The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
tryan watch mavs/ hawks and bengals/ broncos between tv n laptop. forgot bulls was playing rapts.... * reaches for wifes laptop* its a struggle.

NBA getting so lame .... 6'10 dudes trying to draw charges from point guards 

man go up and contest the ******* shot 

with regards to Josh Smith.... How does his salary work? Will his still make all that money? Will the next team pick up the salary? I never fully understood how waivers worked
Using the stretch provision he'll receive all of what he's owed, until 2020.

$5.4 mil a year.

Last edited:
View media item 1316984
with regards to Josh Smith.... How does his salary work? Will his still make all that money? Will the next team pick up the salary? I never fully understood how waivers worked

Pistons stretch that out until 2020 I think and pay half or something so it doesn't affect their cap. So he'll get his money from the pistons regardless then hell get whatever from a new team.

Can Smith pull an Arenas and just leave?

I see. So should he sign with say the lakers or rockets. How much of that will they eat?
I don't believe they eat anything.

It would be 2 separate contracts.

If I'm incorrect,

somebody please correct me.

View media item 1316984

I see. So should he sign with say the lakers or rockets. How much of that will they eat?

If I'm incorrect,

this is how Gilbert Arenas was able to get paid from Orlando and Washington correct?

If I'm incorrect,

this is how Gilbert Arenas was able to get paid from Orlando and Washington correct?
Orlando amnestied Hibachi, wasn't waived.

In both situations, he's due his bread.

However, if somebody were to bid on an amnestied player, 

they'd pay the difference of their successful bid.

Last edited:

View media item 1316984

thanks for your insight. repped on all posts

If I'm incorrect,

Orlando amnestied Hibachi, wasn't waived.

Thread is like: Josh Smith is trash.

Every fan in the thread: I hope my team makes a move for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom