The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Houston's Christmas List...
roll.gif

I remember reading somewhere that the Pistons were trying to be conscious of the financial difficulties in Detroit. What kind of message does that send if you cut a man and still owing him 26 million, never mind giving him that money when nobody else would.

At this point in Josh Smith's career you are what you are and I wonder if any coach can reach him at all. Reminds me of when the Trailblazers bought out Steve Francis for 40 million before he made it to Portland.

I remember reading somewhere that the Pistons were trying to be conscious of the financial difficulties in Detroit. What kind of message does that send if you cut a man and still owing him 26 million, never mind giving him that money when nobody else would.

At this point in Josh Smith's career you are what you are and I wonder if any coach can reach him at all. Reminds me of when the Trailblazers bought out Steve Francis for 40 million before he made it to Portland.

doesnt cost them much once the new tv deal is in place...& this shouldve happened in traning camp imo

I

Just a year & change ago he was matched up against PG on the perimeter and doing a hell of a good job. The Rockets picking him up allows for dwight to stay in the paint and alter shots, Add that along Beverly, Ariza, & Brewer and what once was a pedestrian defense starts to look like one of the better defenses in the League.

Having Josh gives you a guy who is still one of the most versatile defenders in the L.

We're 2nd in defensive efficiency this far with all our injuries.

If it works, we become that much better defensively and add an above the rim player. If it doesn't, we can cut him.

D Mo isn't worth Dragic. Suns need to take the Knicks offer of Shump and STAT for Goran.

Do it Mitch!

Last edited:
Am I the only one who things Beverly is actually a better fit for the Rockets than Dragic would be? Dragic and Harden are kind of duplicative. With Bev, you have a great defender at the position and a guy who doesn't dominate the ball. If you bring in Dragic, you lose something on D and take touches away from Harden. IDK, just doesn't make a ton of sense to me.

Bet on Josh if you want to but he ain't helping nobody until he changes his game.

He's shooting Deandre Jordan numbers from the line. That should speak to how much he doesn't care about improving his game.

Am I the only one who things Beverly is actually a better fit for the Rockets than Dragic would be? Dragic and Harden are kind of duplicative. With Bev, you have a great defender at the position and a guy who doesn't dominate the ball. If you bring in Dragic, you lose something on D and take touches away from Harden. IDK, just doesn't make a ton of sense to me.
If the Rockets get Josh Smith and plan to start him, then Dragic for his shooting fits better

Dragic has played with Bledsoe and they both like to have the ball, it worked out

Either way Beverly as a backup is very good

Last edited:
Didn't see that comin. Josh Smith has never elevated his game imo. He's athletic, pretty good defender, but doesn't offer a lot on O. Athleticism is only going to carry you so far, once age sets in, it goes downhill.

Out of all the teams, I see Houston being the fools and paying him some crazy money to little to nothing. Not to mention how will he and Dwight play together?

Didn't see that comin. Josh Smith has never elevated his game imo. He's athletic, pretty good defender, but doesn't offer a lot on O. Athleticism is only going to carry you so far, once age sets in, it goes downhill.

Out of all the teams, I see Houston being the fools and paying him some crazy money to little to nothing. Not to mention how will he and Dwight play together?
Shawn Marion made a nice career out of being an athletic defender that could finish around the rim .... 

JSmoov just didn't want to stay in his lane and thought he could add a jumper to his resume..... ignorant ***** didn't know when to stop 

I thought Pelicans and Josh Smith
ohwell.gif
then I was like not we good. Dont need to take too many steps backwards

Shawn Marion made a nice career out of being an athletic defender that could finish around the rim .... 

JSmoov just didn't want to stay in his lane and thought he could add a jumper to his resume..... ignorant ***** didn't know when to stop 

Marion could also hit the shot when needed. Josh Smith didn't. He didn't want to work on that it seems and just assumed he could do it. But do u blame him or the staff for the Hawks. They let him, being the hometown kid, think he was that nice. He's still relatively young but it'd take at least 2 seasons to get him where he should be already. And most of that time is due to ego and pride.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom