that is absurd. The league was horrible from 1999-2004.

Nash is a hall of famer, plenty of players who have done less are in, so why wouldn't a two time MVP and top 3 NBA assist leader not get in?

NT stay trying to downplay player's accomplishments, he was BALLING for at least 12 out of 18 years in his career but ya wanna talk about a few off years early on & last season :smh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom