Team Metal Heads thread : Keep metal alive join the team!!!!!!!!!!!!!

man im pretty bummed about Peter Steele passing
frown.gif
Carnivore were one of my favorites. i got to see Type O several times unfortunately i never got to experience Carnivore live.

http://www.youtube.com/v/bvaOn5CwTRI&hl=en_US&fs=1&http://www.youtube.com/v/bvaOn5CwTRI&hl=en_US&fs=1& http://www.youtube.com/v/bvaOn5CwTRI&hl=en_US&fs=1&http://www.youtube.com/v/bvaOn5CwTRI&hl=en_US&fs=1& http://www.youtube.com/v/bvaOn5CwTRI&hl=en_US&fs=1&http://www.youtube.com/v/bvaOn5CwTRI&hl=en_US&fs=1&

like i stated earlier in this thread probably one of the most underrated bands.

RIP Peter Steele

Yeah man I always did want to see Carnivore. They would include Carnivore songs ever so often in their setlist but to see the group play would have been awesome.

Originally Posted by Physicx

matt, im confused. ive always been told that summer slaughter is necrophagist's tour and that theyre on the bill every year. so that means that decapitated is the headliner this year?

from metalsucks:

SummerSlaughterlogo.jpg

Summer Slaughter is without a doubt the best metal tour hitting the U.S. pavement this Summer. The 100% confirmed, official lineup, which MetalSucks exclusively can reveal to you now, is…

DECAPITATED
THE FACELESS
ALL SHALL PERISH
THE RED CHORD
VEIL OF MAYA
CEPHALIC CARNAGE
DECREPIT BIRTH
CARNIFEX
ANIMALS AS LEADERS
VITAL REMAINS

sick lineup. imo. cattle decapitation would of been kinda cool though

and bcf, man that sucks seeing how youre a big fan. age 6 or 7, thats awesome. i dont even remember what the hell i listened to when i was that age. sure as hell wasnt type o though thats for damn sure
laugh.gif

Nah, man. Necrophagist has been on all but two (now that this lineup has been confirmed), but it isn't their tour. I believe it was derived as a heavier alternative to the Sounds of the Underground, but interestingly enough, that tour stopped altogether once Summer Slaughter came about. I would imagine that Necrophagist's absence is to concentrate on releasing the Chinese Democracy of technical death metal.

oh ok. i was just misinformed. thanks. and i wish that sounds of the underground was still going on. as for the summer slaughter lineup the only band i dont care about is carnifex. veil of maya is whatever to me but ill keep an open mind.

anyways, went to eluveitie errrr...amon amarth last night

the first band was holy grail. old school traditional heavy metal w/ nordic, nwobhm and power metal influence. pretty good. they dedicated a song to peter steele which was although expected, a nice gesture.

next was eluveitie who i wanted to see. i was one of the first people into the venue and they had no friggin shirts for eluveitie in a medium OR large
indifferent.gif
. thats ok, i settled for a hoodie and got a free autographed poster instead. it took them sooooooo long to get them soundchecked cause of all the goddamn instruments
laugh.gif
. i was fairly dissapointed when i saw the setlist they played in vancouver but they played a completely different one here (bloodstained ground ftw!). crowd was ape #%%*. my only gripe was that you couldnt really hear the flute and seeing the hurdy gurdy live is awesome
pimp.gif

amon amarth played a nice setlist but the sound wasnt that great. i was the only one singing along to pursuit of vikings where i was standing which was kind of awkward but whatever. amon amarth always tours w/ bands who i find are better live than them. last time it was ensiferum and belphegor this time was eluveitie.

Originally Posted by ninjallamafromhell

Has anyone checked out the new Rob Zombie album?  After Educated Horses I can't trust Rob.
NO, the only thing I ever liked from that guy were the White Zombie days.

oh ok. i was just misinformed. thanks. and i wish that sounds of the underground was still going on. as for the summer slaughter lineup the only band i dont care about is carnifex. veil of maya is whatever to me but ill keep an open mind.

anyways, went to eluveitie errrr...amon amarth last night

the first band was holy grail. old school traditional heavy metal w/ nordic, nwobhm and power metal influence. pretty good. they dedicated a song to peter steele which was although expected, a nice gesture.

next was eluveitie who i wanted to see. i was one of the first people into the venue and they had no friggin shirts for eluveitie in a medium OR large
indifferent.gif
. thats ok, i settled for a hoodie and got a free autographed poster instead. it took them sooooooo long to get them soundchecked cause of all the goddamn instruments
laugh.gif
. i was fairly dissapointed when i saw the setlist they played in vancouver but they played a completely different one here (bloodstained ground ftw!). crowd was ape #%%*. my only gripe was that you couldnt really hear the flute and seeing the hurdy gurdy live is awesome
pimp.gif

amon amarth played a nice setlist but the sound wasnt that great. i was the only one singing along to pursuit of vikings where i was standing which was kind of awkward but whatever. amon amarth always tours w/ bands who i find are better live than them. last time it was ensiferum and belphegor this time was eluveitie.
Sounds like you had a decent time.  I remember when Slayer came and I had sucky seats.  I was the only one headbanging and singing along.  Everyone else was freaking out.

thanks guys, i did have fun. and bcf, i guess if i had a sucky view that noone would know the words, but i was at the railing. youd think that people at the friggin front would know the lyircs to one of their flagship songs
smh.gif
laugh.gif

i have yet to listen to rob zombie's new one. i did like his pop stuff like dragula and stuff but yeah, white zombie's album w/ electric head pt 1 was
pimp.gif

Anyone going to Mayhem?

I'm still waiting for Ozzfest but as for now a bunch of my friends are planning to drive out there and going

Originally Posted by yeahitsRUST

What up fellas?

Past few days:

A Day To Remember
As I Lay Dying
Apocalyptica
Hammerfall
Iron Maiden
Whats up Rust?  What you been up to?

well well well

calgary does get an iron maiden show after all...should i roadtrip via greyhound or what?

well well well

calgary does get an iron maiden show after all...should i roadtrip via greyhound or what?
I know I heard the rumors last week.  Do it bro.  Make the drive if you have a car.  I'm supposed to meet up with my girl in chicago while she visits her parents for the summer so I'm considering of going to the Chicago one as well.

i think i will (hoping)

i dont have a car. broke %+@ kid man
smh.gif
but the greyhound and their student rate will do the trick. ill bounce right after the show so i dont have to spend the night in a hotel or anything

this time i think ill do the stands though

edit - dude, do it lol. road trips for concerts ftw!

i think i will (hoping)

i dont have a car. broke %+@ kid man
smh.gif
but the greyhound and their student rate will do the trick. ill bounce right after the show so i dont have to spend the night in a hotel or anything

this time i think ill do the stands though

edit - dude, do it lol. road trips for concerts ftw!
Your  not alone man.  I had one and it messed up so they told me to repair it it would cost more than the car is worth.  So I let it go.  Now I'm carless. 
22 and carless fml
tired.gif
.  I was thinking of saving up for a plane ticket to chicago.  I took the bus once to there and I would never do it again.

damn dude that sucks. what happened on the bus that makes you so reluctant? im aware of all the customer service complaints regarding greyhound so now im kinda skeptical

however its only like a 3 hour ride for myself so i donno if its worth it

damn dude that sucks. what happened on the bus that makes you so reluctant? im aware of all the customer service complaints regarding greyhound so now im kinda skeptical

however its only like a 3 hour ride for myself so i donno if its worth it
Well a 3 hr ride is no biggie I've done it before going to Houston but going to Chicago from San Antonio is about 2-3 days on the bus.  The worst thing was the restroom damn what a smell full of funk and some kids and people are annoying as heck and the worst part is beings stuck with them for that amount of time.  We did make stops but I would not do that again.  I don't mind anything less than a day.

The complete list of dates for this year's Summer Slaughter tour will be officially unveiled on Monday, April 26.

The trek will feature the following lineup:

DECAPITATED
THE FACELESS
ALL SHALL PERISH
THE RED CHORD
VEIL OF MAYA
CEPHALIC CARNAGE
DECREPIT BIRTH
CARNIFEX
ANIMALS AS LEADERS
VITAL REMAINS

Can't Wait! I hope they pull a two nighter in San Antonio again.

Back
Top Bottom